What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CA Cultural Review

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I tend to agree, we have hung our players out to dry compared other suspects, even repeat offenders only get 1 game

I tend to agree, we have hung our players out to dry compared other suspects, even repeat offenders only get 1 game

As soon as the sun rose on the Sunday morning... it was a sheer competition amongst journos, commentators, anyone and everyone to be the most outraged... literally a competition to have their opinions heard above everyone else... They wanted blood and thats what they got.. and it still didnt appease them when the 3 players did their press conferences... it wasnt good enough - more blood please!

How many of these people hold the same outrage now. Many want the bans lifted.

I wasnt angry or outraged - I bypassed that phase and went straight to sad/reflective mode as I watched the whole thing unfold live. Now with this "review" - I'm embarrassed.

The Iconic brand that was the Australian Cricket Team..... is now sadly and embarrassingly at the lowest of lows.

Last edited:

Bazal

Post Whore
As soon as the sun rose on the Sunday morning... it was a sheer competition amongst journos, commentators, anyone and everyone to be the most outraged... literally a competition to have their opinions heard above everyone else... They wanted blood and thats what they got.. and it still didnt appease them when the 3 players did their press conferences... it wasnt good enough - more blood please!

How many of these people hold the same outrage now. Many want the bans lifted.

I wasnt angry or outraged - I bypassed that phase and went straight to sad/reflective mode as I watched the whole thing unfold live. Now with this "review" - I'm embarrassed.

The Iconic brand that was the Australian Cricket Team..... is now sadly and embarrassingly at the lowest of lows.

All teams have lows. This one sucks, but was unfortunately coming for a long time given the culture that was allowed to develop within Aussie cricket. And I'm talking about the "Ugly Aussie" myth, based on the actions of a few players that no one really likes anyway. Every side has players that carry on at times in their own setup, professional sport breeds dickheads.

I'm talking about the culture in the actual hierarchy... The nepotism, the unwillingness to change with the game, putting financial gains before cricketing ones, narrow-mindedness, all that sort of stuff. Unfortunately this review doesn't look like changing the most important issues within Australian cricket, which is a shame

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Well when you are picking a cricketer for his sledge and mongrel(Tough little nugget) you have to know your priorities are f**ked.

TheAussie’s sledging or talk has been embarrassing for ages, it’s not funny or smart it’s just mindless abuse. It got out of hand under Lehman who has also got out of this totally unscathed. He was leaving the Aussie job anyway and he lands a cushy job with CA.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Well when you are picking a cricketer for his sledge and mongrel(Tough little nugget) you have to know your priorities are f**ked.

good point, so where did that instruction come from ? the board ? CA ? or the selectors ?

we need to cut off the head of the snake

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
ABC News are reporting that Peever has just resigned

1 down more to come hopefully

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Statement from Cricket Australia
November 01, 2018

Cricket Australia has today confirmed that Mr David Peever has announced his resignation as Chairman of the Board of Cricket Australia, effective immediately.

The Board has appointed Deputy Chair, Mr Earl Eddings, as interim Chair and will undertake the necessary process to make a permanent appointment.

Mr Eddings said:

“We thank David for his service.

“He has played a pivotal role in the elevation of women’s cricket, and the significant growth in attendance and participation.

“He should also be acknowledged for his efforts in improving funding to the ICC full member nations outside Australia, England and India; overhauling governance of the ICC and reforming the Future Tours program, among a long list of achievements.

“We look forward to continuing the important process of recovering and rebuilding for Cricket Australia and Australian Cricket.

“The Board is keenly aware that we have a way to go to earn back the trust of the cricket community. We and the executive team are determined to make cricket stronger.”

https://www.cricketaustralia.com.au/media/media-releases/statement-from-cricket-australia/2018-11-01

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Statement from Cricket Australia
November 01, 2018

Cricket Australia has today confirmed that Mr David Peever has announced his resignation as Chairman of the Board of Cricket Australia, effective immediately.

The Board has appointed Deputy Chair, Mr Earl Eddings, as interim Chair and will undertake the necessary process to make a permanent appointment.

Mr Eddings said:

“We thank David for his service.

“He has played a pivotal role in the elevation of women’s cricket, and the significant growth in attendance and participation.

“He should also be acknowledged for his efforts in improving funding to the ICC full member nations outside Australia, England and India; overhauling governance of the ICC and reforming the Future Tours program, among a long list of achievements.

“We look forward to continuing the important process of recovering and rebuilding for Cricket Australia and Australian Cricket.

“The Board is keenly aware that we have a way to go to earn back the trust of the cricket community. We and the executive team are determined to make cricket stronger.”

https://www.cricketaustralia.com.au/media/media-releases/statement-from-cricket-australia/2018-11-01
Good riddance.

Fangs

Coach
Reason for stepping down is well known to all. I don't understand why CA wouldn't put that in their statement.

Shithouse CA, again.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
On the ABC who broke the story they said he lost the support of NSW and that tipped him over the edge as he had already lost the support of some other states.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Interesting listening to Mark Waugh on the big sports breakfast yesterday. Junior was extremely adamant that the selectors and Cricket Australia have never had a “win at all costs” attitude. CA has/had a very simple goal of their teams becoming the number one ranked teams in their respective disciplines.

Now to me, how others within the system interpret that is their choice. If it means that they had to lower themselves to conspire to cheat the rules, rather than work harder and accept where they are, then that is their own problem, no one else’s.

If Cricket Australia had undeniable proof that any form of cheating was taking place previously, then they deserve to have the book thrown at them. However, in the very heavily guarded boys club and unionised mentality, I’d assume they really didn’t know or could prove anything substantial.

Bazal

Post Whore
Crash Craddock on Fox Sports News just said that "High Performance Manager" Pat Howard was in the habit of giving players pass or fail marks for their performances, and that for batsmen scoring a 30 earned them a pass mark....

What the f**k?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Crash Craddock on Fox Sports News just said that "High Performance Manager" Pat Howard was in the habit of giving players pass or fail marks for their performances, and that for batsmen scoring a 30 earned them a pass mark....

What the f**k?

seriously ? that's primary school stuff

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting listening to Mark Waugh on the big sports breakfast yesterday. Junior was extremely adamant that the selectors and Cricket Australia have never had a “win at all costs” attitude.

Wouldn't be because he was one of the selectors ?