What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BS 3 year plan

Trader

Juniors
I read BS's 3 year plan after losing the 2000 semi against the Broncos,it was the year D.Anderson had young players come through into the top grade.

The 3 year plan was to be a succesful run of years not a backward step in the clubs future.

BS take a leaf out of J.Lang selections and faith in the younger brigades.We have lost a number of young players to other clubs but have the courage like Lang to blood new players.

Armit and M.Witt weren't put in to the top grade because BS wanted to.The only reason was because of injuries in their positions.If Green or Vella and Cayless weren't injured then those two players would still be playing reserve grade or worse still would have left us to play for another club.

Give Tsoulos,Williams,Delanely etc... more game time in the top grade.

BS look how Waterhouse,Swain,Rodney,Pritchard etc... have performed,we need the HUNGER and ENTHUSIAM that young players provide.

If Vella or Wagon or Vaeliki or anyone needs to be dropped don't s--t your pants Smith,drop them and give a young,eager,hungry player a go.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
It sounded like a 3 year plan of BS....................and it was.

bartman

Immortal
Reading the Steve Witt thread has upset me a great deal.

How's this for a new BS three year plan starting now?

2004 - If Eels not performing by midway, Club starts chasing a new coach.

2005 - Smith moves aside to a "Coaching Coordinator" role (similar to Gould) while new coach takes over the reins of First Grade side.

2006 - With contract expired, Smith moves on, and new coach assumes full (official) control.

Under this plan there is no breach of contract, no ugly public relations issues for the Club, and a smooth transition for the players. Anyone know what Peter Sharp has planned half-way through next year?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Why is it that we can't feel even a little confident about 04 without people writing it of in October!! I mean Misty would you have called me friggen idiot if I said the Panthers were going to win the comp within 2 years in 01??...ofcourse you would of, so why can't believe that we can make a genuine threat a year after we were one win away from the playoffs??

half

Coach
if nathan hindmarsh moved to souths they would have the look of a top 8 team. and when you consider we also have burt and lyon in the backs and a group of forwards who could very well fire, there's no question we have the ability to win it all next season

a little luck and confidence should make a big difference

Stagger eel

Staff member
Thats right!! thats not to mention some of the players that could well make the step up and have a big year guys like John Williams, Tim Smith, Matt Lantry, Brett Delany, Ryan Hinchcliffe, Chris Armit, Justin Tsoulous, Josh Corboda, Sean Le' estrange and Nathen McMillon.

There's a slight look of Penrith about it.

Misty Bee

First Grade
eelavation said:
Why is it that we can't feel even a little confident about 04 without people writing it of in October!! I mean Misty would you have called me friggen idiot if I said the Panthers were going to win the comp within 2 years in 01??...ofcourse you would of, so why can't believe that we can make a genuine threat a year after we were one win away from the playoffs??

Back then the Panthers changed their coach to a better one. Parra haven't, so it's the same old same old.

If Smith can do it in 04, why not 03, 02, 01, 00, 99, 98 or 97?

Y2Eel

First Grade
Back then the Panthers changed their coach to a better one. Parra haven't, so it's the same old same old.

If Smith can do it in 04, why not 03, 02, 01, 00, 99, 98 or 97?[/quote]

the panthers team was almost the same as it was in 01 even lang thanked royce on the coaching he gave them and said it ended early for him.... same as bennett i guess if he did it in 93 why not 94 95 96?

half

Coach
in spite of our results of the past season, we do have a strong core of top first graders. it's freaky to think hindy and lyon will probably be even better. and as eelavation pointed out, our youngsters will provide more enthusiasm and depth to the club than we had this season

our chances may be better with another coach, but even with brain smith i believe we should re-emerge as the dominant force in the nrl

Chipmunk

Coach
bartman said:
Reading the Steve Witt thread has upset me a great deal.

How's this for a new BS three year plan starting now?

2004 - If Eels not performing by midway, Club starts chasing a new coach.

2005 - Smith moves aside to a "Coaching Coordinator" role (similar to Gould) while new coach takes over the reins of First Grade side.

2006 - With contract expired, Smith moves on, and new coach assumes full (official) control.

Under this plan there is no breach of contract, no ugly public relations issues for the Club, and a smooth transition for the players. Anyone know what Peter Sharp has planned half-way through next year?

I like the idea in principal, but I think the best thing is for the coach to move on. I dont think Sharp is the answer. I would like to see a new coach get a run and someone from outside the curent regime. Someone like Stuart Raper could be an option. I not sure of other lower grade coaches who are out there.

Trader

Juniors
Eelavation as much as we would love to see some new blood in the side with the young players you have mentioned,do think that BS would give them a crack in the top grade before the players he has bought to the club in 04.

I can't see him doing that as has been shown in the last few years.

Suitman

Post Whore
Hey Country Eel,

There are a load of violins around here for the Smith Defenders as well.

I'm all for giving him one more year, but that will then be 8.

How many chances are you willing to give him before you realise hye won't deliver us a Premiership??

I hope to god he does, but what is it in your mind that makes you think that after 7 years, he will??

I don't beilieve he can, so maybe it IS time to move forward.
As it stands, he will be here next year, so he will have my full support.

Suitman.

Aussiehurrikane

Juniors
ill give smith one more year, if we dont finish in the top 8 then he just has to go, i dont think we need to look for another coach, just use Jason taylor.

Trader

Juniors
It is not about just finishing in the 8,it's about premierships.We bombed it in 98,99 and 01.

I also can't see how things will change if our best chances of winning a comp. has slipped by.

Winning the comp. is the only thing that should save BS backside.

The greatest coaches of alltime in Jack Gibson would not coach a club for more than 3 years.

So BS with his updated contract has only and will only deliver an also ran club.

If any other club in the Comp. can win the Club Campionship 7 years on the trot,I would surely think they could have won at least one Comp. in those 7 years.Just ONE premiership.

Eelectrica

Referee
Trader said:
The greatest coaches of alltime in Jack Gibson would not coach a club for more than 3 years.
Wayne Bennet has been with the Broncos for 15 years now so I don't think that means a thing.

Suitman

Post Whore
Eelectrica said:
Trader said:
Wayne Bennet has been with the Broncos for 15 years now so I don't think that means a thing.

Lets spell it out for the dummies.

He has also delivered them 5 Premierships.

Suity

Trader

Juniors
I'm just saying what the GREATEST coaches of all time said and did not what the 2nd. best coach of all time is doing at the Broncos.

BS is not Gibbo and 7 years for him at 1 club is mayhem,the bloke can not get us the main trophy.

Latest posts