What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Business Update, or How I Learned To Stop Worrying & Love The Brand

matPORTS

Juniors
To save them some time if they sack Price then they will not need to reply to 99% of their emails.

I work in Project Management for an IT Services Company. If several of my customers called/faxed/e-mailed me with a complaint about one of my engineers who wasn't performing to standard, would I:

1. Reply to each e-mail individually with a spin doctored answer about how we plan to improve and move forward under the current arrangement?
i.e. Price has the team he wants through great recruitment last off season. Let's keep trust in the Price system of "Dragons Footy" and we'll end up having a great outcome.

2. Simply remove the under performing engineer from the projects at risk, and replace him/her with a more suitably competent resource, thus improving our chances of delivering the project on time, too an acceptable standard, without the cost margin blowing out too much as a result of previous delays, and also providing a greater Total Customer Experience?
i.e. Remove the risk by sacking Price, replace him with an interim who has runs on board, give ourselves a shot at still making the eight or at the very least having a better second half of the season (its far from over), getting the members and fans coming back through the turnstiles again, thus also improving the financial position of the club this year through gate takings and TV money as a result of playing in the finals.

I know what I'd be doing if I were in Dousty's shoes right now.

Dezziedc

Juniors
I work in Project Management for an IT Services Company. If several of my customers called/faxed/e-mailed me with a complaint about one of my engineers who wasn't performing to standard, would I:

1. Reply to each e-mail individually with a spin doctored answer about how we plan to improve and move forward under the current arrangement?
i.e. Price has the team he wants through great recruitment last off season. Let's keep trust in the Price system of "Dragons Footy" and we'll end up having a great outcome.

2. Simply remove the under performing engineer from the projects at risk, and replace him/her with a more suitably competent resource, thus improving our chances of delivering the project on time, too an acceptable standard, without the cost margin blowing out too much as a result of previous delays, and also providing a greater Total Customer Experience?
i.e. Remove the risk by sacking Price, replace him with an interim who has runs on board, give ourselves a shot at still making the eight or at the very least having a better second half of the season (its far from over), getting the members and fans coming back through the turnstiles again, thus also improving the financial position of the club this year through gate takings and TV money as a result of playing in the finals.

I know what I'd be doing if I were in Dousty's shoes right now.

I work in PM as well. I'd do both. An individual spin email waylaying their concerns and promising to look into the situation while in the background taking action to rectify the problem - away from the spotlight and without the fuss.

It's about making sure the client feels they are the priority without giving them the impression they have the power to make immediate decisions concerning your team. You want it to appear as though you are the one to have made the decision and are in control of the situation.

I think the situation the club is in is similar but there are some differences that make the actions available to them limited.

Last edited:

gonz

Juniors
Does doust need an external aid to tell him how fd his coaching staff
are?

Talk about spin from the best !
Hears of protests and low and behold an address
to the people

twinkletoes

Juniors
Sounds like another long, drawn out, slow process. I would have thought they would have looked at the viable coaching options at the end of last season with a list of preferred candidates and yet we seem to be starting from scratch again...it goes on, and on and on...............................

Dragoness

Juniors
The way I see it the fans/members are like shareholders, they can't ignore us forever! The emails, the twitter comments & the boys at the leagues club is why they have to do something.. If something isn't done it's the guy at the very top that loses his job.. The protest is a wonderful idea..nobody likes bad media & Doust is asking for it because at the end of the day he makes the decisions!

Father Ted

First Grade
and Dragons Strategic Business Plans and Objectives, including the game-wide “Right Game Right Venue Strategy” and financial health of the game and Clubs.

One day you'll engage in a complete departure from the English language never to return..

j0nesy

Bench
Couldn't agree more... what a way to say a lot, but nothing at all. It shits me to tears. These dipshits don't have a job if the team doesn't have fans, and the "senior management" are losing the fans.:crazy:

getsmarty

Immortal
Cue...after an internal review we have Promoted Paul MacGregor to head coach with Steve price and Craig young his assistants. LOL

dragonreddy

Juniors

Thanks for the link DUB ,a lot of stuff in here that was said during the week, why the f..k they are still harping about BELLAMY has got me tricked he has already stated his intentions , he doesnt strike me as a bloke who would go back on them.Just more smokescreening by DOUST to cover up he has been caught short again, probably thought PRICE was going to kill it after we won 3 .If they dont do something soon as i said in another post they might find it hard to con anyone to take the job on.

TruSaint

Referee
and Dragons Strategic Business Plans and Objectives, including the game-wide ?Right Game Right Venue Strategy? and financial health of the game and Clubs.

One day you'll engage in a complete departure from the English language never to return..

The sad reality is, I have become immune to the Clubs clinical and dismissive attitude to serious dialogue.

I posted some weeks ago about a registered letter I had delivered to the Club.

From all accounts, it was civil, constructive and detailed. Three pages.

The reply which came only 2 days ago, was scripted 2 paragraph, non coherent piece of shit.

The only reason a reply was forthcoming, was that it was backed by second tier sponsor.
The board is nothing short of a "man club", with vision being a word of the past. I am no fan of Price, Mary etc, but to blame them is like apportioning blame to an under-performing staff member.

I and my family will always love and follow this Club, but until the board is held accountable, with transparent facts and vision, we are destined for a long period of failure.

Enough.
IMHO, dark times ahead.

bottle

Coach
Thanks for the link DUB ,a lot of stuff in here that was said during the week, why the f..k they are still harping about BELLAMY has got me tricked he has already stated his intentions , he doesnt strike me as a bloke who would go back on them.Just more smokescreening by DOUST to cover up he has been caught short again, probably thought PRICE was going to kill it after we won 3 .If they dont do something soon as i said in another post they might find it hard to con anyone to take the job on.

Without quotes from anybody from the club though, how much is true, and how much is journalistic licence (otherwise known as bullshit)?
The thing is our club is well known for playing things close to their chest, including not shutting down rumours publicly. Hence the media, and managers, seem to know that they can link us to every player, coach or ballboy that is in any sort of negotiation for leverage. We rarely come out and publicly shut it down. Even if we do, it's often meaningless (as with Benji recently).

No quotes by Doust so I don't know how it can all be laid at his feet. Who knows what is going on behind closed doors?

Latest posts