What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos 3 2 1s

Valheru

Coach
I went in to this game not caring how we did it... given our outs I was willing to take a win of any description. Job done and we will either finish the round in the top 4 or 3 points clear of manly

The non sin bin was atrocious

3 teddy
2 liu
1 Keighran

Tough to leave SST out but Keighran is coming along nicely and was clutch with the boot.

All eyes on parra/manly now. I actually think a parra win is more beneficial to us in the long term albeit we would be 5th at end of this round. Ideally us and parra would finish 4/5 in any order you like so we play them week 2 instead of manly whom I think will roll us with all our outs.

Teddy, too many stats to mention and inspirational leader.
Best game in a while from SST and the set up run for Teddy when all looked lost is a memory I’ll treasure for some time. Massive runs from Liu all night. We’re gonna miss the big fella next year. Sitilli looked dangerous with ball as did Rads but also a bit rocks and diamonds from him last night. Is it too soon to announce we finally have a reliable goal kicker? Anyway, the worries for me out of the game was the many yards the Broncos made on us even with our outs and what’s becoming the norm, our handling errors. Too many opportunities blown which kept the Broncos in the contest and now the final minute will become the narrative of this game. It is a shitty way to lose, I’ll admit. Anyway, more outs to ponder next week with Rads sure to get a holiday with his record plus SST’s high shot given he took a fine last week?

3. Teddy
2. SST
1. Liu

3 points: James Tedesco. What can you say about him that hasn't been said.

2 points: Siosiua Taukeiaho. 17 runs for 178 meters (66 post contact), 27 tackles, 1 line break, 1 try assist. Commentators spent allk game pumping up Payne Hass' tyres, but SST and Isaac both out performed him in my book.

1 point: Isaac Lui. 19 runs for 192 meters (77 post contact), 25 tackles, 1 line break. A great all round performance. He will be missed in 2022.

Headless Chook

Juniors
3. Teddy (best use of the bunker all year, giving us the chance to secure the win)
2. Liu
1. Keighran (great to have a reliable boot again)

well we got the two points but at a cost with a few suspensions likely. We have been treading water pretty much all year but I fear the sharks are now circling and it’s only a matter of time before we go under.

Aside from the broncos loss earlier in the season, we’ve beaten all sides currently below us on the ladder but haven’t won any games against those in front of us. That’s not surprising and is not a criticism considering we have been busted all season but whatever happens now it’s been one gusty effort by the club to be anywhere near finals contention. Those who say we have no soul are talking out of their arses.

On to next week.

Valheru

Coach
3. Teddy (best use of the bunker all year, giving us the chance to secure the win)
2. Liu
1. Keighran (great to have a reliable boot again)

well we got the two points but at a cost with a few suspensions likely. We have been treading water pretty much all year but I fear the sharks are now circling and it’s only a matter of time before we go under.

Aside from the broncos loss earlier in the season, we’ve beaten all sides currently below us on the ladder but haven’t won any games against those in front of us. That’s not surprising and is not a criticism considering we have been busted all season but whatever happens now it’s been one gusty effort by the club to be anywhere near finals contention. Those who say we have no soul are talking out of their arses.

On to next week.

Our destiny looks to be a week 2 finals loss to manly regardless of the exact order of 4/5 on the ladder IMO which I would be completely happy with.

That would be an epic effort. I do hope we make top 4 as I reckon that would be the clubs 2nd greatest achievement under robbo after back 2 back.

Regardless of what happens from here we are in a position for a genuine assault on the premiership in 2022 and 2023.

H.H

Juniors
3 - Ted
2 - Liu
1 - SST

I still think Ted is overplaying his hand at the moment, but then what choice does he have? Young Walker is struggling and that's no knock on him - massive ask and he's done tremendously well overall. Thought Keighran was great too.

1 Ted
2. Isaac
3. Keighran

I am so happy that Adam is finally in the regular side. His value from goal kicking more than outweighs any actual or perceived limitations in his play in my view. I hope that we can hang on to him for some time to come.

I have only just recovered from a severe case of heart in mouth!