What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

C/H series game 3 NZ vs Aus

Red Bear

Referee
Birds sh*t, Bollinger has been ok of late but would rate him an international player at all. I wouldnt say NSW bowlers are sh*t when we have 4 internationals. Hilfenhaus is the obvious one who has been missed in this mad rush for quicks, would feel much more comfortable with him in there than tait.

lockyno1

Post Whore
So what? Johnson got a 10for in the Pura Cup final. Point to me where Bollinger got a 10 for under pressure.

Y2Eel

First Grade
lockyno1 said:
I hope they start with him in the ODI's first though. Aiden Blizzard is a batsman I like for the future as well as Ed Cowan
Thats all he is really playing ATM for NSW limitied over cricket...

He isnt doing too badly.. More of a bowler allrounder..

Y2Eel

First Grade
lockyno1 said:
We need a bowling all-rounder we have about 10 batting all rounders!

We need to get rid of the rubbish if we are going through a rebuilding phase bring in some young blood mix it with the older more experienced placers

lockyno1

Post Whore
Well I'd be looking to bring in a stack of young guys in the next few years

Bowlers:

Hauritz (ODI's)
Hillfenhaus (both)
Bollinger (I recon he is rubbish but I'll give him a go at least- ODI's)
Bird (ODI's)
Johnson (tests)
Noffke (ODI's)
Cullum Bailey (both, mainly tests)
Tait (both)

Batsmen

Aiden Blizzard (ODI's, 20/20)
Ed Cowan (both)
Mark Cosgrove (both)
Sean Marsh (ODI's)
Marcus North (both)
Daniel Christian (ODI's)
White (tests/ODI's)
Travis Birt (both)

Keepers

Tim Paine (tests)
Luke Ronchi (ODI's)
Brad Haddin (both)

lockyno1 said:
There is no way that the NZ government will turn back 10 million by the ICC to develop a stadium. They would be insane to refuse!

well auckland refused money from the government to build the waterfront stadium for the world cup!

Stuart

Juniors
lockyno1 said:
Well I'd be looking to bring in a stack of young guys in the next few years

Bowlers:

Hauritz (ODI's)
Hillfenhaus (both)
Bollinger (I recon he is rubbish but I'll give him a go at least- ODI's)
Bird (ODI's)
Johnson (tests)
Noffke (ODI's)
Cullum Bailey (both, mainly tests)
Tait (both)

Batsmen

Aiden Blizzard (ODI's, 20/20)
Ed Cowan (both)
Mark Cosgrove (both)
Sean Marsh (ODI's)
Marcus North (both)
Daniel Christian (ODI's)
White (tests/ODI's)
Travis Birt (both)

Keepers

Tim Paine (tests)
Luke Ronchi (ODI's)
Brad Haddin (both)

To be honest i think thats a pretty crap list. Firstly i dont think we need to stack the side with youngsters, we should stack the side with the players that are performing. With modern player management, players are now playing into their late 30's. Michael Hussey and Clark are testamount to this strategy, both over 30 when they cemented a spot in the side but still with quite long careers ahead of them...

I expect players like Jaques, Rogers, Hodge and D.Hussey, with a little bit more experience to be in the front running for the test batting spots that become available over the next few years unless some of the young guys really start to fire. Cowan, Birt, Marsh, Cosgrove, Blizzard etc have to this point been too inconsistent top this point in their careers to be considered for test cricket. I think the ODi spots will probalby go to the younger guys, but im not sure as with anything an option may jump from left field at anytime.

The bowling spots are wide open, im not even going to try to predict what will happen or who will prevail...

PS Surprised you have Christian ahead of Henriques, from what ive seen id have them the other way round. Also surprised Burke hasnt been given a run in the NSW side this year, his club and CAC form has been good...

lockyno1

Post Whore
Henriques was already mentioned earlier, I didn't include him for that reason. I already said he should play ODI's next year.

JJ

Immortal
lockyno1 said:
Fine JJ..make it 50million.

still way short - I think they were looking at 400 million for the Eden park upgrade, and 800+ for the waterfront obscenity

JoeD

First Grade
The question you have to ask is, would Australia have these huge cricket grounds if AFL wasn't there to use them in the off season?

$10 million? haha that wouldn't even get you some temporary seating around your local park.