What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

broncos 3 2 1s

Valheru

Coach
Always hate losing to these guys but i still don't think much damage has been done. People are writing us off now which is lovely but we are still in 2nd spot and a dragons, sharks or souths loss away from securing top 4 before we play next week. Our form is indifferent at the moment but no worse than storm/souths. I expect from next week we will get stuck right in again and importantly we have fit squad at this point in time.

One thing the last 2 games does reiterate to me though is the importance of JWH. He must be close to our most important player. SST always puts in but isn't a pack leader and i think at this stage we must be close to giving up on Napa, he is deadset living off one good performance in 2016 and that is without even mentioning his technique issues.

Other notes on current form. Keary looked rusty but that is expected, tupou was woeful and we have to start getting more ball to latrell, it really isn't that hard. Manu was magnificent as was teddy. Cronk is a conundrum, he was woeful yesterday but we recruited him to win the big games so his test is still to come.

Us being on the wrong side of refereeing consistency continues. How they missed that shepherd before latrell being binned i will never know.

Finally, on Napa technique, this leading with the head rubbish, is exactly that. Every single player has their head forward when tackling. The issue with Napa is that he is using the wrong shoulder. Yesterday the Broncos player was to the right of him and he tried to use his left shoulder, a recipee for disaster, had he used his right should it would have been a good hit with his head to the side of the player.

3 manu
2 teddy
1 fergo

Headless Chook

Juniors
Always hate losing to these guys but i still don't think much damage has been done. People are writing us off now which is lovely but we are still in 2nd spot and a dragons, sharks or souths loss away from securing top 4 before we play next week. Our form is indifferent at the moment but no worse than storm/souths. I expect from next week we will get stuck right in again and importantly we have fit squad at this point in time.

One thing the last 2 games does reiterate to me though is the importance of JWH. He must be close to our most important player. SST always puts in but isn't a pack leader and i think at this stage we must be close to giving up on Napa, he is deadset living off one good performance in 2016 and that is without even mentioning his technique issues.

Other notes on current form. Keary looked rusty but that is expected, tupou was woeful and we have to start getting more ball to latrell, it really isn't that hard. Manu was magnificent as was teddy. Cronk is a conundrum, he was woeful yesterday but we recruited him to win the big games so his test is still to come.

Us being on the wrong side of refereeing consistency continues. How they missed that shepherd before latrell being binned i will never know.

Finally, on Napa technique, this leading with the head rubbish, is exactly that. Every single player has their head forward when tackling. The issue with Napa is that he is using the wrong shoulder. Yesterday the Broncos player was to the right of him and he tried to use his left shoulder, a recipee for disaster, had he used his right should it would have been a good hit with his head to the side of the player.

3 manu
2 teddy
1 fergo
Hard to disagree with anything there.

Napa can pack his bags and he can take Toupo with him. Both liabilities, for different reasons.

Can someone check on Latrell’s welfare to make sure he didn’t catch a cold.

3. Teddy. Tried to break the game open all night.

2. Manu. Same

1. Fergs. Very good once again.

Valheru

Coach
Top 4 spot sealed

No spots on the ladder lost during this form dip.

Good place to be in.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Question: why do we often save our worst performances for night time games at the SFS? It concerns me greatly for a Prelim.

Given this I honestly would prefer a wk 1 match up down in Melbourne against a busted Storm team missing Chambers and NAS. No one would give us a chance and I reckon we'd thrive in the dry conditions.

As for the loss, again I'm not overly worried about the team. Tupou, yes. He terrifies me. But as a team this is all following a familiar pattern.

Roosters 2 straight losses. Souffs 3 straight losses. Everyone talking up Broncos and Warriors. Yeah I'm not fooled let's see what happens when the finals play out.

I just feel as though we're holding back and tapering for the big games. Perhaps Robbo has learned from 2014 and 2015. Maybe the Coach Whisperer dude has played a role with the psychology. Go into the finals under the radar.

It's either that or we'll go full genius again!

3. Teddy
2. Manu
1. Cordner

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
3.Teddy
2. Manu
1 Cordner

On the Game overall i thought the Broncs looked like a team that needed to win to cement a finals spot and we looked like a team waiting for the regular season to end. In saying that Broncs opportunities only really came off the back to our errors and that's something we need to cut out before finals time or well be proper f**ked.

Other thought/observations

If Napa had a brain cell it would be lonely. We are really missing JWH as a pack leader as Napa's not fit to carry his speedos.

3 kicks from Jake Friend is at least 2 kicks too many.. Actually scrap that 3 kicks too many.

Robbo need to do something with Toops to get him switched on and engaged to start the game.. i think he's memory is a bit too long as well in that he'll often compound 1 error with 2 or 3 more and then his confidence is just shot. Bottom Line the loose carry coming out of our own end combined with the pathetic miss on Osako and the interference on Teddy are all mistakes he should not be making, More importantly come finals time they are mistakes that will cost a shot at the comp. At least when Fergo f**ks up hes forgotten about it 2 seconds later and comes back to make up for it.

Latest posts