What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs have amazingly found some money for Natt Miles, and to re-sign Grimaldy...

Chook

First Grade
borat said:
Your argument might hold some wieght if it wasn't that your own club is desperately trying to poach him.

I see, so this is a new rule is it? If your club is making an offer to a player you can't make comment...go it!:roll:

borat said:
The article in SMH said the offer was heavily weighted in the final years of the contract which would back up The Colonel's earlier post that the dogs maybe planning for the possible departure of O'Meley next year.

They may well be, but what I know is that everytime the dogs have cried poor and claimed they can't make an offer to a player they magically come up with money to make an offer AND have enough to sign new players AND now have enough to re-sign Grimaldy.

Just as well they're not proven cap cheats eh...wait...

Chook.

bulldog

Bench
Chook said:
It doesn’t strike anyone else as odd the dogs cry poor and then amazingly come up with funds to make an offer as well as sign new players and re-sign old ones??

Just one of many clubs being vocal on the salary cap issue, remember the Roosters crying in the paper about having to lose so many loyal servants in seasons past, yet they still managed to be quite active in the player market throughout that time, they even managed to pick up 2 highly sought after players - didn't see you asking any questions then (though maybe you should now that you've seen them performing Bondi style)

Maybe your suspicion and jealousy applies to only certain clubs eh?

Chook

First Grade
bulldog said:
Just one of many clubs being vocal on the salary cap issue, remember the Roosters crying in the paper about having to lose so many loyal servants in seasons past, yet they still managed to be quite active in the player market throughout that time, they even managed to pick up 2 highly sought after players - didn't see you asking any questions then (though maybe you should now that you've seen them performing Bondi style)

Maybe your suspicion and jealousy applies to only certain clubs eh?

Jealous no, suspicious yes, especially of those clubs that are proven rorters of the cap.

Chook.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
They've resigned practically everybody except Myles and Asotasi so far, and have only added Millard. Asotasi is gone along with a number of lower graders. Nothing questionable apart from Chook's lack of brains.

Timmah

Staff member
Chook said:
Jealous no, suspicious yes, especially of those clubs that are proven rorters of the cap.

Chook.

Oh seriously - f**k up Chook.

[furrycat]

Coach
Chook;

5 internationals - you mean 4
Asotasi was dropped off- that is a big gap.

We signed Millard... he isn't worth much.

We resigned a few players.

Have fun at 14th

Chook said:
It doesn’t strike anyone else as odd the dogs cry poor and then amazingly come up with funds to make an offer as well as sign new players and re-sign old ones??

Sorry, my apologises, I thought this forum existed to question the questionable.

Maybe that applies to only certain clubs eh?

Chook.
have you ever heard of a club trying to get the player for less by saying they have less room than they have to try and get their players to re-sign cheaper.

Chook

First Grade
[furrycat] said:
Chook;

5 internationals - you mean 4
Asotasi was dropped off- that is a big gap.

We signed Millard... he isn't worth much.

We resigned a few players.

Have fun at 14th

You have 5 internationals is your current forward pack do you not? 6 rep players if u want to count Myles. That's not bad for a club that continues to cry poor everytime a player looks like leaving.:roll:

Chook.

The Preacher

First Grade
douglasallen91 said:
have you ever heard of a club trying to get the player for less by saying they have less room than they have to try and get their players to re-sign cheaper.

Clubs wouldn't do that, would they Douglas ???:shock:

bulldog

Bench
Come on Chook, give us some more insight, how deep is the pain this year?

Dwelling in the cellar, missing out on players, on field fighting, coach labelling players passengers, high priced star recruits underperforming - enjoy the rest of the season, albeit another short one.

The Preacher said:
Is that instead of the more popular "Doggie style" ??? :shock:

More popular and infinitely superior.

[furrycat]

Coach
Chook said:
You have 5 internationals is your current forward pack do you not? 6 rep players if u want to count Myles. That's not bad for a club that continues to cry poor everytime a player looks like leaving.:roll:

Chook.

You said we have enough money to keep 5 international forwards.

We are losing Asotasi

Hence 4

Dickweed.

Leagueguy

Juniors
A little off topic here, but is anyone aware of any nicknames or jokes about Myles being called "Nate Dogg" ie the rapper. To have someone playing called Nate is one thing, but to actually have him playing at the dogs is another. Something needs to be conjured up while he's still at the Dogs. It would be a travesty if this is just allowed to pass.

Timmah

Staff member
Chook said:

Chook.

He showed you who the FOUR are.

Who's the fifth?

Ryan
Mason
O'Meley
Williams

Asotasi might be current, but he's not here next year... so you're talking sh*t.

FTR, when do we cry poor? We simply say, it looks like we're unable to retain him.

You are quite possibly the worst baiter on this forum.

As I said before: f**k up Chook.

[furrycat]

Coach

Timmah

Staff member
It's an injoke at Telstra, all the fans go on "Come on Nate Dogg" etc etc.

Chook

First Grade
[furrycat] said:
You said we have enough money to keep 5 international forwards.

We are losing Asotasi

Hence 4

Dickweed.

Please tell me you’re not this stupid?

I am referring to your current forward pack, which includes Asotasi.

Maybe you need to look up the meaning of the word “current”. Or you can just call me another name thinking it means something.

Chook.

axie

Juniors
Have you ever thought, Chook, that the Bulldogs, unlike your club, don't have to pay massive overs to keep or get players on their books because, shock horror, players can actually see a positive future at the club?

Go have fun with your $400k+ Anasta, we're happy with our $50k replacement.

The Preacher

First Grade
Chook said:
Please tell me you’re not this stupid?

I am referring to your current forward pack, which includes Asotasi.

Maybe you need to look up the meaning of the word “current”. Or you can just call me another name thinking it means something.

Chook.

Why FFS would you worry or refer to this years squad, when talking about next year's payments ???:?

bulldog

Bench
The Preacher said:
Why FFS would you worry or refer to this years squad, when talking about next year's payments ???:?

Chook isn't aware that you can develop players who've never played senior rep footy into a representative player, he assumes every club is like his and just waits for a rep players contract to expire and then start talking to them.