What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buderus To Quit Knights

Bicey_18

Bench
Why not go after Stuart Fielden? Would be a great acquistion to the pack...

Just for you Chino lol

chinorocks

Juniors
Bicey_18 said:

Just for you Chino lol

I'm not suggesting we shouldn't sign him. There was a guy who used to post on here who mentioned that we should sign Fielden in EVERY single post in EVERY single topic for about 2 months, based on absolutely nothing other than his desire to have him at the club. What I'm saying is, suggesting we sign players we have no hope of signing gets very tedious very fast.

For instance, I think we should use the Buderus, McDougall cash to sign Jonathan Thurston. There combined money would be roughly enough, so we should sign him. Apparently its that simple.

otori

Juniors
While Fielden is unlikely to come to Australia, sending a scout to the ESL would not be a bad idea IMHO. The Tiggles have a bloke coming down to play this year from England that's got pretty good raps and he wasn't asking too much money either. Second rower I think he was.

So yeah I know people are getting pissed off about signings that won't happen but I drool at the thought of Leon Pryce playing centre for the Knights. The try he scored for Britain at the test in Brissy was f**king incredible.

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
chinorocks said:
Collis would be a great pickup. He's great at setting up his winger which with Vuna and Uate would be invaluable to our side. Sucks we don't have Midley anymore he could have been lethal with that type of pace outside him instead of the Hall's, Quinn's etc he's had since Tahu left.

Matt Cooper would almost definately not come to the club and even if he did i don't think he's worth anywhere near what we would have to pay. Granted he's a great defender, but for 350k+ I don't think he offers enough overall.

Of the young guys both Stanley and Lawrence would be great, but we'd probably have to pay overs to pry them from their current clubs, and there yet to prove their consistently worth big money.

As for Tupou, we have heaps of backrowers and the money he wants is ridiculous. How he keeps getting picked in rep teams is beyond me, when he only seems to play 3 or 4 great games a year.

That's who I think we should be chasing, or even Ben Pomeroy. But are they off contract?

Bicey_18 said:

Just for you Chino lol
Fielden has already said he will not be playing in the NRL. Our dollar to the pound is sh*te so why would he? He is signed to Wigan for the next 3 years anyway. We are going after a top class back if you believe the press. I suggested Fielden two seasons ago and got shot down for it. He is past his best anyway. My money is on Matt Cooper.

perverse

Referee
Newie is God's Country said:
Fielden has already said he will not be playing in the NRL. Our dollar to the pound is sh*te so why would he? He is signed to Wigan for the next 3 years anyway. We are going after a top class back if you believe the press. I suggested Fielden two seasons ago and got shot down for it. He is past his best anyway. My money is on Matt Cooper.
the real question is.. if we're going after a player of such high calibre.. why haven't we heard all about it from danny 'the dribbler' weidler... or anyone else in the press? it's usually bloody hard to keep a lid on such things these days.

~knights~

Juniors

Omg !!

like we need another dragons player,lol

He will be right at home with the other boys

Matt23

Staff member
Cooper will either stay with the Drag queens or move to the ESL, we're no hope, not that I'd want him anyways.

Frederick

Staff member
What about Isaac Luke? He's having an absolutely fantastic game for Souths tonight, carving up the Roosters at will. Anyone know what his contract status is?

Bicey_18

Bench

Mate read the white text ;-)

I bought up the Fielden thing as a joke

otori

Juniors
Frederick said:
What about Isaac Luke? He's having an absolutely fantastic game for Souths tonight, carving up the Roosters at will. Anyone know what his contract status is?

I thought the resigned Luke at the end of last year after he had a few ripper games. We'd have to really offer some money and incentives to lure him away from Souths. I mean they have Rusty and we have ... *cough*

Pumba

First Grade
Frederick said:

Signed a 3 year extension just before the season kick off.

Latest posts