What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

buderus out of country side

First Grade
anyone know if he is injured?
cant post the link from the nrl website as i dont have enough post yet but just read it on there.

perverse

Referee
i'm sure he'll be fine for our match against the Panthers, wink wink.

they are being absolute f**kwits picking him for Country. what the f**k can he possibly have left to prove? take the week off, Bedsy. you've more than earned it, and NSW don't even realise it'll be better to have you fresher in a few weeks than to play you in a mickey mouse game which is a little insulting to your stature in the game.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Selecting him in the country side was the CRL and Daleys way of trying to save face and not look to be caving to that upstart Qlder Uncle Wayne. In reality they have made themselves look silly and will bring down again the whole argument that the CvC match has become obsolete, which I cannot argue with atm despite loving the game myself.

It needs to be treated as a genuine selection trial for positions under serious contention, getting players together under a common banner in preparation. Unfortunately its become a weekend away to the country with an opposed session thrown in. A real shame imo

Spot On

Coach
Sorry to rock the boat, and I know many league fans in NSW like the fixture but it is a waste of f**king time. If the blokes who really stand out and have blinders aren't picked for NSW then what is the point of it?

IanG

Coach
An Achilles problem apparently. They also said he was in Adelaide and he rang Loz from there

Yosh

Coach
Lol. Only good news for us. Wonder if he injured himself bush walking Adeladie National Park.

perverse

Referee
It needs to be treated as a genuine selection trial for positions under serious contention, getting players together under a common banner in preparation. Unfortunately its become a weekend away to the country with an opposed session thrown in. A real shame imo
this. it should be a selection trial for contentious positions - for fringe blokes looking to stake a claim. it shouldn't have any bearing on a 34y.o war horse that has earned so many stripes that we've run out of room on his vest to pin them on. he has nothing left to prove to anyone.

as Wayne said, you know what Bedsy is going to bring. he's been bringing it for over 10 years, and making him play in this match is just arbitrary nonsense.

i do like the CvC game, but it has been woefully mistreated.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Good news for us really, the last thing we need is for him to get burnt out playing a game that really doesn't have much of a bearing on anything.

If anything I would have thought that NSW would want to use this as a selection trial for a couple of younger hookers for Country. If indeed Bedsy does get selected as NSW no.9 then surely it would be his last series (not even banking on him staying on for us again next year at this stage, regardless of what the media says) and this means they can maybe groom a new hooker to take over for NSW next year (maybe Hinchcliffe or Rein) Not that Ennis or Farah are out of the picture by any means but neither has been impressive at all this year and in my books Farah managed to play himself out of a Blues jersey a couple of years ago with some very soft defense.

The fact that Ennis didn't even get selected after Bedsy pulled out shows that he must either be out of favour for NSW due to poor form, or possibly injured, or is a dead cert for the NSW spot and they decided they didn't need to play him country (the third option is very unlikely though)

Bedsy will be NSW hooker. At 34 he could well be the series talisman for us. Ennis has had his day. Hinchcliffe or Rein after Beds next year.

eozsmiles

Bench
The problem with this situation is that it sounds like Danny has an ongoing problem that won't be fixed up in 2 weeks. At 34 he probably manages it heavily and sits out a training session or two early in the week. Plenty of players do that at club level. But when you only have 10 days to get a team ready you need to get every training session in.
The NSW selectors will want to know if he can train all week with the squad because if he plays he will be very bloody important.

Coastbloke

Bench
I happen to like City vs Country - Just putting it out there..

I don't like to think of it as a SOO selection anymore, but you look at the teams and how many times does the likes Mudgee, Dubbo, Coffs, Port etc etc get to see those players live in action..

It's a promotion and a good one at that..Gives a chance for the little ones to see their heroes in action..

Yes, Bedsy doesn't need to prove his place in Origin, but jeez mate, the kids in Mudgee would love to have seen you..

QLD should have a similar match..Friday night double header and the Test match on Saturday night..

IanG

Coach

I don't like to think of it as a SOO selection anymore, but you look at the teams and how many times does the likes Mudgee, Dubbo, Coffs, Port etc etc get to see those players live in action..
It's a promotion and a good one at that..Gives a chance for the little ones to see their heroes in action..

Yes, Bedsy doesn't need to prove his place in Origin, but jeez mate, the kids in Mudgee would love to have seen you..

QLD should have a similar match..Friday night double header and the Test match on Saturday night..

Probably once a year if they're lucky. That's also counting pre season trial games

Spot On

Coach

They're too smart for that.

Alex28

Coach
Country are saying today that they want him banned from the Knights next match due to missing CvC.

He's injured!

Seriously...what's the point of banning him from a match a week after the match he missed? What is it going to prove?