What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs Vs Newcastle

Dogaholic

First Grade
Bulldogs Coach Steve Folkes has made no changes to the Bulldogs' starting 13 that beat the Wests Tigers last week. The interchange bench has one change with Nate Myles returning from a one match suspension and Jon Green dropping back to Premier League.

The full team for the Bulldogs game against the Knights at Energy Australia Stadium this Friday at 7.30pm is:

1. Luke Patten
2. Hazem El Masri
3. Andrew Emelio
4. Willie Tonga
5. Matt Utai
6. Daniel Holdsworth
7. Brent Sherwin
8. Chris Armit
9. Corey Hughes
10. Roy Asotasi
11. Willie Mason
12. Andrew Ryan (c)
13. Tony Grimaldi

Interchange:

14. Reni Maitua
15. Mark O'Meley
16. Adam Perry
17. Nate Myles

Dogaholic

First Grade
Newcastle Knights coach Michael Hagan has named a strong line-up to face the Bulldogs on Friday night at Energy Australia Stadium:

1. Milton Thaiday
2. Brian Carney
3. Matthew Gidley
4. George Carmont
5. Anthony Quinn
6. Kurt Gidley
7. Andrew Johns (c)
8. Craig Smith
9. Danny Buderus
10. Josh Perry
11. Steve Simpson
12. Kirk Reynoldson
13. Reegan Tanner

Interchange:

14. Adam Woolnough
15. Daniel Tolar
16. Riley Brown
17. Todd Lowrie

Meanwhile extra measures are being taken by Newcastle Knights management to ensure Energy Australia Stadium remains a safe family environment, when the Knights host the Bulldogs this Friday night.

"I had nothing but praise for the behaviour of Bulldogs fans at last year's fixture; in fact, I telephoned Malcolm Noad personally to pass on our congratulations." Knights CEO Ken Conway said.

The Bulldogs will also have their own security presence at Energy Australia Stadium, personnel who attend every match and are familiar with the club's supporters.

"Bulldogs security will be working with police and our own ground staff to assist in identifying any potential offenders." Mr Conway said.

"In the last four years at EA Stadium, crowd behaviour at Bulldogs matches has been relatively quiet and preparations have been effective.

"Supporters have every reason to feel safe about turning out to witness a great game of football."

www.bulldogs.com.au

Roy

Juniors
kurt gidley looks to be out, jarrod mullen will replace him if he is out. He will probably start on the bench with either lowrie or brown going to 5/8. Quinn has his hearing over the dangerous throw, if he is out brad tighe will take his spot on the wing. so our team may look like this

1. thaiday
2. carney
3. gidley
4. carmont
5. tighe
6. brown
7. johns
8. perry
9. buderus
10. smith
11. simpson
12. reynoldson
13. tanner

14. mullen
15. woolnough
16. tolar
17. lowrie

bluesbreaker

Bench
I'd say Seage would take Quinns' wing spot, Roy. Also, Perry must be in a little bit of doubt with his knee a bit banged up, in which case Woolnough pushes into the front row, with Jesse Royal or Kade Snowden coming into the side.

Assuming Quinn is suspended, and Perry/Kidley are injured, the side should look like:

1) Thaiday
2) Carney
3) Midley
4) Carmont
5) Seage
6) Lowrie
7) God
8) Smith
9) Buderus
10) Woolnough
11) Simpson
12) Reynoldson
13) Tanner

14) Royal
15) Tolar
16) Brown
17) Mullen

>zuzu<

Juniors
Going to be a tight one. I have a good feeling bout this week and judging by both taems i say dogs by 4

Stranger

Coach
Good Luck Doggies, and dodge, dont be no stranger if ur coming up :p
(terrible pun i know)

There will be no need for extra security, the dogs bandwagoners (lunatics) dont travel.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Should be good. I'll give u a tizz on the ringer :O should I be in the area.

Dogaholic

First Grade
Preview from: www.bulldogs.com.au

Round 3: Knights v Bulldogs
Venue: Energy Australia Stadium
Referee: Steve Clark
Kick-off: 7:30pm
Gates Open: 3:35pm
Broadcast: 9:30pm - Channel 9
Last Met: Knights 28 - Bulldogs 13, Rd 22, 2005
Total Games: 25, Won: 14, Lost: 10, Drawn: 1
Home Games: 12, Won: 8, Lost: 3, Drawn: 1
Away Games: 12, Won: 5, Lost: 7, Drawn: 0
Energy Australia: 11, won: 5, Lost: 6, Drawn: 0
Total Points For: 584
Total Points Against: 447
Biggest Crowd: 26,234 - Bulldogs 48 - Knights 14, Telstra Australia, Rd 17, 2003

The Mitsubishi Electric Bulldogs will travel to Newcastle for Friday night's big clash against the Knights at Energy Australia Stadium.

