What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs Confirmed Signings & Contract News

Capital

Juniors
Well done on bumping a 9 month old thread :joy::joy:

So you think the Morris boys are scum?

Bet your fellow fans don't agree.

Not Josh. He wasn't wanted. At the time Gaz and Coops were the centers. Brett Morris is a scummy turncoat a. I hope he enjoys his few years at the back end of his career at Canterbury because he will never be welcome back in any capacity at SGI.

Barkley

Bench
Not Josh. He wasn't wanted. At the time Gaz and Coops were the centers. Brett Morris is a scummy turncoat a. I hope he enjoys his few years at the back end of his career at Canterbury because he will never be welcome back in any capacity at SGI.

LOL why would he want to go back to Merge?

Capital

Juniors
I didn't mean as a player. Obviously. He was already passed his best when he defected. But he could have been a club hero and been welcomed in the club in some capacity after his playing career was over but not now.

Capital

Juniors
You say "Merge" like it's a dirty word. The McGregor, Doust, Widdop axis of evil has screwed us badly over the past few years but soon it will be business as usual. The club is much stronger for the merger.

Barkley

Bench
I didn't mean as a player. Obviously. He was already passed his best when he defected. But he could have been a club hero and been welcomed in the club in some capacity after his playing career was over but not now.

I know what you meant. I don't understand your hate for him. It's not like he did a Sonny Bill on you guys.
He was forced out of the club due to salary cap pressure. So blaming him for leaving a club that couldn't afford to keep him is absurd.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...with-canterbury-bulldogs-20141023-11aof9.html

Capital

Juniors
It's hard for us to point the finger at other fans but these Merge fans are ridiculous.
Personally I hate the Grubs (nothing personal insofar as Grubs supporters) but I must say, not so much this one but the main Grubs forum is much more interesting than ours. A lot of banter and disagreements but no one seems to care very much.

As far as Brett Morris, he stated he wanted to go to the Grubs to play fullback and earn fullback money. No one with a brain really believes it. How the hell would the Grubs manage to fit a fullback's salary into the cap? And of course when he has been playing, its been on the wing. No, he thought he had a chance to win a premiership with the Grubs while the Dragons were rebuilding.

So he made his decision and now he can rot with it. Not this year but next year with Widdop gone, Hunt in and a few good outside backs coming through, the Dragons will be a force again and Grubs will be rebuilding, maybe with Brett Morris in the NSW Cup.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
LOL, if you're going to try and relay a point, at least call the club by a name that isn't stupid and childish?

I ignored literally everything you said because the word Grub appears seven times within three paragraphs. Unreadable tripe which is more than likely full of shit

___

Juniors
Personally I hate the Grubs (nothing personal insofar as Grubs supporters) but I must say, not so much this one but the main Grubs forum is much more interesting than ours. A lot of banter and disagreements but no one seems to care very much.

As far as Brett Morris, he stated he wanted to go to the Grubs to play fullback and earn fullback money. No one with a brain really believes it. How the hell would the Grubs manage to fit a fullback's salary into the cap? And of course when he has been playing, its been on the wing. No, he thought he had a chance to win a premiership with the Grubs while the Dragons were rebuilding.

So he made his decision and now he can rot with it. Not this year but next year with Widdop gone, Hunt in and a few good outside backs coming through, the Dragons will be a force again and Grubs will be rebuilding, maybe with Brett Morris in the NSW Cup.
Brett Morris left the Dragqueens because he activated a clause in his contract. He never came to the Bulldogs to play fullback. He came to the Bulldogs to play alongside his twin brother.

Barkley

Bench
The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs today announced Dean Pay as the new Head Coach of the club for the next two seasons.

Pay, has a strong connection with the Bulldogs, having played 108 games for the club between 1989-1995, including being part of the 1995 Premiership winning side.

He also had a strong Representative career, playing for New South Wales in 12 State of Origin matches, in addition to 9 Test matches for Australia.

Pay's coaching background is just as impressive.

Having been Assistant Coach under Kevin Walters at the Catalans Dragons in 2009, he was then U20 Coach with the Storm, under Craig Bellamy between 2010-12, followed by Assistant Coaching roles at Parramatta (2013) and Canberra (2014-Present).

Pay's Representative coaching record with the New South Wales State of Origin Under 20's is exemplary, having won all 5 series that he coached in between 2012-16.

Bulldogs Chairman Ray Dib was delighted with the appointment: "We are extremely happy to have been able to secure the services of Dean Pay for the next two seasons. Dean, is a Bulldogs man through and through and someone who totally understands the history and tradition of the club. He was an outstanding player with the club and has carried that over into his coaching career, where he has worked under some excellent coaches, as well as showing that he can lead from the front with his superb record with the NSW Under 20's side. We want to bring back the Bulldogs culture of old and feel strongly that Dean is the man to do this."

Pay was excited at what lies ahead: "It's a tremendous honour to be offered the Head Coach's role at a club that I loved playing for. Having learnt under some great coaches I now believe that the time is right for me to step up into the Head Coach's role. The Bulldogs have a great history and tradition and I’m looking forward to the chance to work with a talented group of players, where respect and discipline will be the cornerstones of how we go about our business. The club has great foundations, facilities, staff and an incredible fan base. It is important that we work hard to make our supporters proud."

http://leagueunlimited.com/news/31068-dean-pay-confirmed-as-new-bulldogs-coach/

Last edited by a moderator:

Barkley

Bench
Looks like we've picked up Panthers young winger Christian Crichton for the next 3 years.
I haven't seen much of him but Panthers fans seem to think he is a talented kid.

Hopefully he can squeeze Montoya out of the side.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
He's made it to first grade by virtue of both Mansour and Blake picking up injuries so for Penrith he's a fringe player. Given our predicament he could well be a first grader.

Not sure about the Montoya hate tho? He makes questionable defensive decisions but don't most wingers?

Barkley

Bench
Montoya is a defensive liability. His positional play is very ordinary IMO. Crichton may not be the answer but he will add some pressure to those in front of him.

Latest posts