What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos v Rabbitohs in WA

Swamp

Juniors
http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/South-Sydney-Rabbitohs-tickets/artist/1294882#BVRRWidgetID

For those in WA that to know where to buy tickets or even our Eastern State brethren that was thinking of coming over for the game. Also, check out of the comments page re: last year's game in the wet. This one typified the night:

Posted 28/06/2011
by yappy This Fan's Reviews

wet, cold and drenged but this is the best thing i have done in my 57 years living and breathing

Favourite moment: bonding with 2 of my boys their who want to go again

I remember that game. Broncos lost because the ground was so bad the pools of water stopped ball rolling. Why do the broncos have this goddam game every year.

Silent Knight

First Grade
I remember that game. Broncos lost because the ground was so bad the pools of water stopped ball rolling. Why do the broncos have this goddam game every year.

The NRL is determined to promote the great sport of water polo in Perth. They decided to send the Rabbletohs along because it's not like they're any good at playing rugby league. As for your club, beats the hell out of me why they got sent, but have a nice swim :D

supercharger

Juniors
Every year? what do you mean every year? this is only the 2nd time the Broncos have played the Rabbitohs in Perth prior to that it was Melbourne.

Last edited:

Mr Fourex

Bench
Hopefully the amateurish ground conditions will have been rectified this year.

If not....they don't deserve another one.

Perth Red

Post Whore
40 degrees at the moment, hopefully no rain on the night. What you whingers on about, it was only a puddle!

737720-souths-v-broncos.jpg

Last year the game sold out prior to gates opening so hopefully we get a massive crowd on a dry night. If your coming across for the game don't leave it too late or there may be no ticktes left.

undertaker

Coach
The NRL expects to draw a crowd in Perth on a weeknight at 6pm?

Very poor scheduling if you ask me. Almost as bad as when the Cowboys/Storm game was on Monday 6pm last year

Perth Red

Post Whore
yeh 6pm is a weird KO time given the game won't be screened live on the East coast. I guess with the 3 hours difference it means that it will be a 9pm KO in NSW. They could have made it 6.30pm and screened it live in NSW and Q'land.
Given traffic most people will still be sat on the freeway home. Hopefully we get a big turn out from the city workers straight from work and the tradies who knock off at 2pm!

AlwaysGreen

Immortal

And lol@50uff$ won because the water made the ball stop rolling? :crazy:

Anyway, good to see the rabbletohs spreading the lols across the country.

Perth Red

Post Whore
That bit of rain was a once in a 25 year event for Perth that night. Just pointing out that freak weather happens and doesn;t matter how good a stadium is sometimes it gets affected.

All a mute point though as A) it won't rain that hard again and B) the nib pitch is being dug up and relayed in July to cope with 3 codes playing on it all year round.

MARSHALL ZHUKOV

Juniors
lets me guess its a friday night game - again the bloody bronco's on friday night :x- so nine will show the bronco's v the bye too will they on friday night because brisbane/qlders cannot watch a game not involving the bronco's or another qld team and would rather watch an empty suncorp stadium instead

beave

Coach
Don't lump all us QLDers in the same boat, I can't stand watching the broncos unless they're being towelled up......... Preferably by my clowns.

Perth Red

Post Whore
lets me guess its a friday night game - again the bloody bronco's on friday night :x- so nine will show the bronco's v the bye too will they on friday night because brisbane/qlders cannot watch a game not involving the bronco's or another qld team and would rather watch an empty suncorp stadium instead

The stats don;t lie and the Broncos draw the biggest audience in Q'land. Having said that the other Q'land teams do almost as well so they could spread the love around a bit more to the to the other two teams. I guess one of the reasons the NRL is keen on another Brisbane team?

Billythekid

First Grade
The stats don;t lie and the Broncos draw the biggest audience in Q'land. Having said that the other Q'land teams do almost as well so they could spread the love around a bit more to the to the other two teams. I guess one of the reasons the NRL is keen on another Brisbane team?

Isn't this a bit of a self fulfilling prophecy? If you only show one team of course they will build up the biggest audience. Also i find it hard to believe the stats are that conclusive. How much of a chance have the titans and cowboys been given in comparison to the broncos? It must be a pretty small sample size.

undertaker

Coach
yeh 6pm is a weird KO time given the game won't be screened live on the East coast. I guess with the 3 hours difference it means that it will be a 9pm KO in NSW. They could have made it 6.30pm and screened it live in NSW and Q'land.
Given traffic most people will still be sat on the freeway home. Hopefully we get a big turn out from the city workers straight from work and the tradies who knock off at 2pm!

Given the 3hr time difference, there's absolutely no reason why Ch9 cannot show a live doubleheader that Friday night with the Perth game starting at 9:30pm AEDT. But, of course Ch9 are a bunch of screwballs and put it on 1/2hr delay to shove in craploads of ads in the 2nd game. Im sooooo over delayed broadcasts, especially the 2nd FN match. They r a thing of the past. There should be no delayed games in the next TV rights deal. The bigger atrocity however is that this match isn't being broadcasted at a decent time in Perth. Should be on TV there at 7:30pm

Last edited:

Latest posts