What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos All-Stars Team Nominations

Big Pete

Referee
In a desperate bid to get some activity on this board I've decided to run polls to decide what us LU Broncos fans decide as our All-Star Team. This topic is dedicated to nominating players in their position, I'll start.

1. Fullback
Darren Lockyer, Julian O'Neil, Karmichael Hunt, Colin Scott, Paul Hauff, Tony Currie, Peter Jackson
2/5. Wingers
Wendell Sailor, Lote Tuqiri, Michael Hancock, Willie Carne, Michael De Vere
3/4 Centres
Shaun Berrigan, Brent Tate, Justin Hodges, Steve Renouf, Chris Johns, Gene Miles, Michael De Vere, Chris Walker, Tonie Carroll, Darren Smith
6. Five Eighth
Wally Lewis, Kevin Walters, Darren Lockyer, Ben Ikin
7. Halfback
Allen Langer, Shaun Berrigan, Scott Prince, Kevin Walters, Brett Seymour, Gary French
8/10 Props
Greg Dowling, Petero Civoniceiva, Andrew Gee, Shane Webcke, Glenn Lazarus, Gavin Allen, Brien Niebling
9. Hooker
Barry Berrigan, Kerrod Walters, John Plath, Phillip Lee, Luke Priddis, Greg Conescu
11/12 Second Rowers
Gorden Tallis, Brad Thorn, Peter Jackson, Brad Meyers, Dane Carlaw, Trevor Gillmeister, Alan Cann, Gene Miles, Brien Niebling
13. Locks
Terry Matterson, Tonie Carroll, Brad Meyers, Trevor Gillmeister, Kevin Campion, Darren Smith

If you wish to nominate another player in any of those postions, just reply to the topic and nominate them.

A Captain and Goal Kicker Poll will also be done.

Fullback Poll will start on Thursday and polling will be finished of Wednesday next week.

gcbronco

Juniors
I think Paul Hauff should be at fullback and Kevin Campion at lock as options, they may not necessary be the likely winners for those positions but they both contributed to the Broncos succss when they played and deserve to be there, Miles spent a fair amount of time in the 2nd row as well so perhaps he should be added to the 2nd row as well?

Big Pete

Referee
Yep, shall add those, thanks for the nominations.

What I am thinking of doing is a 3 point system for every position.

If say Tonie Carroll (as if he would) won both positions then he'd be in the position that he got the most points from.

To decide the position that you have to have two players play (eg. Props, Wingers) the two players that rank in the most points shall be in that position.

JW

Coach
How about adding Mundine to the centres? [/sarcasm].

Nah, I think there's a good selection on nominees there and I can't think of any more at the moment that could sit amongst that group of players.

Cheers.

lockyno1

Post Whore
WTF is Chris Walker doing there at all!

My side would be

Lockyer
Sailor
Hancock
Renouf
DeVere
Lewis
langer
Webcke
Walters
Lazarus
Tallis
Miles
Gillmeister

JW

Coach
Not sure of the forwards, but at this stage i'd have a backline consisting of:

1. Lockyer
2. Sailor
3. Renouf
4. DeVere
5. Hancock
6. Lewis or Walters
7. Langer

Cheers.

Big Pete

Referee
Walker was just there as I wanted to nominate as many centres as I could. :p

Also save your votes till later.

BTW where did Hohn Play?

salivor

First Grade
As much as DeVere was always my favourite Bronco when he was at the club, I'd have Smith ahead of him in the centres if for nothing else but the 98 season alone when he was sensational.

bender

Juniors
Big Pete said:
In a desperate bid to get some activity on this board I've decided to run polls to decide what us LU Broncos fans decide as our All-Star Team. This topic is dedicated to nominating players in their position, I'll start.

1. Fullback
Darren Lockyer, Julian O'Neil, Karmichael Hunt, Colin Scott, Paul Hauff
2/5. Wingers
Wendell Sailor, Lote Tuqiri, Michael Hancock, Willie Carne, Michael De Vere
3/4 Centres
Shaun Berrigan, Brent Tate, Justin Hodges, Steve Renouf, Chris Johns, Gene Miles, Michael De Vere, Chris Walker, Tonie Carroll, Darren Smith
6. Five Eighth
Wally Lewis, Kevin Walters, Darren Lockyer, Ben Ikin
7. Halfback
Allen Langer, Shaun Berrigan, Scott Prince, Kevin Walters, Brett Seymour
8/10 Props
Greg Dowling, Petero Civoniceiva, Andrew Gee, Shane Webcke, Glenn Lazarus, Gavin Allen
9. Hooker
Barry Berrigan, Kerrod Walters, John Plath, Phillip Lee, Luke Priddis
11/12 Second Rowers
Gorden Tallis, Brad Thorn, Peter Jackson, Brad Meyers, Dane Carlaw, Trevor Gillmeister, Alan Cann, Gene Miles
13. Locks
Terry Matterson, Tonie Carroll, Brad Meyers, Trevor Gillmeister, Kevin Campion, Darren Smith

If you wish to nominate another player in any of those postions, just reply to the topic and nominate them.

A Captain and Goal Kicker Poll will also be done.

Fullback Poll will start on Thursday and polling will be finished of Wednesday next week.

You missed Peter Jackson and the real TC Tony Currie at fullback. Also, Gary French actually forced Allan Langer out of the side for a while in the first year so he deserves a chance. Other notable admissions were Brian Niebling - Prop and Second Row, and Greg Conescu who was the best hooker to play for the club, before aging and being controversially replaced by Walters.

Mr Saab

Referee
salivor said:
As much as DeVere was always my favourite Bronco when he was at the club, I'd have Smith ahead of him in the centres if for nothing else but the 98 season alone when he was sensational.

completely agree....he killed it in 1998, but he also played well in his 1st stint at the broncos (1995-1998)