What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos side in 2006

Daza_06

Juniors
Been all different threads on certain positions now lets see who u think should be in the team

BRONCOS 2006
1. Karmichael Hunt - 2006 is his year
2. Scott Minto - makes the team ahead of Bott and Tupou as he is reliable under the high ball.
3. Brent Tate - had an excellent game against New Zealand and is damagin at centre. Expectin big things from him 2006
4. Justin Hodges - good 2005 and has secured a spot in the centres
5. Steve Michaels - haven't seen much of this player but what i have seen has been good. He will have competition for his spot though with 4 wingers being in the Broncos ranks lookin for that spot.
6. Darren Lockyer - didn't finish the season well but im sure he will be back tohis best in 2006.
7. Brett Seymour - lets just hope he can build a combination with Lockyer
8. Shane Webcke - Damaging
9. Michael Ennis - he will be the starting hooker nxt year as well as the goal kicker. Can see him playin a similar role to what Farah did this year with the tigers.
10. Petero Civoniceva - Big and gets the job done
11. David Stagg - tackling machine
12. Tonie Carroll - moved to 2nd row to make room for Berrigan
13. Shaun Berrigan - moved to lock as the centres spots are taken. Well suited to centre but u can't have either Tate or Hodges playin on the wing

14. Brad Thorn - can play prop as well as 2nd row
15. Casey McGuire - handy utility
16. Sam Thaiday - to replace Webcke when he retires and will be just as good
17. Ben Hannant - a bit of a bolter but a player of the future. Will have competition from a number of players, Hannant can make the hit-ups gain metres and has a good completion rate on his tackling

gcbronco

Juniors
1. Hunt
2. Bott
3. Hodges
4. Tate
5. Michaels
6. Lockyer
7. Seymour
8. Webcke
9. Ennis
10. Civoniceva
11. Stagg
12. Parker
13. Eastwood

14. S Berrigan
15. T Caroll
16. B Thorn
17. S Thaiday

Daza_06

Juniors
Daza_06 said:
Been all different threads on certain positions now lets see who u think should be in the team

BRONCOS 2006
2. Scott Minto - makes the team ahead of Bott and Tupou as he is reliable under the high ball.
3. Brent Tate - had an excellent game against New Zealand and is damagin at centre. Expectin big things from him 2006
5. Steve Michaels - haven't seen much of this player but what i have seen has been good. He will have competition for his spot though with 4 wingers being in the Broncos ranks lookin for that spot.
6. Darren Lockyer - didn't finish the season well but im sure he will be back tohis best in 2006.
9. Michael Ennis - he will be the starting hooker nxt year as well as the goal kicker. Can see him playin a similar role to what Farah did this year with the tigers.
13. Shaun Berrigan - moved to lock as the centres spots are taken. Well suited to centre but u can't have either Tate or Hodges playin on the wing

17. Ben Hannant - a bit of a bolter but a player of the future. Will have competition from a number of players, Hannant can make the hit-ups gain metres and has a good completion rate on his tackling

forgot Corey Parker... put him in in place of Hannant Bennett won't have Parker in the QLD Cup

gcbronco

Juniors
Barry is a good player but from my perspective I think we need to start building for the longterm, Ennis and Eastwood are two players IMHO we need in our forwards if we are really going to address the core problems with the forwards at present and for the future, I would love to have all 3 in the side but I think we would be better served looking to the future now, its not going to be long until the likes of Webcke, Civoncieva, Caroll and Thorn all move on and we need more experienced forwards for when that happens and thus we need to start blooding some of the younger fowards now and not wait for it to happen.

Tim Brasher

Juniors
1.Hunt
2.Tate
3.Hodges
4.Berrigan
5.Bott
6.Lockyer
7.Seymour
13.Carroll
12.Thorn
11.Stagg
10.Civoniceva
9.Ennis
8.Webcke
14.Parker
15.Thaiday
16.McGuire
17.Eastwood
18.Hannant

steveb69

Juniors
Daza_06 said:

BRONCOS 2006

i gotta disagree. i personally dont think shaun berrigan has what it takes to become a better lock then the one you have in tonie carroll. Shaun has gone from half to centre and made the australian team for it.
i also believe the brisbane back pair of stagg, thorn and carroll is to powerful. why break that when the oppostion cant?
i believe your wingers should be scotty minto nd leon bott for steve michaels.
but its hard to leave barry berrigan out of the hole mix. espeically with ennis playing as the bench then onto dummy half for dragons. but hey u got casey mcguire.
and i doubt ennis cant make the impact fareh did has he would (As well as wing) have a style of their own dont they. but its how they built nd how they play. they too quick for ennis.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Daza_06 said:
whos position is he goin to take

I'd start with Berrigan at hooker and move Ennis there after 20 mins or so, in a similar role to Craig Wing.

Big Pete

Referee
1.Karmichael Hunt
2.Brent Tate
3.Justin Hodges
4.Shaun Berrigan
5.Steve Michaels
6.Darren Lockyer (c)
7.Brett Seymour
8.Shane Webcke
9.Michael Ennis
10.Petero Ceivoniceiva
11.Brad Thorn
12.David Stagg
13.Tonie Carroll

14.Corey Parker
15.Casey McGuire
16.Dane Carlaw
17.Sam Thaiday

18.Darren Smith

As much as people think the Broncos will change the more I think it will stay the same. I believe this will be the initial team, changes will of course be made throughout the season and I'd expect at least a few new rookies coming through - hopefully another big, fast winger.

