What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos target Henry

cooba

Juniors
The Australian understands only one member of the board supports extending Bennett's deal beyond 2009, with Canberra coach Neil Henry and Melbourne's Craig Bellamy seen as potential replacements.

Bay56

First Grade
:lol: :lol:

no further comment at this stage

PS ... matt can you tell someone that when he grabs the key from the other guy that he then proceeds to shove the key up his proverbial :lol:

matt

Juniors
Bay56 said:
:lol: :lol:

no further comment at this stage

PS ... matt can you tell someone that when he grabs the key from the other guy that he then proceeds to shove the key up his proverbial :lol:

:lol: :lol: gold .

dubby

Bench
Its just pure speculation guys.

The Sunday Mail mentioned it on the weekend, but it is totally inaccurate and just a beat up. Its just an assumption based on Neils work with the QLD SOO team.

If anyone is going to Brisbane, it will be Bellamy. His family still lives there and he was a trainer there.

Bay56

First Grade
Dubster the words 'logical' and 'Raiders management' dont often occur in the same sentence ... mind you the words 'speculation' and 'disappointment' often do.

I agree that Bellamy would seem to be the logical guy to replace Bennett ... I dont think that a club like the Broncos would risk a near rookie unproven NRL coach.

But hey if they did take Henry and we got Bellamy you would not be hearing too many complaints from this Raiders supporter.

ak47

Juniors
well if any of it is true - which i doubt

Bellamy is hell bent NSW

I'd struggle to comprehend that Bruno Cullen - whatever the CEO of broncos is - would hire a patriotic NSWelshman as the coach

Broncos have always bled maroon

However from a business point of view, there aint much QLD bred coaching talent going around, so who knows from that perspective

I dont want Henry going anywhere.........he will prove himself and then some - IMO

shear_joy9

Coach
Too much emphasis is placed on coaches. A coach from an under-18's comp could do just as good a job as a seasoned NRL one IMO.

Plus I don't like Henry.

Timbo

Staff member
shear_joy9 said:
Too much emphasis is placed on coaches. A coach from an under-18's comp could do just as good a job as a seasoned NRL one IMO.

Plus I don't like Henry.

I could respond to that. But the length of the post which I would need to annhailate your comments would give me RSI.

Chachi

Bench
shear_joy9 said:

Plus I don't like Henry.
Why in particular?

Ser

Juniors
I can't see Henry taking over the Bronc's with only three years 1st grade under his belt. Bellamy has links with the club and has the better resume, regardless of his allegiences. The Bronc's have never faced having to change coaches, so who knows what their preferences are.

I can see Henry at Canberra until, at least, 2011 when the harvest from the past two years is set to be brought in.

Finalists 2008/09
Potential premiers 2010/11

Latest posts