What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane2 Bid News

Which Brisbane2 Team Name?

• Total voters

joshreading

Staff member
The insecurity from the other bids (CC and CQ particularly) is embarrassing. Accusations of arrogance (because the guy confidently says that his area which has about 3 MILLION people could take another team) Accusations of grand standing because they are using intelligent profile building releases and rumours.

Sorry to those who would throw rocks but this is exactly what they (and ALL Bids) should be doing. Promoting the virtues of their area, creating a wave of publicity, creating talk.

One of Rugby League's problems (because of our Blue Collar background) is that we consider promotion and confidence as a negative.

joshreading

Staff member
Making noise could be classed as a little bit insecure, ie. little man syndrome.

Judging by the CM linking everyone from Bennett to $BW in a frigging article every bloody day shows that it is obviously selling papers/clicks.

Not everyone needs to jump up and down and say "look at me, look at me".

You mean they are doing their job? Would you rather this publicity, one of possibilities or just bogan RL players getting caught for drunk driving? It is not insecurity, it is confidence. The insecurity is found in those CLEARLY intimidated by BRIS2's building profile.

Correct. Bris 2 has certainly created a stir on the CC (and by that I mean North Sydney). I think the bidders are just saying what everyone else already knows - Brisbane can and should have another team, asap.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Correct. Bris 2 has certainly created a stir on the CC (and by that I mean North Sydney)
Correct. All of a sudden they're on here criticizing every little thing about the Brisbane 2 bid.

And its laughable how the CEO is copping it by being outspoken. Greg Florimo is no shrinking violet himself, wasn't he who said that the CC bears were willing to step in if the storm got the chop following the salary cap cheating scandal?

The insecurity from the other bids (CC and CQ particularly) is embarrassing. Accusations of arrogance (because the guy confidently says that his area which has about 3 MILLION people could take another team) Accusations of grand standing because they are using intelligent profile building releases and rumours.

Sorry to those who would throw rocks but this is exactly what they (and ALL Bids) should be doing. Promoting the virtues of their area, creating a wave of publicity, creating talk.

One of Rugby League's problems (because of our Blue Collar background) is that we consider promotion and confidence as a negative.

How is the CC bid insecure when our management haven't said anything about any bid in any media outlet? As I keep saying from day one, it's our fans who are making the noise.

Bluecollar background are the very people which turn up to games every week, the very backbone of the game itself. It'll be their kids who play league who become the future stars. So I wouldn't be dissing the very people who support the game whole heartedly.

Also some bids (CC, W.A., CQ) prefer to tell the truth and their accomplishments rather than maybes, possibilities. Rumors sell news papers, not memberships.. not game tickets.

Correct. All of a sudden they're on here criticizing every little thing about the Brisbane 2 bid.

And its laughable how the CEO is copping it by being outspoken. Greg Florimo is no shrinking violet himself, wasn't he who said that the CC bears were willing to step in if the storm got the chop following the salary cap cheating scandal?

Well thats just silly. Of course he'd say that because HE WAS ASKED by the media if that were to happen, would the Central Coast Bears be ready to step up and fill the void. He never made that statement on it's own. Get your facts right.

Correct. Bris 2 has certainly created a stir on the CC (and by that I mean North Sydney). I think the bidders are just saying what everyone else already knows - Brisbane can and should have another team, asap.

Nice one mate. But the Bears are based on the CC. HQ is on the CC. 75% of members live on the CC. Training facilities on the CC. Operations ran on the CC. Majority local business partners on the CC.

Last edited:

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Well thats just silly. Of course he'd say that because HE WAS ASKED by the media if that were to happen, would the Central Coast Bears be ready to step up and fill the void. He never made that statement on it's own. Get your facts right.
Come on RB&B. He answered the question. He could have said no comment. He could have said no straight out.

Come on RB&B. He answered the question. He could have said no comment. He could have said no straight out.

Anyone with relevance to the NRL with a fledging bid would have answered the same question if put in the same position.:lol: Don't try to suggest it was just a CCBEARS/Greg Florimo... the only reason the media didn't ask anyone else was because at the time only the W.A. Reds and CCBEARS bids were up, while Central QLD was just starting out. Ipswich & Brisbane were no where to be seen yet. At least he answered truthfully and why would you shy away from a question like that anyway?

The difference is Greg Florimo answered a journo's question about expansion/the bid and told of things that CCBEARS had already achieved.

