What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

buderus

keeney

First Grade
does anyone else think its ludicrous that the captain,a genuine 80 minute player should spend so much time off the field to accomidate for goulds lap dog, who 1 is nowhere near teh palyer buderus is, and 2 is a shadow of his 2003 form. I'm glad gould is gone, maybe next year danny's captaincy will be legitimate

antonius

Coach
Buderus was a class act as NSW Captain. Gould had to fit Wing in somewhere, he was obliged to.

Kaz

junior
If I wasn't a league fan, I would have thought that Fittler was the captain in the 2nd & 3rd Origin games.

NPK

Bench
hehehe
Fittler and Price both were querying the ref. Even though they are their club captains, they weren't the Origin captains.

chooky

Juniors
keeney said:
does anyone else think its ludicrous that the captain,a genuine 80 minute player should spend so much time off the field to accomidate for goulds lap dog, who 1 is nowhere near teh palyer buderus is, and 2 is a shadow of his 2003 form. I'm glad gould is gone, maybe next year danny's captaincy will be legitimate

get over it! didn't you notice the impact Wing had on the game when her came on after 30mins! The intensity wore off when buderus came back on!

antonius

Coach
chooky said:
keeney said:

get over it! didn't you notice the impact Wing had on the game when her came on after 30mins! The intensity wore off when buderus came back on!
Yeh yeh, Wing was fantastic, we couldn't have won without him, brilliant move by Gould, blah blah blah, we've heard it all before.... a million times, Wing is the next great thing at Hooker, Buderus is only keeping the spot warm for Wing. The Wing for state and Australian hooker movement started about 2 years ago and is still spluttering along, and Buderus is still State and Australian Hooker, and has moved along to State captain to boot. But like you said Wing really turned the game on it's head when he made his entry onto the field. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Roosterphin

Juniors
antonius said:
chooky said:
keeney said:

Yeh yeh, Wing was fantastic, we couldn't have won without him, brilliant move by Gould, blah blah blah, we've heard it all before.... a million times, Wing is the next great thing at Hooker, Buderus is only keeping the spot warm for Wing. The Wing for state and Australian hooker movement started about 2 years ago and is still spluttering along, and Buderus is still State and Australian Hooker, and has moved along to State captain to boot. But like you said Wing really turned the game on it's head when he made his entry onto the field. :roll: :roll: :roll:

You really have no idea at all.....anyone could see that when wing came on the tempo lifted and NSW went up a gear. Put two tries past us in fact. Why cant people on here just acknowledge a Rooster player for a positive impact?????

antonius

Coach
Roosterphin said:
antonius said:
chooky said:
keeney said:

You really have no idea at all.....anyone could see that when wing came on the tempo lifted and NSW went up a gear. Put two tries past us in fact. Why cant people on here just acknowledge a Rooster player for a positive impact?????
I'm agreeing with you.

budz

Juniors
I thought it was a really good move by Gould to bring on Wing so early on. When Buderus was questioning the ref once u could hear how buggered he was anyway. He couldnt get the words out cause he could hardly breathe. And Wing finally made an impact. I think he played well below his standards in the first 2 games.

Kid

Juniors
budz said:
I thought it was a really good move by Gould to bring on Wing so early on. When Buderus was questioning the ref once u could hear how buggered he was anyway. He couldnt get the words out cause he could hardly breathe. And Wing finally made an impact. I think he played well below his standards in the first 2 games.
I agree, he was definately way below his best, but bounced back very strongly last night. I also think we never saw the best of Buderus through the series, possibly to do with the captaincy, or maybe the different combinations around him.

~bedsy~

First Grade
Kid said:
budz said:
I agree, he was definately way below his best, but bounced back very strongly last night. I also think we never saw the best of Buderus through the series, possibly to do with the captaincy, or maybe the different combinations around him.
I do agree with that Budz.
Kid Buderus did what he normally does on a feild and thats try his heart out. I know Wing can be a great player... however he didn't need to have Buderus off the feild for that amount of time. He is the best Hooker in our game today... closely followed by Smith. Wing is a different Hooker to Buderus, that's why it looked like he did more.

chooky

Juniors
antonius said:
chooky said:
keeney said:

now here is a man who see's it as it is! :lol:

Red Bear

Referee
Wing was great last night, to be honest i didnt notice buderus much last night but Wing was doing alot and killed it out there.

princessjen

Juniors
Wing played well but Buderus is a better hooker. Wing shouldn't have had as much time in the hooker position as he did. If Gould wanted to leave him on for as long as he did, thats ok, but not in the same position. Buderus is quite capable of doing 80 mins (which he obviously didn't need to do with Wing there) but did he really have to be off for so long? Somebody else could have gone off and Wing could have taken their position.
If Gould was going to have Buderus off for so long, why did he even bother having him as captain. It was quite obvious that Fittler was his #1 player. If he had have named Fittler as captain there would have been no harm done, but when he names Buderus captain but acts like Freddy is the captain....i think thats really unfair to Buderus.
But you know thats just my opinion. :D

~bedsy~

First Grade
princessjen said:
If Gould was going to have Buderus off for so long, why did he even bother having him as captain. It was quite obvious that Fittler was his #1 player. If he had have named Fittler as captain there would have been no harm done, but when he names Buderus captain but acts like Freddy is the captain....i think thats really unfair to Buderus.
But you know thats just my opinion. :D
Filtter was offered the Captaincy by Gus... however Fittler being the good man he is said NO. He went to Danny and told him he deserves to keep the Capatincy and has earned it and has done a good job.