What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Building leg muscle without weights

WOTBEH

Juniors
Hello.

I don't have time for the gym, so I need to work my legs. I want to bulk them, what is the best way without the gym and weights?

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Find a small ledge hang your heels off it and do calf raises for your calves.

Not to sure how you could do the rest of your legs without weights unless you ride a bike or something.

Snoochies

First Grade
Without a progressive overload there is only so much you'll be able to do if you want to bulk.

And if you don't have time for the gym how are you going to have time to get the results you want.

WOTBEH

Juniors
Sorry for spam, but is it ok to to cardio after dinner? I couldn't wait and was hungry.

WOTBEH

Juniors
Without a progressive overload there is only so much you'll be able to do if you want to bulk.

And if you don't have time for the gym how are you going to have time to get the results you want.

Well truth is, I have time for the gym but I don't want to go because my legs shake when I try and lift.

):

Well truth is, I have time for the gym but I don't want to go because my legs shake when I try and lift.

):

Dude......... If thats the case lift lighter so your legs start to shake and fail towards your last few reps. Dont just give up and look for an easy way out. There is no such thing as an easy way with getting fit mate.

Sorry for spam, but is it ok to to cardio after dinner? I couldn't wait and was hungry.

It's not going to kill you. You may feel a bit uncomfortable in the guts though or you may vomit depending on the intensity.

Personally I like to give it 2 hours after a main meal for cardio, maybe half hr to an hr if I have just had a snack. For resistance training it doesn't really matter for me.

Thomas

First Grade
I prefer to do cardio on an empty stomach. I certainly couldn't do it after dinner.

Yeah I do most of my training in the afternoon so I have fueled my body throughout the day. Friday mornings ill do HIIT but will always have breakfast 90min before. I find there is no point in me training in the morning if I havnt fueled up and hydrated properly as my performance will be hindered. But yeah I never go right after eating it has to settle first.

Snoochies

First Grade

):

As many have suggested here, maybe Stronglifts 5 X 5 or Starting Strength programs are the go for you. You will see some good gains very quickly as long as you are progressively lifting more each workout.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Nobody at the gym gives a f**k about what you are lifting or what you look like. I might roll my eyes if you do something really dumb but if I see a guy or gal starting with an empty bar I think good on them.

I started with just an empty bar. I am sure many other people did as well.

I mean obviously no more than you would be judged walking down the street.

Realistically with a good 6-12 months of lifting focusing entirely on strength you can easily get to a novice standard for your weight which would put you ahead of probably 90 percent of the population.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Also the best workout you can do to get bigger is the curl your fork into your mouth.

Basically

1. eat a food
2. Lift a weight

success