What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs Rumour Mill - potential signings, releases, extensions & other news

drago brelli

Bench
Bulldog force....just call them full back and five eighth and i'll like the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs even more.

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
drago, if you don't know the term custodian is another term for fullback, you clearly haven't been following the game very well, or for very long.

Darren Britt

Juniors
I don't know how true this is, but on the 8:30 news on the today show this morning, Timmy Gilbert stated that there were reports coming from Belmore this morning that Josh Dugan is on Haslers radar (excuse the pun), and that he is his #1 target. I don't think it's very true though as our current custodian was equal leading try scorer of 2011... and may I add some of them were very freaky! I wouldn't want Dugan walking in and taking over that.

Oh and let the "Bred not bought" merkins loose!

The fact that we are in the market for a new fullback doesn't surprise me at all. As I have mentioned in another thread - Barba doesn't seem the team of fullback suited to Hasler's custom.
I doubt that Barba will finish the year at fullback.

KAB

Juniors
I have a couple of junior signings for next year (2013) all the way from the Central Coast. Brothers Kieghran. Ones will play for your Matts and the other with Ball. They have been promised spots already. The younger (5/8) one played in the Coast (Matts) team that beat the dogs 38 - 8, and the other (9) will play Ball for the 2nd year. And if all goes well progress to 20's. Its long trip to Belmore 2hrs each way 2 to 4 days a week.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
So you're criticial we don't blood juniors, then you're critical when we do blood juniors?

I understand constructive criticism but you're bordering on insane. Would it kill you to be positive about your club?

Packy

Bench
Rumour mill suggests Michael Lett is retiring.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dogs Of War

Coach
If you don't think it's enough money to live on, why sign the contract in the first place

I suppose at his age, it was the last roll of the dice to crack first grade. With the injures that occurred and he was overlooked, I suggest that just meant that he had enough of living week to week, he may as well go and earn a good wage while still young and healthy.

dogslife

Coach
I don't rate Lett, and have never understood the hype surrounding him, so it doesn't worry me if he chases better opportunities. Good luck to him I say

Packy

Bench
To be fair I don't think the wage is that bad. I had friends who earn less than a 1st grade minimum. It's the uncertainty of what happens when they stop playing.

Latest posts