What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs announce new logo for 2010

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Bulldogs New Logo Announced
A few weeks ago it was announced the Bulldogs would have a new logo in 2010. Bulldogs Members were asked to vote on two designs the winning design was this:
http://www.nospam25.com.au/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=13896&stc=1&d=1239619473
There are six key elements featured in the designs of the logo:

• The year the Club was established - 1935
  • The CB logo that represents where we were established was worn for 38 years (from 1935 to 1972)
  • The Bulldog Logo that represents the living creature from which we are named which was worn for 24 years (from 1973 to 1996
  • The Blue V's design that was the design of our jersey for 44 years (from 1963 to 1969, 1973 to present
  • The Shield represent a symbol of strong cover for when one attacks or defends as well as that of solidarity and structure
  • The word mark is clean, crisp and fresh; reflecting the values of the club especially responsible and trustworthy
The new logo will officially be commissioned into use in November this year.

Source: member email

Dogaholic

First Grade
Nice. Although I would prefer if the Bulldog was showing some teeth.

Considering the logo we have this is a massive improvement

Dogs Of War

Coach
Geez, I think the Bulldogs are going to sell heaps of Jerseys next year with the new logo, will easily be the best selling jersey. Hopefully they also look at the Jersey design, and take it back to a 1995 style look.

Timmah

Staff member
We're due for a refresh, hopefully they square up the Vee as you said DoW...

Bulldog Force

Referee
I would've preferred the Berries stripes, but I suppose this one is pretty good too. It'll make our Berries stripe more unique as the Berries design is not in the logo.

Also, I would've preferred if the Bulldog in the design looked like this one from our old logo:

canterbury_1988.jpg

bulldog

Bench
Agreed BF, love the old Bulldog logo, but this is a massive improvement over the current one anyway.

It's not bad. I don't know if it needs those grey parts on the Bulldog. The logo has a lot going on and does not really need that.

Timmah

Staff member
Deadset we've got some closet 'Dogs fans in the Saints camp :lol:

Bulldog Force

Referee
This is what I would've gone with. Old Bulldog from the old 80s logo, plus the Berries background! I think it would've looked awesome in the Heritage round!

cbberriesbulldogs.jpg

Timmah

Staff member
Why the Berries background though?

I don't understand the premise, our home jersey is no longer the stripes and hasn't been for 40-50 odd years. The throwback to heritage in the logo is the CB.

By law they are unable to use the 1976-97 logo that you've pasted across as it remains the intellectual property of the ARL.

Dogaholic

First Grade

I don't understand the premise, our home jersey is no longer the stripes and hasn't been for 40-50 odd years. The throwback to heritage in the logo is the CB.

By law they are unable to use the 1976-97 logo that you've pasted across as it remains the intellectual property of the ARL.

Yeah, that is true. If the game is ever going to move forward people need to get over the whole ARL/SL thing.

Dogs should be given the intellectual rights to the all logo's that they have used previously.

Wont happen though and it is the very reason why we will continue to shoot ourselves in the foot (the game that is).

By the way Bulldogs Force. Can you possibly create a GIF image flicking between what was the two potential designs (The V and The Stripes)?

Last edited:

Bulldog Force

Referee

The thing is, the Berries background for me means that we hold a small piece of our history in the logo, however, people may counter this by saying we have the CB in our logo as well as the Est. 1935 test. Personally, I think the Berries stripes are our own unique pattern that separate us from other clubs. I am not sure about the Dragons and their V, but did it come before ours? If so, I am happy with our old independent strip to use.

Can you explain to me the intellectual property of the ARL please? I was aware that we couldn't use that logo for some legal purposes, but I don't understand it all. I thought our club would've been able to use it anytime they wanted to :?

Bulldog Force

Referee
Yeah, that is true. If the game is ever going to move forward people need to get over the whole ARL/SL thing.

Dogs should be given the intellectual rights to the all logo's that they have used previously.

Wont happen though and it is the very reason why we will continue to shoot ourselves in the foot (the game that is).

By the way Bulldogs Force. Can you possibly create a GIF image flicking between what was the two potential designs (The V and The Stripes)?
614810360aae85a676f26ceebd47b031.gif