What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Burgess eye gouge

I Bleed Maroon

Referee

He's gotta see some serious time off for that. That is just not on. A player shouldn't have to worry about some grubby f**kwit trying to blind them in the act of playing.

mave

Coach
I suspect Burgess would be fine, if he had an Origin game to play next week.

Reactions: PJ

no name

Coach
He’s a rep player, so he might get the rep player treatment, unless it’s restricted to Australian rep players.

Should get 8 weeks, 2 more than what Maguire should have got for each gouge.

no name

Coach
There's no way the NRL will let this go.

That's the worst one so far and leaves the viewer with no doubt as to what his intentions were.
Rep player, he’ll get the lesser charge.
Poor old Hudson Young is a young bloke just breaking into grade, the perfect opportunity for the NRL to come down hard.

no name

Coach
If he gets less than Hudson Young got (5 weeks with the early plea) it will be an absolute horseshit decision and a complete disgrace to the NRL.
Lol, you know who you’re talking about right?
Two combined charges for Maguire got 5 weeks less than Young’s 5 weeks.

Reactions: PJ

Perth Red

Post Whore
Id have been happy with a send off but should at least have been a sin bin. Sometimes I really dont understand our game!