What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buy of the year award 2004

PARRA_FAN

Coach
There are number of players that are in contention for Parramatta's buy of the year awards this season.

Here are our buys:

Wade McKinnon
Eric Grothe
Junior Langi
Chris Thorman
Wise Kativerata
Shane Muspratt
Chris Muckert
Fui Fui Moi Moi
Aaron Cannings
Corey Pearson
Craig Stapleton
Mal Kaufusi
Fred Petersen
Jim Curtis
John McKie
Jeremiah Pai

(ps. if there any buys I have missed pls let me know)

So far Wade McKinnon, Eric Grothe and Craig Stapleton are going well for this award, it appers Wade McKinnon looks like the favourite, followed by Eric Grothe. I have been doing this since 1998, lets have a look at the best buys in the last 5 years:

1. Lee Hopkins
2. Shayne Dunley
3. John Morris

1. Dean Widders
2. Daniel Heckenberg
3. Matt Petersen (mid season)

1. Brad Drew
2. David Solomona
3. Jason Taylor

1. Brett Hodgson
2. David Westley
3. Jason Moodie

1. David Kidwell
2. Dean Schifilliti
3. Daniel Wagon

1. Clinton Schifcoske
2. Mark Tookey
3. David Penna

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Thats good eelevation, but Raper didnt come to Parra till 1997.

Maybe if put Rod Maybon instead of Raper.

Stagger eel

Staff member
PARRA_FAN said:

no!! sorry mate! he defenitly arrived in 96 with Adam Ritson and a host of others! in fact he was the first of the lot to sign with us.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Yeah, you're right but he didnt do anything sensational in that year. Maybon was better. Especially that classic tackle on Matt Sing against the Roosters at the SFS.

Stagger eel

Staff member
yeah! "rocket" did have a big year for us, I was very dissapointed that he went to Adelaide the year after, however he was only on loan to us from superleague.

Boris

Juniors
I hope all you Wise Kativerata 'fans' are prepared to eat humble pie when he stars on the field. You wrote McKinnon off a few months ago and look at him now!

1. Stapleton
2. Grothe
3. Kativerata

GO THE WISE MACHINE!

scottyeel

Bench
Boris said:
I hope all you Wise Kativerata 'fans' are prepared to eat humble pie when he stars on the field. You wrote McKinnon off a few months ago and look at him now!

We mean the best buys for 1st grade not premmys! :lol:

bradeel

Juniors
Its seriously daylight after Grothe, Stapleton, and McKinnon. These three have made outstanding contributions already. It'll become clearer as the year goes on however. Hopefully Guru Jr will come back from his injury this week and bounce back to the form that has seen him an almost certainty to score tries every single match - as long as he does, i'd be leaning towards him as the Buy of The Year for the Eels.

fish eel

Immortal
I'd go for McKinnon.

Grothe has been pleasing, no doubt about that, but we all knew he had it in him.

Some of us knew Wade had it in him, based on what we saw when he was in our reggies, but I think he has performed above all expectation.

Eels Dude

Coach
Grothe, McKinnon, then Stapleton. Unfortunately, the players we've lost have ended up as other clubs best buy as well. I think Tonga, Hodgson, Witt and Moodie would qualify for their respective clubs.

Agent Mulder

Bench
McKinnon has been our best buy,The kid is playing out of his skin.
Its about time we had a good fullback,I reckon this kid will be better then the great Paul Taylor.

Although Mick Delroy was pretty good untill he sold his soul to the Goosters.

Forum Idiot

Bench
Lyon said:
McKinnon has been our best buy,The kid is playing out of his skin.
Its about time we had a good fullback
:? hes playing well. dont get too excited. he has been solid but youre getting carried away.

eelavation said:
PARRA_FAN said:

no!! sorry mate! he defenitly arrived in 96 with Adam Ritson and a host of others! in fact he was the first of the lot to sign with us.

Sorry, mate, but that honour belongs to Nathan Barnes.

Latest posts