What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

burgess return quicker than expected?

Big Sam

First Grade
Watched a bit of the poms in the Six nations and there's no way he's gonna make a dent in the WC squad. Their centres are quite a fair way ahead of Sam and they weren't even the regular starters apparently.

If Sam does make it, it'll be for publicity and to play a token game against some minnow.

bedlam breakout

Juniors
England coach has said it looks like a bit of a push for burgess to make the England ru wc squad, the bath fans are moaning about him on their forums, great to see him back with the bunnies sunday nite though

bedlam breakout

Juniors
he got what he went for last night, to play in the wc on the biggest stage, the british press are now pulling him and the decision to select him to pieces - quote "he looked like someone who had won a prize to be on the pitch and was wondering around trying to be helpful" a sorry state of affairs for such a talent.

Usain Bolt

Bench
Blame the coach, his love affair with Burgess made Barritt have to play out of position and he was shite. I bet England wish they had Tuilagi fit for the WC

I think its not a matter of if but when for Burgess to return to Rugby League.
He's been very well payed for a year for getting bored stiff in union and now probably wants some excitement in his sporting life, which you can't blame him for.

shiznit

Coach
Or maybe he wants to keep collecting a pay cheque for f**k all work...

I get the feeling he will want to stick around... Because he has pride... He would be seen as an embarrassment and a total failure to the majority of the English public if he were to leave on these terms.

I'd say he will stick around and try and force his was on to the lions your in 2017.

Wizardman

First Grade
He was pretty shit against Wales. He got absolutely no ball and made a big miss on his opposite Welsh centre.
If he seriously is England's best option at centre....then they are in a world of shit.

Or maybe he wants to keep collecting a pay cheque for f**k all work...

I get the feeling he will want to stick around... Because he has pride... He would be seen as an embarrassment and a total failure to the majority of the English public if he were to leave on these terms.

I'd say he will stick around and try and force his was on to the lions your in 2017.

He was pretty shit against Wales. He got absolutely no ball and made a big miss on his opposite Welsh centre.
If he seriously is England's best option at centre....then they are in a world of shit.
In my opinion he only went for the money.
If reports are to be believed he clearly showed this against Wales
He's on damage limitation now so i think he take his money and run.
He won't want any more damage done to his reputation.

English Rose

Juniors
He wasn't that bad. Don't forget England were winning by 7 when he was taken off with 15 mins to go. The Rugby Union snobs are just making him a scapegoat!

shiznit

Coach
He wasn't that bad. Don't forget England were winning by 7 when he was taken off with 15 mins to go. The Rugby Union snobs are just making him a scapegoat!
He was f**king terrible...

He looked like he had no idea who he was supposed to be marking.

Give him 12months in the NZ rugby system and we would have him playing to his potential...

And I bet he would be a loose forward if he came here...

Dumbarse poms are probably playing him out of position because they have a hard on for SBW..

roughyedspud

Coach
Hes playing center cos they felt he could learn the position quicker..had he signed 2 years before the world cup he'd have started as a 8...he actually played a few games at 8 for bath durind the season and played very well..

shiznit

Coach
Hes playing center cos they felt he could learn the position quicker..had he signed 2 years before the world cup he'd have started as a 8...he actually played a few games at 8 for bath durind the season and played very well..
That in itself sounds daft....

Playing in the midfield... Especially defending there... Is a nightmare to adapt to.

I look at him and straight away I see a blindside flanker... Explosive ball carrier, can offload, strong defender & very fit.

Less sticking to structure than in the midfield.

Winchester

Juniors
He has got his pay check and will move onto something else. Years later, he will be one of the best bouncers in Birmingham

ed612313

Juniors
Played well in the Aviva final at 6.... His few games at 6 he has looked a lot more comfortable than what he did at centre..

vikingstorm

Juniors
Well england as exposed for what they are and burgess has maybe made one of the worst sporting decisions of all time

Was revered and loved at at the peak of his sport and now he has the mud and grime of an English winter to cherish

Union has a few decent players but beware kiwis we have Zak hardaker, joe burgess, kallum watkins, Ryan hall, gareth widdup, James roby, Chris hill, Elliot whitehead, Alex Walmsley all ready to hit you hard