What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bryan Fletcher - Any previous?

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
Bryan Fletcher has been handed a 3 match ban for his deliberate elbow in the Cup game against Wigan. I've not seen it myself, but everyone was talking about it in work, saying it spoilt the game and was very malicious.

I must admit that I didn't have Fletcher down in the 'dirty' category. I've not seen much of him, but thought he looked a fair player.

The worst thing about this is that Fletcher's elbow has also given young Paul Prescott, Fletchers own team mate, a detatched retina. This is going to require surgery and he is apparantly unlikely to play again this season and is potentially career threatening. Such a shame for the kid as he suffered a season long injury last year too. One mate who supports Wigan was livid about the incident, saying he thought that element had left Wigan with Terry Newton.

Scott

Bench
He's always been a clean player as far as I am concerned.

He had a brain snap last year with his 'racist comment' to Dean Widders but other than that he has been very good.

Lowey3

Juniors
Yet another dead beat Aussie who Wigan have signed.

He's come over and looks around 3 stone heavier than he did in the NRL. Super League does'nt need players such as Fletcher who make racist comments to opponents when things arnt going he's way,

The word 'big head' is usually given to people who are over confident, however in Fletchers case he actually has a 'big head' it's huge!!!! it's on a par with beavis and butthead.

Yet again the media failed to see the incident at the time and claimed it was a clash of heads - had this been Jason Hooper he would of recieved a straight red card with a 12 year old 'p*ss wet through touch judge' running on the pitch waving he's flag - with legs like branches.

At the time Fletcher told the Wakefield players to F off and he was innicent! it's a real shame that he has caused a serious injury to he's 'OWN' team mate - which could result in he's career being over.

It's time for clubs like Wigan (fair enough they're a medicore team and will battle it out for relegation) to stop signing all these dead beats from the NRL - over 30 should be a no go. They then compain about the salary cap when they have to release their young stars because they've gone for a quick fix with huge salaries.

Hopefully we're now seeing the death of Wigan rugby league, and i with many others will 'spit' on their grave when they've finally vanished into NL2.

fourplay

Juniors
I don't understand :S

How did Fletchers elbow on the opposition give his own teammate a detatched retina ?

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
fourplay said:
I don't understand :S

How did Fletchers elbow on the opposition give his own teammate a detatched retina ?

I have not seen it myself, but I would guess that Prescott was already holding Rooney as Fletcher came in with an elbow and caught Prescott on the follow through or at impact.

bartman

Immortal
Shades of Mick Cronin's detached retina in 1986, at the hands of one of his teammates... can't remember who did it now (Paul Mares?).

Re Flecther, I've picked up in the last few years as the wins for the teams he's in get further and further apart, that he's getting a bit niggly in his older age?

Rich

Juniors
bartman said:
Shades of Mick Cronin's detached retina in 1986, at the hands of one of his teammates... can't remember who did it now (Paul Mares?).

Mark Laurie.

Thirteen, issue 1, page 63

:D

Latest posts