What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brookvale Oval - Wet and Heavy

vista

Juniors
Did anyone notice that the ground was wet on Saturday night? There must have been an invisible cloud dropping it's load or Hasler was doing the gardening that day. I wonder if it's a tactic manly use to slow down the good attacking teams??????

Saint Angelo

Juniors
I was thinking the very same thing whilst watching the game.

A bit like the old days when they (I can't remember the team) saturated the wings to combat the speed of Walford and Offiah.

Dutchy

Immortal
Did anyone notice that the ground was wet on Saturday night? There must have been an invisible cloud dropping it's load or Hasler was doing the gardening that day. I wonder if it's a tactic manly use to slow down the good attacking teams??????

Stupid. Dragons are superior to Manly in defense, and Manly superior in attack. Why would we do that if its only going to play into your hands. Cuckoo.

Saint Jack

Juniors
There is meant to be a problem with the ground. It was said the Seagles were planning to move up the road a bit.

But, watering the pitch - a bit like shortening the in-goal ... :D

Saint Angelo

Juniors
Stupid. Dragons are superior to Manly in defense, and Manly superior in attack. Why would we do that if its only going to play into your hands. Cuckoo.

Going into the match Manly had scored only 2 more points than Saints in attack.

Not exactly "superior".

Guys they were on their game and we weren't. Simple

Let's take it on the chin and move on.

BTW, I recall Williams scoring a few tries on the wing. If the ground was that heavy, that animal would have sunk to about waist deep....he's huge.

saintania

Juniors
I hope so. These threads are starting to make us sound like the whingers we badger other teams fans for.

Doug2234

First Grade
i dunno why some dragons guys blaming everything they can think of..

it was the grass, we were missing players, i farted and hornby is sh*t.

we were outplayed and lost...

Last edited:
talk about finding excuses to lose

now now monk

the oakland raiders used to do this for years. some how..even in september in california..the field was wet and muddy.

the merkin factor that the raiders possess is strong in manly.

STG-Dragon

Juniors
I did notice the ground was very wet down our end in the 1st half, you could tell by the way the ball flew in the air after it was kicked that it was really wet. Where did the water come from as I'm pretty sure it didn't rain and was a sunny day???

I was thinking the very same thing whilst watching the game.

A bit like the old days when they (I can't remember the team) saturated the wings to combat the speed of Walford and Offiah.

GOOD MEMORY SA,

It was western Suburbs that did it.

I should know I watched them do it.

Funny funny sh*t, I didn't think many people remembered that.
It got a brief mention at the time.