J.N.

Juniors
1. Karmichael Hunt
2. Brent Tate
3. Justin Hodges
4. Shaun Berrigan
5. Scott Minto
6. Darren Lockyer
7. Brett Seymour
8. Shane Webcke
9. Barry Berrigan
10. Petero Civonecia
11. Brad Thorn
12. David Stagg
13. Tonie Carroll

14. Michael Ennis
15. Casey McGuire
16. Corey Parker
17. Sam Thaiday

Kiwi

First Grade
1.Karmichael Hunt
2.Tony Duggan ( surely he couldn't do worse than we have had )
3.Justin Hodges
4.Brent Tate
5.Steve Michaels
6.Darren Lockyer (c)
7.Brett Seymour
8.Shane Webcke
9.Michael Ennis
10.Petero Ceivoniceiva
11.Tonie Carroll
12.David Stagg
13.Shaun Berrigan

14.Corey Parker
15.Casey McGuire
16.Brad Thorn
17.Sam Thaiday

18.Eastwood
19.Costigan
20.Kenny
21.Lacey
22.Parfitt
23.Hannant
24.Minto/Bott
25.Siebold

Meanie

Juniors
1. Karmichael Hunt
2. Tame Tupou
3. Justin Hodges
4. Brent Tate
5. Steve Michaels
6. Darren Lockyer (c)
7. Brett Seymour
8. Shane Webcke
9. Michael Ennis
10. Petero Civoniceva
11. David Stagg
12. Tonie Carroll
13. Greg Eastwood
14. Sam Thaiday
15. Corey Parker or Neville Costigan (Depending on his attitude)
16. Brad Thorn
17. Shaun Berrigan

D

Deleted member 10972

1. Darren Lockyer - five-eighth in attack, but fullback in defence = less defensive exposure
2. Karmichael Hunt - utilized in the roaming winger mould i.e. Nathan Blacklock
3. Brent Tate - better at centre than at wing, just needs to pass the ball more
4. Justin Hodges - great, powerful player when his head is screwed on tightly
5. Steve Michaels - solid, talented, with a great turn of speed off the mark
6. Casey McGuire - covers Locky's defensive weaknesses & has good ball skills
7. Brett Seymour - needs to find some serious form this year, or will come under fire
8. Shane Webcke - key forward, great strength, defence, inspirational leader
9. Neville Costigan - for the opening 20 mins, same way Young/Ennis was utilized
10. Petero Civoniceva - experienced, great go-forward & leads by example
11. David Stagg - young defensive machine, adds mobility to a sluggish pack
12. Tonie Carroll - hits & runs hard, needs to regain his form to be a threat again
13. Shaun Berrigan - shifts here, could be huge succes if he bulks up in defence

14. Michael Ennis - great dummy-half service, ball skills, & a sharpshooting goalkicker
15. Brad Thorn - needs to come off the bench to continue Webcke & Civo's drive
16. Sam Thaiday - young tyro with huge potential, powerful, fast & mobile as they come
17. Greg Eastwood - another young bolter, ball skills & a good allround running game

Reserves

Corey Parkey
Ben Hannant
Barry Berrigan
Scott Minto
Tame Tupou
Leon Bott

Nevcost

Juniors
1. Karmeichel Hunt
2. Leon Bott
3. Justin Hodges
4. Shaun Berrigan
5. Brent Tate
6. Darren Lockyer (C)
7. Brett Seymour
8. Shane Webcke
9. Michael Ennis
10. Petero Civoniceva
11. David Stagg
12. Tonie Carroll
13. Greg Eastwood

14. Brad Thorn
15. Sam Thiaday
16. Neville Costigan
17. Casey McGuire

Striker

Juniors
The key to Lockyer playing his best at Five-Eigth is Brett Seymour playing well at Half back. Lockyer desperately needs to be second reciever so he can use his instinct to run or pass, he is so damaging in that role. Hunt is also becoming the same type of player so from full back he can slot on opposite side of the field to Lockyer in attack.

Striker

Juniors
My team for 2006:
1. Hunt
2. Bott
3. Tate
4. Hodges
5. Michaels
6. Lockyer (c)
7. Seymour
8. Webcke (vc)
9. Ennis
10. Civoniceva
11. Stagg
12. Carroll
13. Berrigan, S

14. Thorn
15. Thaiday
16. McGuire
17. Parker
18. Carlaw
19. Topou
20. Costigan
21. Eastwood
22. Kenny
23. Parfitt

I know I have named a lot on the bench but obviously we need versitility from there so whoever is fit at the time.

We need out and out wingers that is why I stuck with Bott, get him into space and he will be leathal, as he gets older he will know when to come in and when to try and go around the opposition.

fiamacho

Juniors
broncoman said:
i dont think Lockyer has the speed to play fullback anymore...

I agree he is not as fast anymore, but Lockyer's styl;e of fullback play was more of a playmakers role, he needs time to construct something as I do not think he can create fast enough when he plays Stand Off.