What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buderus linked with return to Newcastle

Costigans hands are average, his a bruiser in both attack and defence, let him play in the middle and smash blokes for 50 mins a match, between him, Snowden, Richie, and Tui thats the best front row rotation in the comp if they are firing.

Alex28

Coach
Is any one else concerned that in Snowden we have bought a guy who won't get over his back and neck injuries?

Very but worrying wont change it.

I'd like to think the club as with any signings would have put them through a physical before signing especially considering Snowdens problems were diagnosed prior to us getting him for quite a while, if we didn't and he has injuries as chronic as some have speculated then we are as bad as LOL @ SOUFFS.

billy2

Juniors
Is any one else concerned that in Snowden we have bought a guy who won't get over his back and neck injuries?
No.
I'm a bit concerned that he opted to play injured so it didn't look like he was dudding Cronulla after he signed for us, but it's in his character to play with injuries to help his side, and i suppose that's why we bought him, so we can't complain that he put his body on the line for his then team.

Burwood

Bench
Very but worrying wont change it.

I'd like to think the club as with any signings would have put them through a physical before signing especially considering Snowdens problems were diagnosed prior to us getting him for quite a while

We are the same "club" that signed Jason Culina...

perverse

Referee
yes, i'm more than a little concerned that this may end up the case. just have my fingers crossed on it.

Spot On

Coach
Costigans hands are average, his a bruiser in both attack and defence, let him play in the middle and smash blokes for 50 mins a match, between him, Snowden, Richie, and Tui thats the best front row rotation in the comp if they are firing.

Agree with this. We have better options in the backrow than Nev. Bennett some how won the comp with him in the frontrow. The Dragon's pack went down hill fast this season without Nev, Smith and Saffy. They were sorely missed. Surely he'd fit our rotation just fine esp if Snowden is fit.

Nev and Smith must be privately dirty on Gaz. I'd be pissed if i got the arse so a club could fork out a motza on their prodigal son only for him to decide to pull up stumps a year later. I privately doubt we have seen the last of Gasnier in red and white.

Yosh

Coach
Nev and Smith must be privately dirty on Gaz. I'd be pissed if i got the arse so a club could fork out a motza on their prodigal son only for him to decide to pull up stumps a year later. I privately doubt we have seen the last of Gasnier in red and white.

Hope it's the last we've seen of him in the sky blue...

Bicey_18

Bench
Leeds prepare for Buderus' exit

English Super League side Leeds are preparing for the departure of veteran Australian Danny Buderus by signing up young hookers Paul McShane and Liam Hood on new four-year deals.
The 33-year-old Buderus has a year left on his contract but is considering an offer to return to his former club the Newcastle Knights.
McShane, 21, spent time on loan at Hull last season and has made just three starts in the Super League this year.
"This time last year I thought I would haveto go out on loan to get game time with Matt Diskin and Danny Buderus at the club," he said.
"But when Matt moved on to Bradford, that gave me an opportunity and I am really pleased to have got 18 games under my belt so far this season.
"I was a little shocked when the club offered me a new four-year deal as I had a year to go but the faith they have shown in me has given me a big boost."
Hood, 19, who has yet to make his Super League debut, said: "I love being here and never wanted to join anyone else and hopefully I can get a shot at the first team next season."

http://www.nrl.com/leeds-prepare-for-buderus-exit/tabid/10874/newsid/65047/default.aspx

Yosh

Coach
It's all coming together... Excellent... (Yosh strokes his cat... and by writing this invites all sorts of personal attacks)

Joker's Wild

Coach
So do you guys reckon this means we will see Kidley in the halves in 2012?

With Hilder re-signed for the next 2 seasons and Bedsey coming on board, it looks like we have a decent hooking rotation in place

billy2

Juniors
I don't think we can assume Bennett will stick to the roles Smith and Stone gave to our players.
Buderus will be hooker, but Gidley, Hilder, Mullen, Boyd, Mata'utia, Wes and even forwards like Edwards, Costigan and Housten could be used in completely different roles.

Big Tim

First Grade
Still hard to say IMO. Bennett may have other plans for hilder besides leaving him in the hooker rotation.

He also used 3 hookers at the Dragons this year in Fein, Young and Rein quite regularly.

Doesnt hurt to have a solid player like Waltzing around filling holes.