What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bronco's rumoured to the Dragons

JW

Coach
Speaking out ahead of the Broncos clash against the Tigers this Saturday, Hannant admitted he is not closing the door on a potential shift to St George Illawarra.

"I'm still looking at options and all that stuff with managers," said Hannant.

"I don't know what's going on yet. I'm just focusing on playing good footy.

"If I’m playing good footy, that sort of stuff (contracts) works out itself.

"Whatever is best for my family is the decision I'm going to make at the end of the day."

http://www.inorbit.com/Articles/1035/2008/04/30/Ben_Hannant_admits_he_could_be_Dragons_bound.aspx

Follows this from a couple of weeks back:

This is where I want to be (living on the Gold Coast)," said Hannant.

"Even if I sign for a long term with the Broncos I am not going to move from here.

"I love the Gold Coast. It is where I have lived my whole life and this is where I am going to be when I retire."

All off contract Broncos will be linked to the Dragons by the media for obvious reasons and he's just giving the standard responses to the media.

Who knows where he could end up.

I highly doubt we'll lose him but it'd be an awesome pick-up for your mob if you could get him, no doubt. He's come along really well in past couple of seasons.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Not expecting him to come to Saints.

Couldn't be f*cked looking for the article, but he says he don't wanna move from Queensland, or something along those lines.

The rumour mill better get a grease and oil change it's going very fast at the moment..

Just wait untill next year when Bennett is here, imagine the rumours then....

Becauce he doesn't talk to the media speculation always goes into overdrive...

Dave Q

Coach
Hes no ordinary player. Bennett knows it too.

My guess is he's being courted by half the league.

Benny will no doubt have a quiet word to him at the back of the sheds.

If he goes to Saints, alarm bells will ring across the league.

Saints will soon out-bronco the broncos.

gregstar

Referee
& they f*cking owe us.

chris johns
billy noke
gavin allen
mick devere
gordon tallis
anthony mundine
michael ennis
ashton sims

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
& they f*cking owe us.

chris johns
billy noke
gavin allen
mick devere
gordon tallis
anthony mundine
michael ennis
ashton sims
yeah in one big hit and run.
Hannant.
stag.
berrigan
boyed
ennis
wishfull think but a couple of them will do, hannant and weyman terrorising the comp, i can just see it:roll:

watatank

Coach
We have plenty of depth in the backs. I'd like to see more forward signings and a halves/hooker signing.

Dragonwest

Juniors
If he comes you'd think it would push hornby permanentlty into the halfs????
thats unless we trade b morris aswell?

Jeff1691

Juniors
although i like hornby at fullback it would be an ok move. would not be so bad to have soward and hornby in the half's and darius at the back.

xofstgeorge

Juniors
We're starting to sound like the f**king roosters.
I agree we need a change in some positional areas, but as gordon ramsay would say "f**k ME!" seems like we have an interest in absolutley everyone that is off contract this year....
We still have salary cap restrictions and cannot simply buy every player available.
Theres been a few posts about having barrett and kimmorly in the halves.... yeah like we can fit all these players legitimatley....

Dont get me wrong, im as excited as the next guy, just seems that we're all pouncing at anything that moves...

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
we need to build hard then bring the junoirs through, alla broncos they dont buy many after settling with their team, after that they buy one good buy every year and work their junoirs.