What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos Sign PJ Marsh

yobbo84

First Grade
Well that's one from left field!

Source: http://foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,22690629-23214,00.html?from=public_rss

Broncos sign Marsh

November 02, 2007

BRISBANE Broncos have pulled off a signing coup with the surprise announcement that classy utility P.J. Marsh will join the NRL club on a three-year deal.
Parramatta have granted Marsh a release from the final year of his contract, allowing the Broncos to nab him.

Used mostly as a hooker, the former New Zealand Warrior and Queensland State of Origin representative is an ideal replacement for Shaun Berrigan, who left for England at the end of the 2007 NRL season.

AAP

tiger_nick

Bench
very much so, who do parra have coming through to play hooker? or has riddell lost 20kgs and can now play 80mins?

yobbo84

First Grade
They've got some bloody good options now the Broncos.

1. Hunt
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
9. Marsh
14. Ennis

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Matt Keating was the hooker in the premiership winning PL side and played quite a good game in the grand final. If he can't step up to first grade, I guess we could always use Finch to interchange at dummy half and use Mateo off the bench to cover 5/8.

Big Mick

Referee
Marsh is a great signing for the Bronco's...They are looking quite "balanced" for next year...rather than Lockyer focussed.

Mr Saab

Referee
Broncos on the biggest bying spree in their history for one yr.

Wallace
Clinton
Simms
Marsh

Johnny Bravo

Juniors
Another wanker joins the broncos giving me reason to hate them.

Good signing for them however, a good replacement for berrigan.

ethos

Live Update Team
Mr Saab said:
Broncos on the biggest bying spree in their history for one yr.

Wallace
Clinton
Simms
Marsh

Can add that Dragons winger onto the list as well (Hewitt I think his name is ?).

A heavy NSW presence in the side these days.

macavity

Referee
yobbo84 said:

1. Hunt
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
9. Marsh
14. Ennis

Ennis is better than Marsh and should start.

colonel_123

Juniors
yobbo84 said:

1. Hunt
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
9. Marsh
14. Ennis

That's a good looking "spine" especially; when you've got a great defender like Tonnie Carroll locking the scrum. Plenty of options and well balanced.

And Marsh gives them a half-back option along with Ennis is Wallace isn't a success there or if there's an injury.

Good pickup I think and I wonder if it will translate into a bench spot for Queensland and a return to SOO for Marsh now that Berrigan has moved on?

Jono078

Referee
Wow, great signing!

I thought PJ was great this year and probably didnt get the recognition he deserved.

Good stuff Broncos.

tiger_nick

Bench
interesting, the broncos have never been big on signing players, instead look to develop their own. could this be because of the titans? they dont have the whole of south queensland to themselves anymore