What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BROOKS OR MOSES . . . . and why ?

The Rosco

Bench
OK. Fast forward to the end of this season.
For whatever reason, we can only keep either Brooks or Moses, not both.
Who do we keep, and why ?

Dogs Of War

Coach
If you guys are smart brooks. If your smart only one. Not sure who is off contract but you guys need to explore that. And get some forwards.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Completely depends on who we partner them with. If we could find an experienced half to replace the one we lose then I'd choose to keep Brooks. If we had to partner with Rankin or Littlejohn then I'd go with Moses.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd keep Brooks without any doubt.

Have a ball runner at five eighth. You could even put Simona at 6 and it would be better than the current pairing.

Tiger05

First Grade
Who knows. They have both been pretty ordinary this year. Look at the dogs game which was far from a dud performance from both of them but they didn't really do enough.

I also think the question doesn't make much sense. I think they are both average first graders at the moment and we should be able to keep both of them.

simmo1

First Grade
May as well spend the 1.2mil on Hayne instead.

At least you will be guaranteed a quality first grader, as opposed to two players who are now into their third full season and remain all hype.

BrotherJim05

Bench
There is a plan B in all this.

Sack both of them. Free up $1.2 million, use that money to sign Hayne.

1. Hayne
2. Nofa
3. Tedesco
4. Simona
5. Naiqama
6 Rankin
7. Littlejohn

It's so good its Sheenius

BrotherJim05

Bench
And in completely unrelated news, Harry T can use Hayne and Tedesco as the face of Meriton apartments for the Balmain area.

Eddie Lab

Juniors
I'm at the point of neither. blow it up and restart again because I honestly haven't seen a consistent effort from either.

spend the 1.2 savings on two 120kg forwards because I'm sick of the Tigers having a light forward pack. we have had 'the smallest pack in the comp' for over a decade and sure it struck gold once but it's overdue for a change.

Brooks would probably go one to get the Dally M with the Storm or some other BS but he just isn't working with the Tigers 'structure'.

I am not sure that what ever Taylor is trying to achieve is possible with him at the helm,the players look like they are not convinced either, we have a culture that continually rewards mediocrity which tends to build division amongst the team and bad attitudes.
Not picking on Brooks,but an example of our lack of urgency or BA is when Brooks fed a scrum against the Dogs, he rolled the ball into the second row,the lock then picked the ball up and ran with it,Brooks reaction was to just walk away,i just couldn't imagine Thurston or Cronk reacting the same way in failing to support the play or not wanting to be involved in the next play.

Tigerted

Juniors
2 major reasons amongst many as to y as a matter of urgency Taylor must be sacked:

We r @ absolute rock bottom & after almost 1.5 seasons with this gump @ the helm we have been on a downward spiral from day 1.

He hasn't been able to get anything out of the overpaid 6 or 7.Under Taylor's watch these 2 have stagnated to a level that it beggars belief that either one ever displayed any potential playing @ the scrumbase in the lower grades.

If Pascoe & o'neill have a f**king pulse & have a smidgeon of vigilance & business savvy Taylor's days employed by WT have got to be numbered!

Tiger05

First Grade
I think Taylor should be punted and we can give a coach a headstart for next season.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I recall vaguely that Taylor was going to be reviewed this week or next.

Anyone know anything about that?

I think Taylor should be punted and we can give a coach a headstart for next season.

I know its not a good look to be sacking another coach but neither is getting beat every week with mind numbing game plans and appalling team selections that have regressed both players development and team improvement,the coach has to go asap...:pray:

Mario chalmers

Juniors
Round 10 has been floating around as a review date for quite some time Madunit.

BT - It's not a good look to be sacking coaches but surely there's got to be an element of embarrassment for the club board who appointed him? Marina Go told anyone who'd listen that Taylor was head and shoulders above other interviewees and that has proven to be wrong.

They would sack him now to save face I think.

magpie guy

Juniors
I was holding off jumping either way to see them play a few games this season. Overall I think that Brooks is the better option. I have seen Brooks dominate a game scoring and setting up tries but I have not seen Moses do that. Moses is supposedly meant to be a better organising and distributing half but I have not seen him lead a side around with a deft kicking and passing game, grinding out incremental advantages the way you would see someone like Cronk do.

Their defence is both equally questionable. Brooks wins on run meters and trys/try assists. Neither are worth anywhere near 600k though.