What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane2 Bid News

Which Brisbane2 Team Name?

• Total voters

Goddo

Bench
So you onced claimed that because the CC bid is the most advanced now that it doesn't mean anything for later.. however now the CC bid is weak in your opinion? Well if they're weak, what does that make the other bids? No hope? Pathetic? Dead in the water? If you don't believe the CC should be the next team in that is your opinion. However to call the bid weak? Well that just shows you will stoop to any level to undermine the bid itself. You know the bid isn't weak. Do I REALLY have to mention everything about the bid again just for you?
:lol:

LOL it isn't hard to get you to bite.

Unfortunately for Bears fans, there is more to being a winning bid than $50 memberships. Your bid has to add to the overall value of the game through TV rights and advertising.

Your bid has offered up nothing in this regard - just a lame claim to the Sydney metro numbers (where there are already 9 sides fighting for 3 or so TV slots per week), or a claim to regional NSW TV figures, where people will watch regardless of the existance of the Bears.

You weigh a polished (yet still not good enough, $6.5m sponsorship is still $1m short of the minimum, and $50 non-ticketed memberships aren't worth much) CC bid against a semi-polished (ie stadium, sponsors and business plan) Perth or Brisbane metro bid and it doesn't stand a chance. Thanks for playing though.

Next time around with expansion you will still have the same problem, except you will be competing with Wellington annd maybe a 5th Qld side.

Version 6

Staff member
If the Bears miss out this time, it isn't the end for them.

They will be ready willing and able to replace the Sharks, when they die.

:lol:

LOL it isn't hard to get you to bite.

Unfortunately for Bears fans, there is more to being a winning bid than $50 memberships. Your bid has to add to the overall value of the game through TV rights and advertising.

Your bid has offered up nothing in this regard - just a lame claim to the Sydney metro numbers (where there are already 9 sides fighting for 3 or so TV slots per week), or a claim to regional NSW TV figures, where people will watch regardless of the existance of the Bears.

You weigh a polished (yet still not good enough, $6.5m sponsorship is still $1m short of the minimum, and $50 non-ticketed memberships aren't worth much) CC bid against a semi-polished (ie stadium, sponsors and business plan) Perth or Brisbane metro bid and it doesn't stand a chance. Thanks for playing though.

Next time around with expansion you will still have the same problem, except you will be competing with Wellington annd maybe a 5th Qld side.

If anything mate LoL @ you for once again failing to read things properly and only reading what you wanted to read.

red&blackbear said:
Our major sponsors now are worth a combined value of $6.5m/p.a. That's before we get into equity or into private shares or into the revenue obtained from merchandise/memberships or the grants given by Labour or the $3.5m from Liberals for the land acquisition to build the Center of Excellence.

Missed much?

Goddo said:

People already watch footy in QLD too regardless. Only places where TV revenue will experience potential growth is W.A. & N.Z. It's a void argument. We'll sell advertising space and have already brought in new sponsors.

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
how do you know what i think, if you guys had proof of your claims, instead of just throwing stuff out there, and hope we will swallow it and not question it, i would say good on you

there has been many times on the forums where i have been proven wrong, and i have asked for ice cream with my humble pie

we get it, you have sponsors coming out your ears, well done

Well, buddy, I have never been wrong on this forum - so I will let you benefit from my knowledge.

If there is any club that has the right to rejoin the NRL oin teh back of another club falling over - it's the Bears. However, having endured what we endured, I wouldn't want to see that happen.

What is annoying is when posturing gestational bids try to deathride the CC Bears bid when they have nothing behind them but hot air and self-promoting types (like Michael Searle).

Anyone knowing what transipred in the last 11 years who derides the CC Bears bid is nothing short of a complete arsehole.

Remember - there is a faction at Manly (Jabba is one of them) that want Gosford Stadium for themselves.

clarency

Juniors
People already watch footy in QLD too regardless. Only places where TV revenue will experience potential growth is W.A. & N.Z. It's a void argument. We'll sell advertising space and have already brought in new sponsors.

