What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane v Newcastle - Teams named

salivor

First Grade
Round 12: Brisbane Broncos v Newcastle Knights

Venue: Suncorp Stadium
Date: Sunday June 1, 2003
Time: 3.00 pm

Brisbane Broncos:
1: Darren Lockyer
2: Scott Minto
3: Brent Tate
4: Michael DeVere
5: Stuart Kelly
6: Ben Ikin
7: Shaun Berrigan
8: Shane Webcke
9: Richard Swain
10: Petero Civoniceva
11: Gorden Tallis (c)
12: Dane Carlaw
13: Tonie Carroll

Interchange:
14: Corey Parker
15: Andrew Gee
16: Brad Meyers
17: Casey McGuire
18: Barry Berrigan

Swain is back on deck this week to give an almost injury free squad. Of course this is the big home coming to Lang Park. The team is trying to keep their emotions at bay and keep it all low key. Apparently 40,000+ tickets have been sold so expect an icey reception for Newcastle.

Newcastle Knights:
1. Robbie O'Davis
2. Timana Tahu
3. Matthew Gidley
4. Mark Hughes
5. Anthony Quinn
6. Sean Rudder
7. Andrew Johns (c)
8. Josh Perry
9. Danny Buderus
10. Matthew Jobson
11. Steve Simpson
12. Daniel Abraham
13. Ben Kennedy

Interchange:
14. Clint Newton
15. Luke Quigley
16. Kurt Gidley
17. Craig Hall
18. Andrew Price

This will be Andrew Johns' 200th first grade game for the Newcastle Knights so that'll provide alot of motivation for him in this game. Newcastle have never beaten Brisbane in Brisbane and they'll be facing hostile conditions for this match. It should be a good game.

salivor

First Grade
No I didn't go to the game, I live in Wellington, NZ.
On the telly the atmosphere sounded crap. I was actually really dissapointed, there were many sections of the game where the crowd went dead quiet. It didn't help that the Broncos were losing but really that many people that close to the action should've created better atmosphere.

chileman

Coach
Mayor_Quimby said:
if distance is no excuse you should be at EVERY SINGLE Brookvale game :lol: :D :p
I would if I didn't have 2 chileboys and a wife to support ;-) ...I made 2 this year and 3 last year! :p

Mayor_Quimby

Bench
chileman said:
Mayor_Quimby said:
if distance is no excuse you should be at EVERY SINGLE Brookvale game :lol: :D :p
I would if I didn't have 2 chileboys and a wife to support ;-) ...I made 2 this year and 3 last year! :p

don’t worry chile, I know, if it was any other person with that much on their plates then they wouldn’t come to any games. You are a true Supporter and a Good Bloke to top it off :D

kaon

Juniors
Thanks for posting the link chileman. From the pictures, the interior of the ground looks a lot like the Millennium stadium in Wales.