What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos Supporter Group

Striker

Juniors
I don't know who it was but someone mentioned earlier this season about setting up a Brisbane Broncos Supporter group that would attend all home matches and make some noise to help drive the players on the field.

I would like to see this come about and I would also like to be involved with it. There was also talk about developing songs or chants to cry during the game, that would be fantastic. We would have to try and have a bay of seats designated to the group so our voices would be effective.

I am going to budget to attend about four or five games next season with the first home game a definate. I will probable like to pick the matches that the Roar will be playing at home on the same weekend so I can watch a few of their matches as well, but the Broncos will be the priority.

Who else is interested in this idea?

JW

Coach
Well there already are a couple of "unofficial" supporter groups, but your best bet would to bring it up on the BHQ forum.

Cheers.

DIEHARD

----
The Broncos need nothing more than a passionate maroon blooded fan group!

I'll be keen to help out, at least until the Gold Coast come into the competition.

Even then I'd sit with you guys at the Broncos matches.

The benefits of such a group are plentiful. Please for the sake of rugby league, let it happen!

I'll back it 100%

JW

Coach
True Diehard.

Brisbane already have big numbers turning up to games, but for a large and vocal supporter group to formed instead of the smaller pockets of groups that currently exist would add a great atmosphere to Brisbane home games.

Personally, i'd love to see it happen.

It's a top idea Striker - and probably long overdue.

Cheers.

DIEHARD

----
It isn't like people at the games don't want to get into the games. If you lead by example people follow.

Broncos games need that addictive atmosphere that is lacking. I'm not sure what Lions games are like, but I'm sure they are of greater atmosphere.

A Broncos Army would go a long way to rectify that. You can also add numbers to any Brisbane or SEQLD based international for THE MOB. ;-)

The Gold Coast will have an army, don't miss out!

yep, ive been sayhing this for ages, we need a big supporter group and sing songs and just do all the sh*t that xxxx group does

DIEHARD

----
pennywisealfie said:
yep, ive been sayhing this for ages, we need a big supporter group and sing songs and just do all the sh*t that xxxx group does

Well no doubt it would be easy to get together a core of about a dozen passionate people interested in developing the concept. That is already better than some club's supporter groups. The potential is huge, the Broncos have a massive fan base and the entire city to recruit from.

You need to get your own bay and de a dispensation from the draconian flag and banner rules.

One thing you need is an awesome name though.

The Stampede? Not only to do with horses but...

To act on mass impulse.
A mass impulsive action.
To cause (a crowd of people) to act on mass impulse.

Striker

Juniors
Yeah I am glad others are thinking the same way... i would really like to see this get off the ground. i like stampede as a name , you are right diehard we need a good name.

DIEHARD

----
Striker said:
Yeah I am glad others are thinking the same way... i would really like to see this get off the ground. i like stampede as a name , you are right diehard we need a good name.

Yea you need a good catchy name and also need a style.

I find that no idea will get of the ground with just a few people agreeing with it and nodding heads. It needs someone to take it and push forward with it, people will follow.

First you need to sound out all Broncos fans and get feedback. Because you don't want to run off half cocked if the concept isn't something that will appeal to everyone.

Also try and involve as many people as possible. But it does all come down to one or a few people leading from the front.

I'll help out, turn up and support it 100%.

DIEHARD

----
sh*t, I was going to say you need Brisbane based fans to spearhead it as Broncodroid and broncoman are based in NSW...but you seem to live in Rockhamption?!

I guess that rules you out, unfortunately.

Striker

Juniors
yeah mate, i am a rocky boy... as i said in my original post i am planning to see 4 games next season but ill help with organising, i have already started work on a song hehe :)

DIEHARD

----
Well I can hardly do it being the Gold Coast's number #2 fan behind Oneye. :lol:

See what they think on Broncos HQ. That is the best place to start.

JW

Coach
Striker said:
yeah mate, i am a rocky boy... as i said in my original post i am planning to see 4 games next season but ill help with organising, i have already started work on a song hehe :)

I'm in the same situation. Not Brisbane based, but planning to attend as many home games as time/finances will allow next season.

And yeah, as Diehard said, Broncos HQ would be a good place to start looking for further ideas and opinions on starting a supporter group. They already have their own group of regulars that attend home games together and they're a pretty passionate lot.

Oh and post the song too when it's done :)

Cheers.

for it to work we need everyone to be a season ticket holder, so we know where we will be all year, that way for the ppl that come 5 or 6 games a year, they know which section everyone will be sitting in and they can join in

Big Pete

Referee
Because I'm kind of underage I don't think I'd be allowed but I agree that it'd be a great idea.