I touched on this point a bit before. Brisbane is a one team city. By introducing a second team it introduces one home match a week. This is a great increase in their access to NRL which is something that is needed up there unlike NSW (see thread of Sydney-siders complaining that there is no match in Sydney on Saturday...). Brisbane is just as passionate about the game and gets the smallest of fractions of games that Sydney/NSW does.

Another point is that the more QLD sides that exist, the more likely it is that we'll keep QLD'ers watching come the finals (assuming the second QLD side makes the finals). With the current set up, if the Broncos don't make the finals we can expect a dramatic drop in viewers in Brisbane. If a second team exists and they make it we should see this drop minimised.

BDGS

Bench
Brisbane fans just all turn into Titans fans if the Broncos don't make the finals. See what happened in 2010.

smithie

Juniors
Brisbane fans just all turn into Titans fans if the Broncos don't make the finals. See what happened in 2010.

44,783 at Suncorp for an NRL game not involving the Broncos. Clearly a second team is needed in Brisbane.

Well, buddy, I have never been wrong on this forum - so I will let you benefit from my knowledge.

If there is any club that has the right to rejoin the NRL oin teh back of another club falling over - it's the Bears. However, having endured what we endured, I wouldn't want to see that happen.

What is annoying is when posturing gestational bids try to deathride the CC Bears bid when they have nothing behind them but hot air and self-promoting types (like Michael Searle).

Anyone knowing what transipred in the last 11 years who derides the CC Bears bid is nothing short of a complete arsehole.

Remember - there is a faction at Manly (Jabba is one of them) that want Gosford Stadium for themselves.

why would we want gosford stadium, we have been there and done that with the JV and it did not work, and we are fighting with the local council to get them to spend the grant money they recieved from the government on Brookvale and it has been said on here a few times that the bears hold the lease for gosford stadium, so we have got no chance

BDGS

Bench
Got any proof of this?

depends what you call "proof".

Did you live under a rock last year or just wasn't a league supporter way back then. SEQ was fully behind the Titans winning because "better them then some NSW team", i also know many Broncos fans that are Titans fans when the Titans are going better off, in fact they will also tune in to support the cowboys!

If you define "proof" by having a link to a news story, then no i don't have that.

I thought SEQ had 8 teams, 2 NRL teams and 6 QRL teams?
WTF are you on about now? What do "QRL teams" have to do with anything? I think you'll find there's hundreds of "QRL teams" in SEQ. Just as there are hundreds of NSWRL teams in Sydney and hundreds of CRL teams in NSW Country.

BDGS

Bench
Are you being serious?

Going by this logic, NSW have 19 teams :crazy:

The difference is i have never seen/heard anybody in NSW refer to the NSW cup as "First grade' but when you talk to a lot of QLD cup supporters/fans/officials/players they feel that the Q cup is "first grade" or the 'big time".

Can't have it both ways QLDers.

Nonsense. A complete fabrication. Never ever ever heard anyone try to suggest the Qld Cup is somehow equivalent to the NRL, or used the phrase "big time". Every competition in Australia refers to its highest senior league as "first grade". For a handful of Brisbane clubs their first grade is the Qld Cup. For others it might be the Brisbane Second Division Northside 2.

BDGS

Bench
Nonsense. A complete fabrication. Never ever ever heard anyone try to suggest the Qld Cup is somehow equivalent to the NRL, or used the phrase "big time". Every competition in Australia refers to its highest senior league as "first grade". For a handful of Brisbane clubs their first grade is the Qld Cup. For others it might be the Brisbane Second Division Northside 2.

Perhaps you should get out more, i spend most of my time in NSW but still meet many parents and kids that make the QLD cup and in their opinion have made the big time. The Q cup also has players in the comp that have no goal of making the NRL at all unlike its NSW counterpart.

but if you guys didn't know i was being a smartarse and not being serious, there are some problems there.