Both teams are coming off impressive victories with the Bulldogs defeating defending premiers the Wests Tigers 47-12 as winger Hazem El Masri notched up a club record 34 points in front of 32,578 people, while the Knights took care of the Raiders 70-32 in the nations' capital last Sunday.

With the NRL judiciary deciding Willie Mason is free to take the field after being cleared of a grade one careless high tackle charge, the 'Dogs head into the game almost full strength as Nate Myles replaces Jon Green on the interchange bench after a week on the sidelines through suspension.

The Knights will be without winger Anthony Quinn after he was suspended for 2 weeks after being found guilty of a dangerous throw at the NRL judiciary.
Quinn failed to beat a grade one dangerous throw charge and is likely to be replaced by Brad Tighe.

The Bulldogs are becoming more and more renowned for their physical forward pack and last weeks display against the Tigers certainly boosted that reputation.
Newcastle hooker Danny Buderus says that his side will not be shy of the potentially earth-shuddering impact:
"It's a game of chicken I suppose - you throw yourself in front of them. They're big boys and Mason's just playing well and so is Mark O'Meley." Buderus said.

The match will be more than just a battle up front as Brent Sherwin faces off with the worlds best halfback in Andrew Johns while Willie Tonga will look to come out on top of Matthew Gidley in the battle of the centres.

Meanwhile extra measures are being taken by Newcastle Knights management to ensure Energy Australia Stadium remains a safe family environment.

"I had nothing but praise for the behaviour of Bulldogs fans at last year's fixture; in fact, I telephoned Malcolm Noad personally to pass on our congratulations." Knights CEO Ken Conway said.
The Bulldogs will also have their own security presence at Energy Australia Stadium, personnel who attend every match and are familiar with the club's supporters.

So everyone let's get out their and support the boys as they look for their second straight victory in season 2006.

KNIGHTS:
Milton Thaiday, Brian Carney, Matthew Gidley, George Carmont, Brad Tighe, Kurt Gidley, Andrew Johns (c), Craig Smith, Danny Buderus, Josh Perry, Steve Simpson, Kirk Reynoldson, Reegan Tanner
Interchange: Adam Woolnough, Daniel Tolar, Riley Brown, Todd Lowrie

BULLDOGS:
Luke Patten, Hazem El Masri, Andrew Emelio, Willie Tonga, Matt Utai, Daniel Holdsworth, Brent Sherwin, Chris Armit, Corey Hughes, Roy Asotasi, Willie Mason, Andrew Ryan (c), Tony Grimaldi
Interchange: Reni Maitua, Mark O'Meley, Adam Perry, Nate Myles

Bicey_18

Bench
Best of luck guys for the huge clash 2morrow night.. its gunna be a beauty and may the best team win.

ibeme

First Grade
I'm going to be on the road when this game's on, so I won't even get to see it on telly. No radio coverage for Friday nights doesn't help.

It should be a corker though. Both teams fired last weekend. Let's hope they can both produce their best this weekend.

Stranger

Coach
:lol:

Its a shame there are so many dicks at dogs games, cause the majority ive met, and that are on here seem like deacent people!

The decent doggies fans should dob in these morons who give you a bad name. THey are a waste of time and space so get rid of them or else have your club be seen as a bunch of thugs who sold out the FAMILY CLUB. Bullfrog would go ape if he knew what had become of his club. Newcastle will be too good for you though. We have the best player, arguably the next best in buderus and easily the world's best winger Brian Carney all fit and firing. Newcastle fans are afraid of nothing and noone. However we developed Willie Mason and were not smart enough to keep him as he was considered more Rugby! Truth is big Will plays best when he is focused and not sledging people. I didn't like it when Willie had his fro cos he blocked out the sun and I froze to death in the grandstand.

RiotAct

Juniors
ugh, carney is a great player, but is on the slide, johns is the best no doubt, but buderus is nothing without him. Will be a tight game, BOOO NEWCASTLE BOOOOOOOOOOOo

Latest posts