What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos finished for 07 ?

lockyno1

Post Whore
Yep, and it is a whole different comp in the finals. All the sides in the 8 could easily win it. I am liking the Warriors to win it though, they just seem to be doing what Brisbane did last year- form and no injuries at the right end of the year.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I'm keen to see how we go, actually - I'm praying that Fui is fit. It will be his first Finals appearance, and with the form he's displaying, it could be interesting.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Yep, depends on how Burt comes back as well with the Eels. As good as Inu is, Burt is more value. And Hayne has been extremely average at FB from what I expected as well. It may just be me, but he seems to be not confident at all whilst playing FB. You have the pack, right blend and the halves are fine with Finch adding some mongrel to the side and your backs are as good as anyone's.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Have to agree there - Hayne is still finding his feet at fullback.

And the big difference between Inu and Burt is Burt's kicking - both goal-kicking and general play kicking. Needless to say, Burt is the Eels' leading 40/20 kicker...

But back on topic - the Broncos are too good to be out yet.

lockyno1

Post Whore
I hope we get some troops back soon. We do have winnable games against the Raiders and the Dogs to come. If we win those 2 games, we'll make the 8.

I agree with Hayne and Burt. Completely different fullbacks, but Burt suits Parra's play better currently.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Once you get some of your blokes back, it's a different ball game for you guys. You get your confidence up, get the 2 points, get even more troops back later...It's a scary prospect!

lockyno1

Post Whore
The only ones we will get back are Carroll (1 week), Hunt (1-2) and possibly Stagg although I have no idea on his injury. Hunt is the main one as he has genuine playmaking ability.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Yep, and I'd be tempted to put Hunt at halfback or 5/8. We need some flair in the halves.

Eelementary

Post Whore
That'd do the trick - because you can easily slot Hodges in at fullback and he will not disappoint.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Which would work as well - then you can leave Hodges in the centre to wreak havoc there.

Man, you guys have some options for sure.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Yep, I just can't see many points in Perry/Carroll in the halves. By all mean have one of them there, but not both! They are not creative, one is a ballrunner, and one is just plain crap! Might as well put Hunt in the halves with Carroll beside him at 5/8.

lockyno1

Post Whore
I would assume so but even though he got injured at training Hunt was still named at FB for the eels game. I honestly have no idea. In my side he'd be my halfback with Carroll at 5/8. Carroll is doing fine at 5/8, no need to change that.

Latest posts