What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos 3 2 1s

Valheru

Coach
I think everyone was hoping for the roosters to continue their form against the cowboys and really turn the screws against a Broncos team that was awful the previous 2 weeks. We won by 4 in a very entertaining game and I am quite happy with the performance. Brisbane turned up to play and were sensational IMO.

The other team is allowed to turn up and play well despite their position on the ladder and we found ourselves 10-0 down at half time without doing much wrong IMO. Ball control was good and our defence was fine with the exception of when Staggs had the ball who was at his brilliant best. We could have had a try or 2 ourselves with both Nat and Sitilli dropping it over the line.

I was pleased to see us hang in there and come out in the 2nd half where we were really a 20 point better team than them despite the scoreboard where their 2 tries that half were off kicks with the 2nd being an unfortunate bounce for poor old Kevin. Of course there is not enough that can be said about Manu who took it upon himself to get us over the line but Walker also come up with 2 key plays and I though Crighton finally woke up for the season and really started to turn momentum in the first half when he came on.

I like what Robbo said in the press conference. He sad we are below the best teams at the moment but improving each month and it is our job to surpass them by end of season.

Overall it was pleasing to see the game not go how I am sure most of them thought it would go but they hung in there and found a way when I believe Brisbane would have beaten at least 10 other teams on that specific night. I am not sure if Brisbane will play that well again all year.

3 Joey
2 Angus
1 Walker

We need to continue the momentum now over the next month when we play:

Warriors
@ Dragons (SCG)
@ Bulldogs
Titans (Mackay)

Definitely need at minimum 3 of those 4 IMO because the next 7 after that leading to our bye is brutal and will really force us to run the gauntlet:

Eels (Magic Round)
Panthers
@ Sharks
@ Raiders (No origin players)
Storm
@ Eels
@ Panthers

We really need to be in a position to drop 4 of those (ideally of course we would win more than that) and still have a chance at top 4 before the draw softens out again thereafter.