What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buffallo Bills

Mzilikazi

Juniors
It's official, the Eels are the NRL's version of the Buffallo Bills - perennial chokers.

How on earth could they get so far and then play so badly.

If I was the CEO of St George or the Eels I'd be thinking the same of my coach as the Manly club thinks of Monaghan.

Not the man to take you deep into the play-offs.

Mr Saab

Referee
i wouldnt go that far.
The eels didnt make 4 straight GFs like the Bills.
The eels are like the Pittsburgh Steelers of 2004/5. They had a rookie 1/4 back, had a great season, but lost in the game previous to the superbowl.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I guess we'll always be until proven other wise, but there still isn't a better feeling than being an eels supporter, I'll always maintain that.

fish eel

Immortal
Its pretty hard to argue with the fact we choked yesterday, but hey, most of us have become pretty battlehardened over the years.

The Colonel

Immortal
Mzilikazi said:
It's official, the Eels are the NRL's version of the Buffallo Bills - perennial chokers.

How on earth could they get so far and then play so badly.

If I was the CEO of St George or the Eels I'd be thinking the same of my coach as the Manly club thinks of Monaghan.

Picked up another one of those out Manly way as well haven't you?

We may have choked but our GF choking record is a lot better than yours.....

B.L.L.G

Retired
dragons.jpg

Let's not forget that the Cowboys had 9 start and are made up of mainly 2nd rate B grade players.

The Nth QLD Cowboys are actually the Broncos scrap heap pile.

What about the SMOKED EELS eh? Not one point! They couldn't score one point.

What can we put that down to?

Parra still haven't recovered from what the Knights did to them in 2001

smokedeel.jpg

The Colonel

Immortal
Mzilikazi said:
At least Manly makes the odd Grand Final.

You've had the best team on so many occassions and fallen at the last hurdle in Grand Finals. Newcastle and the Dogs, Parramatta twice while you've managed to roll over two teams who probably were happy just to be there in 96 and 87. While you might make them your record is no better.....

strider

Post Whore
Mzilikazi said:

Because of course Matt Orford took the Storm all the way eh?!.....ohhh, hang on - maybe not.

Between Orford and Monas you should be in for another failure of a season :clap:

shiftysmith

Juniors
eelavation said:
I guess we'll always be until proven other wise, but there still isn't a better feeling than being an eels supporter, I'll always maintain that.
:clap: :clap: :clap: could not agree more i love loving the eels no matter how much they hurt me