What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bully Bin

POPEYE

Coach
How does this qualify for the cave, Thurston is the author, I'm just the messenger

POPEYE

Coach
163 'views' and only a couple of negative responses proves Thurston may be onto something

JamesRustle

First Grade
How does this qualify for the cave, Thurston is the author, I'm just the messenger
I just assumed you were lobbying to clean up the forum and requesting another location for all the shit that's posted in "2017 Crowd Watch" or "Manly Salary Cap".

POPEYE

Coach
Isn't it a give yourself an uppercut moment every time DCE talks?
I suppose a Captain has the right to question a referee while one of his players is being judged for a reportable offence, when he expects the victim to go and the perpetrator to stay after judgement has been made . . . that's more than just a grey area

King hit

Coach
Just for arguments sake just imagine if the article was "Luke Keary calls for sin bins" Everyone would just laugh at him and tell him its part of the game. But this is Thurston talking so this is serious.

Every half gets hit late but to me if the player can't pull out of it and was totally committed to the tackle it's fair game.

POPEYE

Coach
Just for arguments sake just imagine if the article was "Luke Keary calls for sin bins" Everyone would just laugh at him and tell him its part of the game. But this is Thurston talking so this is serious.

Every half gets hit late but to me if the player can't pull out of it and was totally committed to the tackle it's fair game.
Bit hard to be deemed 'late' if the defender is judged to be committed but you're right, a good hard legal tackle on a kicker is ok . . . won't get any argument from me no matter who has a whinge

Only problem I have is if the tackle is illegal enough to go on report, the perpetrator stays on the field and the victim is forced to go for a concussion test . . . be interesting if Cam Smith decided to illegally send Maloney to the sideline when Melbourne plays Cronulla in the gf

Saxon

Bench

Absolutely agree; if the player can't pull out of it and was totally committed to the tackle.

Pressuring the ball player when he is kicking or passing in the line is part of the game and it's perfectly fair to put a big hit on as they get rid of the ball. Sometimes it is misjudged a little or the ballplayer passes a little before expected and they get hit a fraction late. So be it.

Unfortunately it has been a growing trend for the last couple of years to line up a halfback and follow through with the hit well after they have passed/kicked the ball. Several times every game you see Maloney, Reynolds, Thurston, Cleary or Cronk smashed a second or more after the ball is gone and they have relaxed. I don't think anyone with half a brain (so that rules Skeepe out) could argue that Soliola didn't have plenty of time to pull out of the Slater hit.

I think that's what Thurston is saying, and I thoroughly agree.

T-Boon

Coach
Isn't it a give yourself an uppercut moment every time DCE talks?

Yeah he uses his words which is unacceptable for an NRL player. We need more grunting like Maloney, Fergo, Cornder, Pearce.

Acceptable sounds: Eer, air, BBQ, nah, ahh, haha. Yeah nah, anks.