What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Burns/Allan

RunRabbitRun69

Juniors
So it sounds like 4 of our 5 backs will be

1 Johnston
2 Graham
3 Gagai
4 Inglis

Who are we backing for our 5th? (Whether it's Burns at 5/4 or Allan on the wing)?

mister squiggle

Juniors
So it sounds like 4 of our 5 backs will be

1 Johnston
2 Graham
3 Gagai
4 Inglis

Who are we backing for our 5th? (Whether it's Burns at 5/4 or Allan on the wing)?

Hi RRR69 I reckon bennett promised Johnston he will keep the number 1 position if he stayed at souths I believe that was a saviour phone call by bennett on that day we absolutely needed to keep johnston, but realistically Johnston is purely a winger not a fullback even though he was slightly injured last year which hampered his game at fullback.Gagai is a winger not a centre and burns is a centre not a winger and allan is more so a fullback than a winger and graham has played centre before in junior football..but logically id like to see this but Johnston will get the nod at fullback.(burns will get the wing spot over allan I predict) personally id like to see this below for round 1.

1.allan (a real fullback)
2.Johnston ( a real winger)
3.graham ( he was playing centre before making the grade) (burns misses out)
4.inglis ( is where he belongs)
5.gagai ( a real winger)

Travitoh

First Grade
Callmack personally I believe that you must put each player in their right positions

I do agree with this but AJ in his first full year in the 1 jumper showed that he can play fullback up until his hamstring injury late in the season.
2018 AJ was much better at FB than 2017 Val Holmes who finished 2018 as one of the top FB's, and that was after a late season burst!
Transitioning from wing to FB doesn't happen overnight but you've only got to watch the CS back to see how much of our attack still relies on AJ wearing 1.

Corey Allan is a fine FB in his own right I'm sure and will eventually get his chance but for now I'd stick with AJ.