What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broken Collarbone

Danish

Referee
I dont normally post in here.... but its 2am, I am doped am doped up on a cocktail of painkillers and can't sleep because essentially I can't even lie down without causing immense pain.

I broke my collarbone on xmas day after a ripstick incident. For those that don't know, a ripstick looks like this:

ripstick1.jpg

I broke the bone in 2 places. X ray below:

n600478184_1754915_9937.jpg

Orthopedic surgeon thought i had been in a motorcycle accident. Estimated that I must have been going at least 40km/h to snap it that bad.

Best of all I fell down the steps of our apartment block tonight and the bone shifted around big time.

Now, since I have had my cry, anyone else done this injury?? If so, how did you manage to sleep? I have probably slept 20 hours since the accident. It is killing me.

Frederick

Staff member
I've broken my collarbone before. But I was 5 at the time. I was running through the house, tripped over the dog and went flying into the arm of the couch...good times, good times :)

roopy

Referee
Have you tried sleeping in a reclining chair?
I had to do that when i cracked a rib a few years ago.
I used one of those inflatable travel pillows that go around your neck - but that might not be an option for you.

Danish

Referee
actually my fiance's mother is currently tossing out a lazy boy, so i'll get it brought around here and give that a go.

I managed 2 hours sleep this morning by building myself a little retaining pillow wall on the couch to keep me upright, so a recliner sounds a great idea

AILD

Bench
i broke my finger once.

but your injury is probably a little more painful.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
thats a pretty bad break

I broke mine getting spear tackled in Darwin League, playing for Nightcliff RLC

shoulder hit the ground first and everyone heard it snap

Stained_Class

Juniors
Saw my 10 year old nephew riding his on Xmas day and I had similar visions to your xray. Damn that looks painful. Sorry, I can't give you any advice, but I hope you heal soon and with little trouble.

Spike

First Grade
Broke mine among other bones going over the bonnet of a car that pulled out of side street whilst I was on my motorbike. Broke three ribs which didn't make my collarbone seem so painful. At least with a collarbone, you can immobilise it with a sling.

Monk

Referee
walk it off danish.

ive never broken a bone.. or got a bee/wasp sting... come to think of it ive never even left this basement... :sarcasm:

Raider_69

Post Whore
take a cement pill and harden the f**k up

on a serious note, a good mate of mine did something similar and he swears by the reclining chair

God-King Dean

Immortal
And I thought mine was bad. :lol:

Mates, it f**king sucks. For the first month your arm can hardly leave it's side. If you were to lift it any further than 45 degrees from your body it would cause furthur damage. Sleeping is a pain in the arse since you can only sleep on your back.

StormChaser

First Grade
You need to buy some calcium tablets, and as others have mentioned, keep it as still as possible. I remember my brother broke his colarbone playing footy and it took nearly three months for him to recover properly. A recliner is a great idea, and dose yourself up on heaps of pain killers.

Latest posts