While Craig Davison makes statements to journo's about how his bid is already in and what union stars and coaches they are definitely going to get or how much money his bid will get from sponsors before any of it is actually achieved. Then when it falls short, he looks like a numbnut.

Von

Juniors

Well said.

This "blue collar" BS is what is holding RL (and the whole country) back.

We need investment from huge corporations and millionaires (Tinkler, Politis, Crowe, Delmege, etc).

The tall poppy syndrome permeates most of Australian society unfortunately...certainly in RL.

Perth Red

Post Whore
and TBF the Bears in their early days also came out talking about who they may or may not sign, Brisbane2 has ground to catch up and needs to quickly raise its profile so not surprising they are looking for anything that will get them in the paper.

I'm more interested to see if their is real fan support for the bid, everything else is pretty much a given for them.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Anyone with relevance to the NRL with a fledging bid would have answered the same question if put in the same position.:lol: Don't try to suggest it was just a CCBEARS/Greg Florimo... the only reason the media didn't ask anyone else was because at the time only the W.A. Reds and CCBEARS bids were up, while Central QLD was just starting out. Ipswich & Brisbane were no where to be seen yet. At least he answered truthfully and why would you shy away from a question like that anyway? .
Florimo should have said 'no comment' or 'we'll let the NRL work this one out'. He was under no obligation to say anything else. Instead he opened his mouth in a blatant attempt to talk up his bid at a time when another team, like or loath them, were in potential danger.

The difference is Greg Florimo answered a journo's question about expansion/the bid and told of things that CCBEARS had already achieved.

While Craig Davison makes statements to journo's about how his bid is already in and what union stars and coaches they are definitely going to get or how much money his bid will get from sponsors before any of it is actually achieved. Then when it falls short, he looks like a numbnut.
I think its statement rather than statements. And nowhere did he say anything about players/coaches he was definitely going to get. he suggested a wishlist of players and coaches and gave an estimate of the sponsorship potential of the bid.

applesauce

Bench
You mean they are doing their job? Would you rather this publicity, one of possibilities or just bogan RL players getting caught for drunk driving? It is not insecurity, it is confidence. The insecurity is found in those CLEARLY intimidated by BRIS2's building profile.

My post was in refernce to BDGS and the Centrel Coasts insecurities. The bid teamcan't help the CM want to write an article on them every day. It is obviously making them money so they like the idea and they questions they ask are leading to more stories "Would you get SBW?" "We would never say never", then they write an article on how BNE2 want to "head hunt" SBW haha.

Then the CC Bears fans call it arrogance....:roll:

My post was in refernce to BDGS and the Centrel Coasts insecurities. The bid teamcan't help the CM want to write an article on them every day. It is obviously making them money so they like the idea and they questions they ask are leading to more stories "Would you get SBW?" "We would never say never", then they write an article on how BNE2 want to "head hunt" SBW haha.

Then the CC Bears fans call it arrogance....:roll:

Exactly.. the CCBEARS FANS, key word FANS.

People need to seperate FANS from MANAGEMENT. Where as CQNRL, Ipswich Jets & BNE 2. It's been their MANAGEMENT who have made the statements in regards to other bids.

MANAGEMENT = professional business men.
FANS = followers, supporters and game goers.

FMD, are people seriously saying the bid team shouldn't talk up their bid?

Is RL now so backward in coming forward that this is frowned upon?

Of course these blokes say Brisbane is a better option that other bids. Why wouldn't they? Apart from the fact any genius can see they are right, if they aren't going to push their bid then who is?

FMD, are people seriously saying the bid team shouldn't talk up their bid?

Is RL now so backward in coming forward that this is frowned upon?

Of course these blokes say Brisbane is a better option that other bids. Why wouldn't they? Apart from the fact any genius can see they are right, if they aren't going to push their bid then who is?

It's not about that at all. You completely missed the point. It's about bids aiming shots at other bids. My point is that from a CCBEARS point of views, it's been the fans not the managerial side of things. From other bids, it has been their management.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
It's not about that at all. You completely missed the point. It's about bids aiming shots at other bids. My point is that from a CCBEARS point of views, it's been the fans not the managerial side of things. From other bids, it has been their management.
Where has any other bid had a shot at the bears?

applesauce

Bench
Your MANAGMENT were waiting in the wings for the Storm to collapse and made that public knowledge. I hardly call that taking the high road.

No-one here feels the need to point it out until you attack anything similar the BNE bid have said...