What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bronco accused of rape

taxidriver

Coach
http://www.smh.com.au/news/Sport/Broncos-dump-player-after-rape-charge/2005/06/03/1117568360138.html?oneclick=true

Broncos dump player after rape charge
June 3, 2005 - 1:55PM

A member of the Brisbane Broncos development squad has been stood down by the National Rugby League club after police charged him with rape.

The charge follows an investigation by police after a 32-year-old woman alleged she was raped in the aftermath of last month's State of Origin match in Brisbane.

The player, who plays for the Broncos' feeder club Toowoomba in the Queensland Cup, appeared before Brisbane Magistrates' Court on Friday after a warrant was issued on Thursday.

He was granted bail and will re-appear at a later date. He plans to defend the charge.

Broncos managing director Bruno Cullen distanced the club from the allegations.

"I want to stress that, as far as I am aware, there are no allegations or complaints of any misconduct against any of the 30 players in the Broncos NRL Squad," Mr Cullen said in a statement.

"We have co-operated fully with the police on this matter. To this end, it would not be prudent for me or anyone else on behalf of this club to make any further comment until all inquiries are finalised by the police.

AdvertisementAdvertisement
"Like everyone else, we want to see the matter investigated fully and properly.

"In the best interests of all concerned the player has been stood down until the finalisation of the matter.

"The player has advised us that he will strongly defend the charge.

"I can assure everyone that on numerous occasions the club has ensured that Broncos players are reminded of the importance of proper social behaviour.

"This club has a positive reputation in the community and we work extremely hard to maintain that reputation."

taxidriver

Coach
Not the kind of stories we need

hope it's not true and if it is, sympathy for the lady involved.

Mr Saab

Referee
there is more to this story than what was reported here.

Its NOT that player mentioned Red and Blue Knight. He was involved, but is innocent in all this.

The Colonel

Immortal
Just remember speculation will be deleted. Continue after it has been and you'll enjoy a holiday.

Paullyboy

Coach
This came out in the Courier Mail a while back.

What happened is the woman agreed to go back to (i wont name names then so this doesnt get deleted) a bronco players house after origin 1 and they had consentual sex. The bronco player then left the room and his room-mate came in (who is in no way associated with rugby league) and tried to have sex with the girl on the same bed. She stopped it before it got anywhere as soon as she realised that it was someone else.

The Bronco player has nothing to worry about, its his mate who is in trouble - irregardless of what the NSW media tell you.

Mr Saab

Referee
white pointer! said:
one question does anyone know who this is.

even if the name WAS allowed to be posted you wouldnt have a clue who he is anway so its pointless...he is in the bronco development squad, not the 1st grade squad

Razor

Coach
This came out in the Courier Mail a while back.

What happened is the woman agreed to go back to (i wont name names then so this doesnt get deleted) a bronco players house after origin 1 and they had consentual sex. The bronco player then left the room and his room-mate came in (who is in no way associated with rugby league) and tried to have sex with the girl on the same bed. She stopped it before it got anywhere as soon as she realised that it was someone else.

The Bronco player has nothing to worry about, its his mate who is in trouble - irregardless of what the NSW media tell you.

This is a different incident

melon....

Coach
Why isnt this on the front page of the Telecrap?

If it was the Dogs or Roosters, thats all youd be reading today...

Mr Saab

Referee
melon.... said:

because he is an unknown player..People dont want to read about someone they have no idea about.
Was Crocker on the front page when he was CHARGED with affray? i dont think so. He has a 20 line story about him in the roostergraph.

The Colonel

Immortal
melon.... said:

The story was only released at about 1.30 or thereabouts. I'd say it will be a little more prominent in the morning once they've done some "investigation".

Paullyboy

Coach
Razor said:
This is a different incident

That was my first assumption, But im not so sure anymore.

I think its just the same story being recylced by poor journalism.

There are too many similarities for it to be anything else.

Simo

First Grade
I believe your right Paulyboy, from what I understand the bloke who jumped into (can we say his name now that its been reported?)'s bed has been charged.

So I think it is the same incident its just now he has been officially charged and turned out to be a lower grade player not just a mate.

The Colonel

Immortal
Has it been announced that the player has been officially charged? All reports I have seen today say a player has been stood down and no one has been mentioned. Until such time as this changes we can't name any names.

Simo

First Grade
The Colonel said:
Has it been announced that the player has been officially charged? All reports I have seen today say a player has been stood down and no one has been mentioned. Until such time as this changes we can't name any names.

Courtesy of this thread:
http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=109402

Player dumped after rape charge

June 3, 2005

A MEMBER of the Brisbane Broncos development squad has been stood down by the National Rugby League club after police charged him with rape.

The charge follows an investigation by police after a 32-year-old woman alleged she was raped in the aftermath of last month's State of Origin match in Brisbane.

The player, who plays for the Broncos' feeder club Toowoomba in the Queensland Cup, appeared before Brisbane Magistrates' Court today after a warrant was issued yesterday.

He was granted bail and will re-appear at a later date. He plans to defend the charge.

Broncos managing director Bruno Cullen distanced the club from the allegations.

More at: http://dailytelegraph.news.com.au/s...storyid=3227556

girvie

Staff member
It will be easy to work out who the player is by seeing who is missing from Toowoomba's line up.