What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos not alone over interchange breach

Broncaz

Juniors
Yes Kaz, I saw it on NRL Fox tonight too. If the video ref was the one to notice, why didn't he tell the ref at the time? Could have saved all this mess. As for the NRL's reasoning for the 2 points being stripped......it's Parker's word against the official's. They seem more concerned about Parker "apparently"disobeying the official, rather than the breach itself. One of them isn't telling the truth and there is no real way of knowing 100%, who the fibber is. Corey may have been anxious and thought if the official says nothing the 3rd time, I'll go, or the official may have wanted to cover is ass incase the Tigers put in a complaint about it. Who knows for SURE? There is no proper evidence for either party.

Broncaz

Juniors
Razor said:
or the official may have wanted to cover is ass incase the Tigers put in a complaint about it

The official made the complaint, not Wests.
That's what I was saying, the offical MAY have made the complaint to cover his ass incase the Tigers would have put one in. Then again, he MAY not have done it to cover his own ass. It's a bloody mess, hasn't the NRL started off with a real bang this year?

mickdo

Coach
Broncaz said:
There is no proper evidence for either party.
What rubbish. There is more than enough evidence - video of 14 on the field, try being scored, interchange official's statement. Goodbye 2 points.

Balmainia

Juniors
the broncos don't deserve to lose the 2 points but I have no problems if they do

the broncos have cut down on their tripping tackles, forward passes and general dirty play they've been known for since their entry into the competition

this 2 point deduction is finally the punishment they've deserved over the past decade or so

the broncos are finally adhering to the rules for the most part.

Kiwi

First Grade
Balmainia said:
the broncos don't deserve to lose the 2 points but I have no problems if they do

the broncos have cut down on their tripping tackles, forward passes and general dirty play they've been known for since their entry into the competition

this 2 point deduction is finally the punishment they've deserved over the past decade or so

the broncos are finally adhering to the rules for the most part.

Someone ihas a chip on their shoulder, a pretty big one too.

Broncaz

Juniors
mickdo said:
Broncaz said:
There is no proper evidence for either party.
What rubbish. There is more than enough evidence - video of 14 on the field, try being scored, interchange official's statement. Goodbye 2 points.

I was refering to Parker and the official. There's no denying that the Broncs had 14 on the field. My interpretation of what I saw on NRL Fox was that the NRL's gripe was not the breach of 14 on the field, but Parker "supposedly" disobeying the official. All I am saying is that, if that's the case, I don't know with 100% certainty who's telling the truth.

mickdo

Coach
Broncaz said:
I was refering to Parker and the official. There's no denying that the Broncs had 14 on the field. My interpretation of what I saw on NRL Fox was that the NRL's gripe was not the breach of 14 on the field, but Parker "supposedly" disobeying the official. All I am saying is that, if that's the case, I don't know with 100% certainty who's telling the truth.
I doubt very much that it only hinges on Parker disobeying the official. Parker should not have been on the field when he was, even if an official told him to. But, even if it does hinge on that, Parker has changed his story twice, while the official made a report of the incident immediately after the game. I know who the NRL will be believing.

As for court action, I don't like your chances of any court overturning a rule that is in the book in black and white, after a sports governing body has made a decision that follows that rule. Bringing up examples of where a team had 14 men on the field for half a second as they crossed near the sideline ain't going to change anyone's mind.

Latest posts