What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buderus linked with return to Newcastle

sneaky_is_here

Juniors
His our Young without as much size I guess. Bar injuries you would think he would be filing those holes in the positions of Hooker or Lock.

Spot On

Coach
1. Boyd
6. Mullen
7. Gidley
9. Bedsy

14. Hilder

...Man, we're the Dragons...

That's where my money would go. Good depth with Stig and Roberts as well. Really looking forward to see what Bennett does with this squad now. An excellent pack, excellent back three, strong bench and depth, centres seem solid, but.......... the halves need to bring it all together. Can't wait.

Rolla

Juniors
1. Boyd
6. Mullen
7. Gidley
9. Bedsy

14. Hilder

...Man, we're the Dragons...

I am starting to lean towards this too. Stig was pretty underwhelming after his first few games and mullen is showing more and more every week that he needs a dominant half next to him. For all his flaws one thing gids does well is get busy and take pressure off mullen, if WB can put method to his madness than he could turn out a much better version of hornby (i know its been said a thousand times). With that spine there is enough polish (mullen/boyd) outside gids for him to keep it simple and play to his strengths.

On paper that spine looks brilliant, the trick will be getting them all firing consistantly (bedsy's age, Mullo's Brain, Gidleys ability) but all the tools are there and we have the best carpenter since Jesus so i don't see why it can't happen.

I need to relax, bit too excited for this early in the pre season.

Serc

First Grade
I'm not sure how the balance of playmakers/the spine is supposed to work in a team...but you could have Bedsy (hooker) and Gidley (playing his game, not a halfbacks game) in and around the ruck area, and Mullen and Boyd out wide/2nd receiver.

Latest posts