What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buderus?

Alex28

Coach
A funny thing popped up on Steve Mascord's Twitter feed this morning...

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=19746964&blogId=534542583
A Newcastle source, meanwhile, says: “If Buderus wants to come back, we’d love to have him. We have the money under the cap, a lot of injuries at the moment and Danny would be a perfect fit for this club given his experience.”

I don't see this as a perfect fit at all. De Gois isn't out long-term. Why would we need him back (unless it was in a mentoring/coaching capacity)?

roopy

Referee
We only have one firstgrade standard hooker and he is injured - so Bedsy would be a good fit right now.

I've watched a few ESL games and the way Leeds are using him would work for us.

He is their bench hooker and gamebreaker. He delivers the great impact we know he can produce for 30 or 40 minutes a game. That would work for us too.

Would undermine De Gois too much for mine, Hilder's there if we need him, lets not irritate arguably our best player if we dont have too.

macavity

Referee
De Gois has been massively down on form this year, and Stone has shown he doesn't want to use him as an 80min player.

Would love for Bedsy to get a cameo swansong here - think of the roar he would get trotting back on to EAS.

Alex28

Coach
De Gois hasn't been that far down on form this year - not playing him for 80 minutes may very well be undermining him as it is. Bringing back a past player for a few months at best whose best form is well behind him is going to further undermine him.

De Gois is an important part of our future and it is vital we work on developing him rather than doing stuff like this.

Let's look at making mid-season purchases that will benefit the club for years to come rather than wasting money on a glorified old boy's farewell tour.

We don't need Bedsy. He was and is a champion bloke and player but we must move on. De Gois we must stick with and show faith in. Mascord is a rogue reporter now. I think he has lost a lot of credibility of recent times.

Nuffy

Bench
Bring the great man back this season, he'd be worth 2-3k through the turnstiles and add some on field leadership to the team.

The club needs to do whats best for the team, not de Gois and Danny may be the steadying factor we need.

Give the balance of the year to see what he can do, then make a judgement beyond that............... or move him into an off field leadership role.

Burro............ make it happen.

Jono078

Referee
8 Cross
9 De Gois / Buderus
10 Taufua / Simpson
11 Simpson / Taia
12 Paterson
13 Buderus / Taufua

He hasn't been playing at a great standard in England though.

Johns Magic

Referee
Yeah can anyone actually give a summary of how he's been going in the ESL? His body was too old in his last year here, I can't imagine it's got much better.

Seen him play in the WCC, he just reeked of has been'ss, I'd rarely hate him to come back here and tarnish what was a stirling career in the NRL.

Serc

First Grade
I'd heard that Bedsy has been playing ok over there...nothing too flash. And thats in their comp too.

Sure De Gois hasn't been setting the world on fire so far this year, but he was pretty fantastic last year so I'm happy to give him the benefit of the doubt for a little while yet. Lets see how he goes upon his return after the bye (ie: our next game after this week against the Tigers)

roopy

Referee
It's hard to say how his form over there would translate to here.
Basically, he is coming on against tired players as a bench hooker and trying to make an impact with his own running game.
People know he will be running, so they put a couple of defenders on him, and he doesn't have the impact you think he would.
Having said that, with a bit of tweaking we could use that game plan here very successfully. We know he could come on for 30 minutes and tighten up the defence and give us impact in attack when everyone is tired. It's unrealistic to think he could still do that for 80 - but De Gois going hard for 50 and Bedsy for 30 would give us quality dummy half work and middle of the park defense for 80 minutes.
I don't think we should pay him the sort of money he used to get, but if he wanted to play for benchie money, he would be a bargain and a match winner.

Yosh

Coach
Well considering only 2 of our players give it a go week in week out, it could help alot having Bedsy back in and around the squad, mentoring and tutoring the team. He was the king of having a dig and hopefully it'll rub off on the team. That's how I look at it...

perverse

Referee
Well considering only 2 of our players give it a go week in week out, it could help alot having Bedsy back in and around the squad, mentoring and tutoring the team. He was the king of having a dig and hopefully it'll rub off on the team. That's how I look at it...
this is the only reason i would want him back - to try and get some novocastrian pride to rub off on these boys.

having said that, there's a chance that the past 3 weeks could be a decent catalyst for improved effort for the rest of the year. baby steps...

roopy

Referee
He isn't the same guy who tried his guts out for 80 minutes every week while the rest of our guys let him, and we shouldn't be looking for that from him, because he can't and shouldn't do that again.
He is a guy who could turn games around with 30 minutes of quality effort at the times we are now going badly.
Bedsy at Leeds is what we are looking at - not super Bedsy from 5 years ago - he's dead and buried.

people in here are saying that the Bedsy thats running around for LEEDS isnt the same Bedsy that played here for us. Of course he wouldnt be! He's in a team thats winning all the time wether he's having a s*** game or not anyway plus he's not gonna have anywhere near the same passion for the Rhinos as he did for the Knights.

If he's up for it I'd love to have him back, play him off the bench or something, I think he would be the best super-sub we ever had! haha

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
The Buderus ship has sailed. There is no way he will be coming back. Plus he'd be insane to come back, unless life after football doesn't mean to much to him. His body will be stuffed as it is. Another year in the NRL and he'll really be sucking the marrow out of the bone.