What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos vs Canberra on Saturday

broncoman

Juniors
This will be a massive test, firstly im trying to put together a potential 17 and ive come up with this
1 Hunt 2 Minto 3 Tate 4 Hodges 5 Bott 6 Barnes 7 Seymour 8 Webcke (cap) 9 Berrigan 10 Parker 11 Stagg 12 Costigan 13 Smith Res 14 Thaiday 15 Kelly 16 Mapp 17 Wyatt 18 Learoyd Lahrs 19 Parfitt (two to be ommitted)

anyone else got any ideas? im not a kelly fan but his we could use all the experience we can get wih 7 players out for Origin.

Raiders will be tough with Woolford and Schifcofske coming back. Im not quite sure how we're gonna go, but i think we will still start favourites.

Mr Saab

Referee
side looks good, but Kelly on the bench? i would cry if that would happen.
Kelly is a nuffy and a half. Up there in the paul cariage class.

broncoman

Juniors
i know, but i really dunno who else to put, we definately needa back/utility on the bench and with Barnes starting i couldnt think of anyone else other than Kelly. Id be more than happy to replace him in that side if anyone can come up with someone else!

broncoman

Juniors
just realised i left Darren Smith out of the team, he will defaintely come in, also just saw that Nick Parfitt scored a hat trick for the clydesdales on the weekend. he could come in for kelly and we'd all be happy.

someone i was thinking last night was that if barry berrigan was out this week we could perhaps play Parfitt at fullback, Hunt at five eighth and Barnes at hooker. But i dont think Bennett is looking for move Hunt to 5/8 just yet...

Mr Saab

Referee
broncoman said:
someone i was thinking last night was that if barry berrigan was out this week we could perhaps play Parfitt at fullback, Hunt at five eighth and Barnes at hooker. But i dont think Bennett is looking for move Hunt to 5/8 just yet...

for one game why not ( dont think he will though)

renouf

Juniors
I still believe we have strike power out wide with Tate and Hodges, and capable forwards to go over Canberra. We need B.Berrigan to play, he adds so much out of dummy half. We've still got Hunt to create things in the backline, and Seymour's kicking game. I really think we can win this game.. Canberra without Jason Smith are nothing.. the return of Woolford will be a big boost.

salivor

First Grade
It's a bit of a blow to the baby Broncos not having Carlaw and Maguire there, they wouldn't have been expected to play Origin at the start of the year. Other than that the backline still looks like it's got plenty of tries in it with Tate being there and Minto in the form he's had of late.

These are always some of the most enjoyable games of the year IMO because theres no expectation on the boys to win and we can actually afford to drop this one and still stay on top of the table. Theres a lot of young talent in there in Hunt, Barnes, Seymour, Parker, Stagg, Costigan and Thaiday who I'm confident will stand up and show their potential.

Ghoulies

Bench
I know that Tame Tupou has shown real improvement over his past few games for the Clydies, but I doubt Bennett is willing to take a chance on him after his game against Melbourne.

broncoman

Juniors
Ghoulies said:
I know that Tame Tupou has shown real improvement over his past few games for the Clydies, but I doubt Bennett is willing to take a chance on him after his game against Melbourne.
Parfitt on the wing perhaps?

Troy is good

Juniors
I for one hope Parfitt gets back in and has a pretty good game against Canberra. I was devastated for the poor guy 2 years back when he came in as fullback against Manly and made that mistake in the ingoal allowing them to score

Ghoulies

Bench
1. Hunt
2. Michaels*
3. Tate
4. Hodges**
5. Bott**
6. Barnes***
7. Seymour
8. Webcke
9. B Berrigan
10. Parker
11. Stagg
12. Costigan
13. Smith

14. Thaiday
15. Mapp
16. Wyatt
17. Learoyd-Larhs

* - Normally a centre but he played on the wing for QLD U19s and I'm hoping Waynes willing to bite the bullet and blood the youngster.
** - It's essential that Hodges is Botts centre so he can see as much ball as possible.
*** - I know there's an injury cloud over him so if we're really unlucky we could see Stu Kelly slot in at five-eighth.

Striker

Juniors
This is the side I think Bennett will use. Stu Kelly has been playing pretty well at 5/8 for Toowoomba (what I have seen anyway) so he may decide to use Barnes off the bench as a replacement for Berrigan. Also Parfitt has played on the wing before if memory serves me correct, still a very strong side and with Webcke their to lead the boys an inspirational win is on the cards.

1. Hunt
2. Parfitt
3. Hodges
4. Tate
5. Bott
6. Kelly
7. Seymore (GK)
8. Webcke (C)
9. B. Berrigan
10. Parker (GK)
11. Stagg
12. Costigan
13. D. Smith
Interchange
14. Barnes
15. Thaiday
16. Mapp
17. Leahroyd-Lars

Kiwi

First Grade
1. Hodges
2. Parfitt
3. Smith
4. Tate
5. Bott
6. Hunt
7. Seymour (GK)
8. Webcke (C)
9. B. Berrigan
10. Thaiday
11. Stagg
12. Parker
13. Costigan
Interchange
14. Barnes
15. Wyatt
16. Mapp
17. Leahroyd-Lars

OR

1. Parfitt
2. Tate
3. Smith
4. Hodges
5. Bott
6. Hunt
7. Seymour (GK)
8. Webcke (C)
9. B. Berrigan
10. Thaiday
11. Stagg
12. Parker
13. Costigan
Interchange
14. Barnes
15. Wyatt
16. Mapp
17. Leahroyd-Lars

broncoman

Juniors
it would be nice to see Hunt at 5/8 but i dont think he will wear the number 6 this week. i hope im wrong, but i think Wayne Bennett will try and avoid having to do a major reschuffle like that...

Evergreen

Juniors
renouf said:
Canberra without Jason Smith are nothing...

He's a massive part of our team, but our poor form in the last few weeks is due to Schifcofske and Woolford being injured/suspended long term as well.

It's a clean slate for the Raiders this weekend, our fittest team since the Panthers in round 9, and our run to September will start with you blokes ;)

Raiders by 10.

Latest posts