What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos in train on squad

Petero Civoniceva
Darren Lockyer
Justin Hodges
Brent Tate

no berrigan, thorn or carroll which im surprised by. also Orford wasnt named and nor was slater, only matt king for storm

Big Pete

Referee
Yeah those should be the only players mentioned IMO.

Darren Lockyer and Petero Civoniceiva will be the only certainties while Tate will be an outside chance and Hodges will probably stay here and Brisbane and rest his injuries.

parra pete

Referee
Brent Tate...The selectors have to be joking...:lol:
He and Minto were a liability for the Broncos against the Tigers. I felt so sorry for Webke who, as usual, tried his slot off.

Big Pete

Referee
Tate a liability?

You gotta be joking he was one of our best players, if his winger had of gotten into better positions we may have scored a few tries.

Though I agree Webcke played his heart out.

Pistol

Coach
I think the fact that Tate got picked despite missing a good part of the year with injury is indicative of his form despite being hampered by that neck of his. He is always in the frame of selectors and he will push hard for a spot in the Aussie team.

Big Pete

Referee
Though I don't think he should get in with the likes of Gasnier and Cooper I still think he deserves recognition.

The only other thing going for Tate is his combonation with Lockyer.

Mr Saab

Referee
i am glad brisbane dont have many in the team.
Lockyer and Petero should be the only ones that makes it.
Tate might have too much competition with a few other quality centres still playing in the finals

Pistol

Coach
I wouldnt have Cooper in the Aussie side. If Tate or Hodges arent there, I would much rather have Matty King in the centres with Ferret on the wing.

jimmy_pop

Juniors
parra pete said:
Brent Tate...The selectors have to be joking...:lol:
He and Minto were a liability for the Broncos against the Tigers. I felt so sorry for Webke who, as usual, tried his slot off.

OI f**kHEAD! YOU DON'T HAVE A SAY IN THIS FORUM

SO f**k OFF!

f**kING PARRAPOOF BASTARD ASSHOLE merkin!

parra pete

Referee
Big Pete said:
Tate a liability?

You gotta be joking he was one of our best players, if his winger had of gotten into better positions we may have scored a few tries.

Though I agree Webcke played his heart out.

If Tate was one of your best that's how poorly the Bronks played!!!! and if your aunty had balls she'd be your uncle
Shane Webke ----thumbs up for his usual whole hearted effort. That guy is amazing.
The Broncos need a real good clean out and a rethink of their style. It is 2005 not 1993. Their play is so predictable..Maybe it is time for Benny to move on. He is one of the greats but you can't stay on forever. Same as Kevin Sheedy with Essendon. Both have been trend setters, both have been innovators, but it is a young mans game now, played by young men. Those who adapt best are the ones likely to challenge for the title.
Things go in ebbs and flows. The Broncos are on the start of a downward spiral. I'll be surprised if they make the 8 in 2006 if they don't make drastic changes to their set up. In saying that I'm not trying to be a trouble maker. It is just an observation from someone on the outside looking in, and someone who has always admired the way the Broncos play the game.
Do you think Karmichael Hunt was as good this year as he was in 2004? That is not a smart arse question..I think he went backwards, from what I saw, but I must admit I did not see him a great deal. Locky has to go back to fullback IMO.

Big Pete

Referee
You seriously didn't watch the match then did you? Tate constantly found space and in other matches was dangerous, heck he even showed up Ben Smith when they played Parra and that's not an easy thing to do.

Though I can see your points on Broncos and I respect some of them on Bennent there is just no one to replace him.

Same goes for Lockyer at Five Eigth, if we had the likes of Barratt or Hill then Lockyer would definatly move back to Fullback however the thing is we don't at the moment have a better play maker then Lockyer.

Karmichael had a very solid-good year IMO. He really stood up when Lockyer was missing and showed a good passing game however in other games he failed to really do anything. His last game was his worse...3 errors however I believe he'll improve for next season.

Anyways I respect the post mate, all the best for the finals.

Mr Saab

Referee
parra pete said:
The Broncos are on the start of a downward spiral. I'll be surprised if they make the 8 in 2006 if they don't make drastic changes to their set up. .

they said the same at the end of 2003 when they lost 8 in a row.

Mr Saab

Referee
Meanie said:
And at the end of 2004 when we went out the backdoor.

more so after 2003.
Many media people were calling for his head. The telegrapgh (frilingo) and Hadley on radio.
They were not so critical in sydney after last yr.
As for this yr...well there have been no calls for him to go, but i have heard there is alot of people in Bris wanting him out

parra pete

Referee
I notice Tate got a rating of 8 in RLW...same as Webke. He must have gone better that I thought..I find it hard to believe, but then again I wasn't watching all that closely. Just marvelling at the great display by the Tigers and the sadness of seeing a former champion team on its last legs.