What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bunbury RL

joondalup_giant

Staff member
have heard through the grape vine that bunbury are close to fielding a senior side of some post in 2010. They've even met with jersey reps! Bunbury Bogans?!?

Last edited:

Nuke

Staff member
Joondalup_Giant beat me to it!

I heard the same thing today myself. The KooGa rep was meeting with Joondalup, Freo, Rockingham, South Perth, and Bunbury.

Swamp

Juniors
Great news, I might finally get to a game! Before the start of last season I was in contact with several people from WARL suggesting a 9's comp, inviting RU teams even the Force. But of course it fell on deaf ears. I was also seeing if the Dunsborough Dungbeatles RU - Country Champions, if they would be intersted. A couple of them raised a few eyebrows but again nothing more.

Swamp

melollie40

Juniors
Yep it's true, South West Warriors have started up. Watch Win News Thursday or Friday night.
We having muster day, saturday 14th November 12noon lions Park, dunsborough, 2pm Mitchell Park, Busselton, 4pm Bunbury's runners club, bunbury. Sunday 15th November 12noon Harvey Rec Centre, Harvey, 2pm Roche Park, Collie, 4pm Leschenault Leisure Centre, Australind.
Any one need more info call Wayne on 0447839588 or Mel 0424704720

Last edited:

Nuke

Staff member
I'll try to catch it. Should be interesting. Not only to see what's said and shown, but also to see how much the media down there get behind the team.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Great stuff, well done to the people behind it. With the new bypass it will make the travel to games alot quicker.

Swamp

Juniors
Yep it's true, South West Warriors have started up. Watch Win News Thursday or Friday night.
We having muster day, saturday 14th November 12noon lions Park, dunsborough, 2pm Mitchell Park, Busselton, 4pm Bunbury's runners club, bunbury. Sunday 15th November 12noon Harvey Rec Centre, Harvey, 2pm Roche Park, Collie, 4pm Leschenault Leisure Centre, Australind.
Hi Mel, just spoke with Wayne & told him I show up in Busselton for chat. Hopefully there is a good turn out.

Swamp

Goldthorpe

Bench
Ahhhh brings back memories playing for the Armadale Warriors! Surely the South West side could have come up with another name?

WA Roo

Juniors
Strange for there to be 9 teams and 2 from country. Maybe Bunbury are reserve grade for Goldfields team. No mention on warl website for bunbury so may not happen even tho jersey rep said so.

Nuke

Staff member
WARL's orders, I believe (to choose an NRL team's name and colours). I think you'll find most NRL teams' nicknames have been used at one stage or another in WA.
Sea Eagles (Manly and North Beach)
Roosters (Sydney and Fremantle)
Bulldogs (Canterbury and Centrals)
Sharks (Cronulla and Rockingham)
Titans (Gold Coast and -probably- Goldfields)
Knights (Newcastle and Marangaroo)
Cowboys (Nth Qld and Coastal)
Raiders (Canberra and Rockingham)
Rabbitohs (Sth Sydney and Armadale)
Tigers (Wests and Mosman-Cotteslo)
Warriors (NZ and Armadale ... and now South West)

The only current NRL ones that haven't been used in WA (as far as I know) are:
Eels
Storm
Broncos
Panthers
Dragons

Of these, you couldn't really use Broncos because Joondalup have their colours. Same goes for Dragons as Sth Perth have the same colours.
I suppose Goldfields will have blue, gold, and white (same as Gold Coast), so you don't really want to be introducing 2 blue and gold teams (albeit one with white too) in the same year.

Nuke

Staff member
Sorry, my post was in relation to Goldthorpe's post.

As for whether they come in or not, we'll just wait and see ..!

joondalup_giant

Staff member
Strange for there to be 9 teams and 2 from country. Maybe Bunbury are reserve grade for Goldfields team. No mention on warl website for bunbury so may not happen even tho jersey rep said so.

I'd hardly consider the WARL website an up to date news source! lol

Nuke

Staff member
Was that story on WIN News tonight? If so, I hadn't yet gotten home, so I missed it. I'm hoping it's on tomorrow night instead.