What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buderus...

Is Buderus overrated?

• Total voters

~bedsy~

First Grade
As has been said Buderus, Wing and Priddis all play a different style of Hooker... which to me means they are all great Hookers... Buderus is not over-rated, but he is deffinatly not under-rated... he made the rep sides as he is a great Hooker.
He is great for Newcastle, NSW and Australia.
Yes I may seem a little bias, however I try to be fair to other players... I do agree that this yr Priddis has played a greater style and has proven it. But I don't agree that any of these players are over-rated.

knights 2004

Juniors
buderus is a gun player. he carves up.
yes priddis is good too but ppl are only lovin him right now coz he ended the season heaps good.
wing is a good impact palyer off the bench, but hes not as good for full 80mins as buds is.

you just havent seen buds in a while.....
coz his team sucks at the moment and didnt make very fa into finals hehehe.

but we'll be back......

Anonymous

Juniors
I don't think Buderus is over-rated, but IMO Priddis and Wing are just as good.

It won't matter soon enough.

Cameron Smith will shit all over every other hooker in the game soon enough. :D

The_Savage_1

Juniors
overall

wing
buderus
priddis

this year

wing
priddis
buderus

and i think he is overrated (buds).

priddis has played well all year, not just the end

and also, i think priddis and buderus play a very similar style of hooker, i'd be interested to hear the differences between them from the people who have been saying they are all different hookers.

Big Tim

First Grade
I would join this argument, but it would be useless cos I would be "biased". Needless to say I did vote, and a fair percentage of you are crazy.

Matt23

Staff member
This is a sour grapes poll, i'm still waiting for another "Is Joey overated" poll...it is the offseason :roll:

thomo

Juniors
While I think Wing may have just shaded him this year I think Buderus is the best hooker in the world based on the past few seasons. I'd rank Buderus first followed by Wing and then a toss up between Priddis and Swain.

anjado

Juniors
Priddis has been outstanding all season
and he should be getting accolades
even if he wasnt the churchill medalist
he was one of the main reasons penrith got into the grand final
so to the people who said he only had a good end to the season
you musnt have seen to many penrith games this season
i wouldnt swap him for any dummy half in the world

Priddo

Juniors
Matt23 said:
This is a sour grapes poll, i'm still waiting for another "Is Joey overated" poll...it is the offseason :roll:

thats the idea of my next poll :D ......

by the way this wasn't just to debate my point of priddis being best etc...i just wanted to know how many thought he was overrated.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
The_Savage_1 said:
I think priddis and buderus play a very similar style of hooker, i'd be interested to hear the differences between them from the people who have been saying they are all different hookers.

I would agree Buderus and Priddis do play a similar and IMO the correct style of hooker. Must must be able to dominate a one on one tackle consistantly against forwards. These guys do that well considering they are smaller. Good hands, can kick, will catch slack markers out by darting away.

Most importantly they usually take the ruck the right way, these two stand out here - better than the rest. The most under-rated skill of a hooker, and one Wing is yet to master.

IMO Wing would be a great fullback - reminds me of Terry Lamb only quicker - put him anywhere and he'll cause havoc.

The_Savage_1

Juniors
Mr Angry said:
Most importantly they usually take the ruck the right way, these two stand out here - better than the rest. The most under-rated skill of a hooker, and one Wing is yet to master.

i actually think cam smith has the best "service" of all the hookers in the NRL

socksie

Juniors
buderus is a great passer, he can see gaps where others dont, he knows when his markers are fat and lazy, he comes close to topping the tackle count in most matches he plays, hardly a mistake, plays for nsw and the whole goddamn country of course he's good and he's not overrated

priddis is good and had a great GF but didnt play as well in come club games. some passes out of dummy half just fell on the ground

wing is an all-rounder. not definitely a hooker

Priddo

Juniors
blue and red socks said:
buderus is a great passer, he can see gaps where others dont, he knows when his markers are fat and lazy, he comes close to topping the tackle count in most matches he plays, hardly a mistake, plays for nsw and the whole goddamn country of course he's good and he's not overrated

priddis is good and had a great GF but didnt play as well in come club games. some passes out of dummy half just fell on the ground

wing is an all-rounder. not definitely a hooker

Priddis made like 45 tackles in the grand final and was a top 5 tackler all year, so he is a good defender. PLayed every minute for us, including the extra time game.....and where are these passes falling to ground?...i don't recall passes falling to ground. Priddis also knows when the markers are lazy and or slow and or not square ala the grand final first try.......also priddis has played half-back for us once and did a good job so he must have some sort of vision etc......Priddis can also kick which is good (can buderus kick, im not sure).

socksie

Juniors
Priddo said:
Priddis made like 45 tackles in the grand final and was a top 5 tackler all year, so he is a good defender. PLayed every minute for us, including the extra time game.....and where are these passes falling to ground?...i don't recall passes falling to ground. Priddis also knows when the markers are lazy and or slow and or not square ala the grand final first try.......also priddis has played half-back for us once and did a good job so he must have some sort of vision etc......Priddis can also kick which is good (can buderus kick, im not sure).

im not saying he's not good
of course he's good if he's a clive churchill medal winner

im just saying danny buderus has been hooker for his state and country for how many years running and priddis isnt for a reason

quick sticks

Juniors
No way is he overrated if anything he still has some of his best footy to come i think. Now Johns is starting to wind down Buderus has to take a much bigger leadership role in the knights and this will make him a better player. Also would make a very good replacement as captain of the Knights when Joey retires.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Overrated? YES!!!

The channel 9 commentary team crap on about how magnificent he is, like the do with other players, and he that good. Without Johns, Buderus doesn't do much. I support a neutral club, and can tell you i would rather have Priddis or Wing at hooker over Buderus any day!

antonius

Coach
tiger pride said:
Overrated? YES!!!

The channel 9 commentary team crap on about how magnificent he is, like the do with other players, and he that good. Without Johns, Buderus doesn't do much. I support a neutral club, and can tell you i would rather have Priddis or Wing at hooker over Buderus any day!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Yes Australia went really well when Buderus was replaced in todays test didn't they? :shock: :shock: :? :?

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
i think its close, but out of the three i must say i rank them like

Wing
Priddis
Buderus

Very close contest

all-knight

Juniors
Overrated? YES!!!

The channel 9 commentary team crap on about how magnificent he is, like the do with other players, and he that good. Without Johns, Buderus doesn't do much.

rrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhtttttttttttttttt!!! :roll:

you cant be serious?? tell me ur not!! after todays test match, with buderus off, you can seriously say that? buderus is a top player and is all class!! i can even say what i want to say coz im so shocked that ANYBODY would even question buderus' ability!!, actually, in all honesty i feel sick!! not happy jan!! :evil: :evil: :shock:

Alan Shore

First Grade
Roosterphin said:
Tamazoid said:
Priddis shits over Buderus, and outplayed Wing in the GF.

The Grand final was one game Tamazoid. In fairness wing was playing with a beaten pack.

Over the whole season Wing was so much better than Priddis it wasnt funnt

True. While I may not have implied it, I think Priddis and Wing are the top two, and I'd love to have either in my team.