What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Burger King Super Smash 2017/18

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Stokes posted a score of 93 in the Super Smash yesterday as he found some form for Canterbury but a reminder that todays game between Wellington and Northern is televised from 7:00pm NZ time.

Hopefully there's a speed gun to see how fast Kuggs, Bennett and Van Beek are bowling.

edabomb

First Grade
Why do they have the good female commentator doing Super Smash and the terrible one doing the test series?

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Robbie O'Donnell treats Tim.Southee like a spinner and looks to slog sweep him every ball.

Good to see Southee struggling in domestic cricket.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
ND win as Auck put wrong batsman on strike but domestic cricket is alive and well.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Chapman is teeing off now.

Great viewing. 30(11)

Guppie joining the party as Auck 53/1 after 4.3overs chasing 207 vs Wellington.

Chapman now 46(17)and hit a ball over the stadium and onto roof into Eden Park #1.

Last edited:

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Chapman 62(22) - safe to say he has a power game now.

He has just rag dolled Jeetan Patel to all corners and a dinky lap over keeper head too.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Chapman stupidly runs himself out.

He's getting closer as a NZC player but still not quite there?

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Auckland chase down 208/8 on last ball after Wasp was at 1% earlier.

Sky sux for giving us all of some intl 7th ranked domestic t20 comp and not all of our intl top 3 t20 domestic comp which is local.

Great game.

edabomb

First Grade
Auckland chase down 208/8 on last ball after Wasp was at 1% earlier.

Sky sux for giving us all of some intl 7th ranked domestic t20 comp and not all of our intl top 3 t20 domestic comp which is local.

Great game.

Agree. Although I'm not sure I blame Sky as people I know seem to care more about whether Tasmania beat Perth than their own domestic comp.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Agree. Although I'm not sure I blame Sky as people I know seem to care more about whether Tasmania beat Perth than their own domestic comp.

Well the bbl is on tv. The Super Smash is rarely on tv.

I blame sky. And the games being broadcast being day not night games. Sky is fooling itself on ratings by cutting off its nose to domestic content. Tho the Auckland vs Wngtn day game on xmas eve was a cracker with a big crowd.

The quality of the bbl is weaker compared to supersmash. Its like 8 teams of country that is poor at t20 vs a 6 teams of a country that has been better at it for years now.

I used to be a much greater
bbl fan - but the teams just get weaker each year. Srsly. No Warne, no Hussey, no Malinga, no Gayle even now. Weaker every year.

I'd rather watch locals like Sodhi, Ryder, Seifert, Chapman, Kuggs, Bennett and Van Beek et al myself that are more than good enough to humble cricketers like Ben Stokes.

How will cricket grow in a country where the monopoly broadcaster is too cheap to broadcast the games and just broadcasts cheap content filmed by someone else from England, India and Straya?

I get outside Canterbury that NZ'ers are not that parochial bar being Anti-Auckland, if at all, but that doesnt mean further generations may not get captivated by CD and ND players and success.

Last edited:

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Chapman has 91 of Aucks 137 runs in 17th over at Hagley. Tastle, Nuttal and Ellis in the attack.

Seems to be a question of when he gets a call up to Blk Caps to play - not if. But I'm not a fan of George Worker - so maybe not.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Chapman just charged to off side to slog sweep Ellis over long on for 6 to goto 99.

Now 101 off 57 , Auck 147/4

Outstanding shot.

Just outstanding.

Another good televised innings for this young domestic star.

Last edited:

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Solia, Phillips, Chapman, CDG facing Arnel, Sodhi and Jordan.

This is great quality. Shame we don't get more of it.

Solia looks good so far.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Chapman 23(8) - no slogging. Lovely 4s along the ground and running between wickets with speed and intensity.

Then stumped as he charges his 9th ball.

This kid has serious talent. Just seems to lack a bit of savvy that he will presumably get with more experience and some wise coaches and batting partners.

He doesn't need to bash and bruise on the charge like BMac.

Latest posts