What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

C/H series game 3 NZ vs Aus

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
skeepe said:
What a ludicrous post. The vendetta against Hayden, who has been close to if not our best batsman this summer, is stunning.
What vendetta?

You fuggen paraniod to the extreme.

Simple facts pal. WE LOST do you understand?

3-0, go on blame the bowlers. NZ outplayed us, including Hayden. McMillian was easily a better innings.

Salivate over a record in a game we LOST.

lockyno1

Post Whore
byrne_rovelli_fan82 said:
Thank you Lockyno1, at least some one sees sense here.

Pretty obvios to be honest.

They are killing these series' by scheduling them every year. I don't blame Ponting or Gilly missing this one, just like I would not have blamed NZ for resting players. This series is a damn good concept which would be even better if it was on a 2 year cycle. For instance:

2008:

3 tests in NZ
3 ODI's in NZ

3 tests in Aus
3 ODI's in Aus

2010- same, and same in 2012.

The boundaries are a issue I will always have and I strongly believe that the ICC should fund NZ (and it is not just NZ, but this is a example) to have some cricket grounds built to improve the spectacle. Having cricket games on rugby fields is not a good look.

MKEB...

Staff member
Where in Nz could you have this plan of yours Locky. The basin is out of favour with Sneddon as we dont have tests...And our other biggest stadia are RUGBY GROUNDS. it sucks but we cant do much more.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Oh come on, not every ground in NZ is used for rugby. All that needs to be done is to knock one of those grounds down and build a bigger, better cricket stadium. If the ICC gives say $20 million to build it I am sure the government would change their tone about their arrogance towards cricket stadiums. Where could it be built, well I don't know. You know NZ more than me as I have only been there once and that was when I was 13!

MKEB...

Staff member
where? Pukekura park ...too small,Owen Delaney park ...Too small. There are no big non-rugby grounds in NZ.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Where is a rugby field that isn't being used? Now don't tell me they all are as there are only 5 NZ teams in the super 14. So get a rugby field (pay off the rugby field owners), preferably in a fairly large area, knock it down and then build it. It will take a good 2 years but it is worth it!

MKEB...

Staff member
Sorry, all have super 14 duty... NZRFU has dibbs on anything that is remotely related to any rugby ground. % super 14 teams that play from all the provinces.

lockyno1

Post Whore
You are kidding me right. How on earth is 5, let me say this again FIVE Super 14 teams take up lets say 50 (heck there are more than 50 grounds probally in NZ and QLD alone) grounds in NZ. All you need is a provincial rugby ground to build a cricket stadium, increase the ground outwards and then you have a cricket stadium.

MKEB...

Staff member
EG. Hurricanes play in Palmy, New Plymouth, Napier and Masterton. Waikato Play in Taupo Hamilton, Whangarei gisbourne.

The grounds will only fetch as many as they can seat. The grounds are all rugby grounds with seats as close as they can get to the action.

lockyno1

Post Whore
There is no way that the NZ government will turn back 10 million by the ICC to develop a stadium. They would be insane to refuse!

azza

Juniors
Muller
Watson
White
Lewis
Dorey

With an attack like that, how could we go wrong. Generation NEXT looks awesome.

lockyno1

Post Whore
The attack IMO will look something like this:

Moises Henriques as the allrounder, Watson will bat 4 or 5, so he'll give you a few overs as well.
Cullum Bailey/Nathan Hauritz
Ben Hilfenhaus
Mitchell Johnson
Shaun Tait

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I hope Henriques is fast tracked into the side in the next few years, The guy will be something special.

Y2Eel

First Grade
hineyrulz said:
I hope Henriques is fast tracked into the side in the next few years, The guy will be something special.
He needs to be training with the best right now to get up to International Standard..

lockyno1

Post Whore
I hope they start with him in the ODI's first though. Aiden Blizzard is a batsman I like for the future as well as Ed Cowan

lockyno1

Post Whore
Maybe but who else is there? Harwood is 31, Clark is 31 as well, all the NSW bowlers are tripe, and Noffke is in his late 20's as well. I am not sure we have many options!

Red Bear

Referee
lockyno1 said:
The attack IMO will look something like this:

Moises Henriques as the allrounder, Watson will bat 4 or 5, so he'll give you a few overs as well.
Cullum Bailey/Nathan Hauritz
Ben Hilfenhaus
Mitchell Johnson
Shaun Tait
Oh Gawd

Ease up on henriques, let him mature as a player and get some solid cricket under his belt, as he is just potential currently.

Now.

I wouldnt say our attack is the worst ever, but it is very out of form. Mitchel JOhnson is sh*te, as is Watson bowling ten overs, as is Tait. Those 3 managed to concede 230 odd runs between them.

We are coming off a golden period, and we can certainly still win this world cup tournament, but there is no denying we are on the slide. It happens. We still have the batting to win some one dayers but our bowling must improve.

lockyno1

Post Whore
How is Tait bad? I'll concede Johnson but not Tait. He is a genuine quick who gets wickets! Plus the reality is there are not many options. Perhaps Noffke but even he is hit/miss.

aussies1st

Staff member
lockyno1 said:
Maybe but who else is there? Harwood is 31, Clark is 31 as well, all the NSW bowlers are tripe, and Noffke is in his late 20's as well. I am not sure we have many options!

I'd try Bollinger gets swing similar pace to Johnson. Araon Bird when he gets his action sorted. Tassie have young bowlers but they seem more suited to the longer game. Other sides basically have older players.