What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bunbury RL

Nuke

Staff member
Turns out it didn't matter ... I missed both night's WIN News anyway!

Swamp

Juniors
There is a committee meeting tonight 26/11 @ the Eaton Recreational Centre starting 6:30pm for those in the vacinity.

Swamp

j5o6hn

Juniors
Ok the WARL Meeting was canned on Sat, but will be held next Sat same venue, I will go and find out what is happening as they say big changes are afoot.
I rang the League about putting an article in the program from my club The Bulldogz social kinda thing,maybe a write up on last weeks game from my point of view, and was informed it was cost me or the club $50 a time,for a program.
Considering the program is very short of anything to read apart from Teams ect I was thinking it might encourage others to do the same,needless to say I have not dropped the idea but will make further enquires.

j5o6hn

Juniors
Sorry does anyone know if its a !st grade side or just as I heard a reserve grade side,I think the ideas great but they need !st Reserve and either 3rd grade or under 20s.
Kal should be the same and some sort of compensation to all clubs to defray costs,most are not rolling in money and I was told it costs about $4000 for the Kal trip,then we get to the question of how much who pays ect comments welcome

Swamp

Juniors
Sorry does anyone know if its a !st grade side or just as I heard a reserve grade side,I think the ideas great but they need !st Reserve and either 3rd grade or under 20s.
Kal should be the same and some sort of compensation to all clubs to defray costs,most are not rolling in money and I was told it costs about $4000 for the Kal trip,then we get to the question of how much who pays ect comments welcome
Yes, it will be initially reserve grade with a move to 1st grade in the near future.

Swamp

Nuke

Staff member
J5o6hn, what are you talking about regarding last week's game? What game? What programme?
Regardless, as I understand it, there appears to be enough numbers in Bunbury and surrounding areas in various age groups (juniors and seniors) to fill a few teams, so I gather they'll be competing next season (including a ladies team). I think SW Warriors were also looking to see if they had enough numbers to be able to compete in both First-Grade and Reserve-Grade competitions, but failing that, they'd act as Goldfields' Ressies side. This appears to be the case ... which I think is a better way to ease into the WARL competition.

I believe you have had a bit of input into the logo Nuke?
You could say that..! The one they chose was actually my very first idea and also the one that took me the least time to design!

Swamp

Juniors
J5o6hn, what are you talking about regarding last week's game? What game? What programme?
Regardless, as I understand it, there appears to be enough numbers in Bunbury and surrounding areas in various age groups (juniors and seniors) to fill a few teams, so I gather they'll be competing next season (including a ladies team). I think SW Warriors were also looking to see if they had enough numbers to be able to compete in both First-Grade and Reserve-Grade competitions, but failing that, they'd act as Goldfields' Ressies side. This appears to be the case ... which I think is a better way to ease into the WARL competition.

You could say that..! The one they chose was actually my very first idea and also the one that took me the least time to design!
I think it looks great, particularly on the jersey design. Well done!

Swamp

Nuke

Staff member
I think it looks great, particularly on the jersey design. Well done!

Swamp
It does? Good. I haven't seen any jersey designs for them, so I have no idea! I'll take your word for it.

j5o6hn

Juniors
I was talking about various clubs including mine haveing some input to the weekly program ,but at 50 at week I don't think many could afford.
People are always moaning about not knowing what is going on at the clubs just and idea to see if it will help fix it.

Nuke

Staff member
Ah, gotcha. It looked like you were talking about something happening in the past week or so and not during the season!

Perth Red

Post Whore
why would they charge to put somethign in the program? Surely if it comes to printing costs they can sort out a sponsorship deal with a printer?

Nuke

Staff member
I don't know, but they do. We (Joondalup) put an ad into the GF edition this year, and I think that cost us about $55.

albert

Juniors
Re the Bunbury website it would be good to get that and the new Goldfields website up and running on the WARL page.

It is also good to see that the Bulldogz website is getting updated (with a new coach for 2010).I believe they will be playing out of Forrestfield in 2010 with the ground under construction in preperation for next year.

If only Willagee can get there website "upgraded" every thing will look more professional.

Swamp

Juniors
Has anybody heard any more news about Bunbury?
They are waiting on approval from WARL & the clubs. There was talk that some clubs weren't too keen on the idea of travel. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

Latest posts