What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bygone beauties!

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
Most of it jeffles but not all, I have a lot of other gear as well that I must get around to photographing :)
The waste paper bin is one of my favourite possesions though! The logo is great! I have a passion for collecting early Jets/Bluebags gear.

greg

Juniors
I'm jealous NBB! I actually had one of those waste paper bins once but misplaced it during a move. You didn't find that one by chance??? Did the little football with the insignia (post 7 on this thread) come in a twisties pack? I vaguely remember eating lots of twisties as a kid only to constantly get the wrong team. I've got some nice Pilsener beer glasses (jets of course) at the same time I got the bin, around 82 I think. Many a dirty annie consumed from them!

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
Hi Greg,
Yes from memory the little token came either in twisties or a breakfast cereal box from circa 1967 - 69 era, I think. I am attempting to compile as many items and or photographs of early Jets marketing gear as possible. You would be suprised how sought after a lot of this stuff is by non Jets supporters as well! The wobbly head guy is without doubt among the cream of items to find though as he was part of a set of all the teams. It seems in the late 60s there was some really good gear then in the 70s sporadic items were put out but the great renaissance was in the 1980-83 period with things like the towels, frisbees, trash cans etc, etc. I read in "out of the blue" that at the last Jets game at orana park (leumeah) some say campbelltown :) in 1983 $15,000 worth of merchandise went to the public? I am living in hope to get onto some more of it! I have rambled a bit here have'nt I...ah the passion!,,, my wife is a Newtown widow!!!!

hrundi99

First Grade
That's great stuff.

Please put up pics of more of your stuff.

I'd like to gather as much of this type of stuff as possible.

Henson

Juniors
How could anybody not love Newtownbluebags,he brings so much info to this forum,links pics stories etc he's a wealth of infomation on all things Newtown!

good on ya mate,keep it coming
icon14.gif